Author Topic: White House Tells F.B.I. to Interview Anyone Necessary for Kavanaugh Inquiry  (Read 420 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
By Peter Baker and Michael S. Schmidt

Oct. 1, 2018

WASHINGTON — The White House has authorized the F.B.I. to expand its abbreviated investigation into sexual misconduct allegations against Judge Brett M. Kavanaugh by interviewing anyone it deems necessary as long the review is finished by the end of the week, two people briefed on the matter said on Monday.

The new directive came in the past 24 hours after a backlash from Democrats, who criticized the White House for limiting the scope of the bureau’s investigation into President Trump’s nominee for the Supreme Court. The F.B.I. has already completed interviews with the four witnesses its agents were originally asked to talk to, the people said.

Mr. Trump said on Monday that he favored a “comprehensive” F.B.I. investigation and had no problem if the bureau wanted to question Judge Kavanaugh or even a third accuser who was left off the initial witness list if she seemed credible. His only concerns he said, were that the investigation be wrapped up quickly and that it take direction from the Senate Republicans who will determine whether Judge Kavanaugh is confirmed.

more
https://www.nytimes.com/2018/10/01/us/politics/trump-fbi-kavanaugh.html
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
I am so discouraged today by all of Trump's idiotic statements..WTF is wrong with him!

Even Rush is gobsmacked...
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline cato potatoe

At this point, I will be amazed if they come up with 50 votes.  The Republicans have botched this every step of the way.  They might as well withdraw his name and try to confirm another by Dec 31.