Author Topic: Feinstein’s ‘Temperament’ Gambit  (Read 969 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Feinstein’s ‘Temperament’ Gambit
« on: September 30, 2018, 08:44:19 pm »
Feinstein’s ‘Temperament’ Gambit
Democrats lobby the ABA to reopen its Kavanaugh evaluation.

By The Editorial Board
Updated Sept. 30, 2018 4:12 p.m. ET

The intervention by American Bar Association President and Hillary Clinton supporter Robert Carlson against Brett Kavanaugh turns out to be even worse than we reported on Saturday. Now, exploiting the latest delay in a Senate confirmation vote, Democrats and liberals like Mr. Carlson are pressuring the ABA’s Standing Committee on the Federal Judiciary to reopen its evaluation of Brett Kavanaugh.

The ABA committee submitted its evaluation to the Senate Judiciary Committee on Aug. 31. Paul Moxley, the Utah lawyer who chairs the ABA committee, wrote that “after an exhaustive evaluation process, the Standing Committee has determined by a unanimous vote that Judge Kavanaugh is ‘Well Qualified.’” That is the ABA’s highest rating.

The excuse now being pushed on the ABA behind the scenes isn’t merely the uncorroborated claims of sexual misconduct, which are being investigated by the FBI. The new claim is that Mr. Kavanaugh’s passionate defense of his reputation before the Senate last week showed that he is too political and lacks the proper judicial temperament.

“Judge Kavanaugh did not reflect an impartial temperament or the fairness and even-handedness one would see in a judge,” Senate Democrat Dianne Feinstein tweeted on Friday. “He was aggressive and belligerent.”

The media have picked up the meme. “The judge who previously served as a top aide to President George W. Bush and worked for independent counsel Ken Starr’s investigation of President Bill Clinton tossed aside his earlier judicious language of neutrality,” opined CNN legal analyst Joan Biskupic.

more
https://www.wsj.com/articles/feinsteins-temperament-gambit-1538337954
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Re: Feinstein’s ‘Temperament’ Gambit
« Reply #1 on: September 30, 2018, 08:46:30 pm »
I just posted on another thread that the rats have been too quiet....but I don't think this is it..not salacious enough for them
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline skeeter

« Reply #2 on: September 30, 2018, 08:46:42 pm »
IMO he wouldn't be a fit judge if he didn't look as though he wanted to wring Feinstein's chicken neck.

Online Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
« Reply #3 on: September 30, 2018, 08:47:22 pm »
God  I hope this democrat scum gets what she deserves before this is over!
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Online Hoodat

« Reply #4 on: September 30, 2018, 09:52:59 pm »
“Judge Kavanaugh did not reflect an impartial temperament or the fairness and even-handedness one would see in a judge,” Senate Democrat Dianne Feinstein tweeted on Friday. “He was aggressive and belligerent.”

Kavanaugh wasn't the judge here.  He was a defendant, wrongly accused, who instead of taking the Fifth was adamant about testifying in his defense and subjecting himself to cross examination.

Feinstein is being dishonest here.  It has become a pattern with her.
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."

-Ayn Rand-

Offline Right_in_Virginia

« Reply #5 on: September 30, 2018, 10:24:52 pm »
Good luck with this, Di.

Every emotion Judge Kavanaugh expressed was shared by rational American citizens everywhere.   When he expressed anger, we cheered; when he expressed incredulity, he expressed our own and when he fought back tears, we let ours flow.

If the 10,000 who attended last night's rally in WV are any indication, the people are awake.  People watched both hearings.  They know about Spartacus, they know about DiFi leaking Ford's letter, and they know the coordination among democrats --- chapter and verse --- to destroy this good man with vicious smears and lies so they can steal back power.

At the very mention of Brett Kavanaugh's name 10,000 people erupted in cheers.

So, good luck with this Di.  I'll say it again, your time would be better spent making your peace with God.

debrawiest

« Reply #6 on: September 30, 2018, 11:02:42 pm »

Every emotion Judge Kavanaugh expressed was shared by rational American citizens everywhere.   When he expressed anger, we cheered; when he expressed incredulity, he expressed our own and when he fought back tears, we let ours flow.

Beautifully written. Every single person I’ve visited with regarding this matter feels the same way. A good man was bullied in that hearing.

Offline 240B

• Lord of all things Orange!
  • TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...
« Reply #7 on: September 30, 2018, 11:24:34 pm »
« Last Edit: September 30, 2018, 11:59:40 pm by 240B »
You cannot "COEXIST" with people who want to kill you.
If they kill their own with no conscience, there is nothing to stop them from killing you.
Rational fear and anger at vicious murderous Islamic terrorists is the same as irrational antisemitism, according to the Leftists.

Online Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
« Reply #8 on: September 30, 2018, 11:28:09 pm »
Bigun wrote:
"I hope this democrat scum gets what she deserves before this is over!"

If they were smart, California Republican voters should go to the polls and vote for Kevin de Leon for senator.

This will get rid of Feinstein once and for all.

Of course, they're both democrat-communists, but de Leon will be much less effective in the Senate due to his lack of seniority and his off-the-wall leftness (but really, can it be much further off-the-wall than Feinstein's behavior in the Kavanaugh hearings?).

But... I don't believe that California Republicans are smart enough to do that...