Author Topic: Sen. Flake: 'Not a Chance' I'd Call for FBI Investigation If I Were Up for Reelection  (Read 245 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Sen. Flake: 'Not a Chance' I'd Call for FBI Investigation If I Were Up for Reelection

By Michael W. Chapman | October 1, 2018 | 11:25 AM EDT

Senator Jeff Flake (R-Ariz.), who broke with his GOP colleagues on the Senate Judiciary Committee on Friday and joined with Democrats in calling for another FBI investiagtion of Supreme Court nominee Jeff Kavanaugh, told CBS's 60 Minutes that he never would have done what he did if he were running for reelection this year. "No, not a chance," he said, smiling.

Flake has served one term in the U.S. Senate and announced earlier this year that he would not run for reelection in November. Flake has been a staunch critic of President Donald Trump and compared him to the Soviet genocidal dictator Joseph Stalin.

On Friday, Sept. 28, Flake delayed the committee vote to advance Kavanaugh's nomination to the full Senate as he met with Democrats in a side room for nearly 90 minutes. When he emerged, Flake asked Committee Chairman Chuck Grassley (R-Iowa) for a "point of order" to speak to the committee.  Flake, who had previously said he would vote to support Kavanaugh, then annoucned that he would vote to move the nomination out of the committee but would only vote in the full Senate if there was another FBI investiagtion of Kavanaugh that lasted no more than a week.

more
https://www.cnsnews.com/blog/michael-w-chapman/sen-flake-not-chance-id-call-fbi-investigation-if-i-were-reelection
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34