Author Topic: Willie Nelson: 'I don’t believe in closing the border. We have a statue that says: Y’all come  (Read 631 times)

rangerrebew

Willie Nelson: 'I don’t believe in closing the border. We have a statue that says: Y’all come in'

September 28, 2018
    Rebecca Bengal

At 85, Willie Nelson still spends half the year on the road and is busy supporting Texan Democrat nominee Beto O’Rourke. And the giant of country music’s 2,500 song catalogue just keeps growing

In the Boston suburb of Mansfield, Massachusetts, I am summoned to Willie Nelson’s tour bus a couple of hours before he takes to the stage at the Outlaw music festival. Meanwhile, in Dallas, the progressive Democrat Beto O’Rourke is wrapping up his first debate with Ted Cruz, his Republican opponent in Texas’s too-close-to-call US Senate race. O’Rourke will later be seen celebrating his strong performance by air-drumming to the Who in a Whataburger drive-thru.

Soon after Nelson signed on to headline a major O’Rourke rally on 29 September, some conservative fans reportedly planned to boycott his music in protest. A doctored photograph went viral of Nelson in a Beto for Texas shirt, flipping off at the camera like his friend Johnny Cash. But an actual boycott appeared to be bogus, or at least overblown; and anyway, as singer Wheeler Walker Jr tweeted: “You can argue politics all you want, but you cannot argue Willie.”

https://www.theguardian.com/music/20...s-yall-come-in

Offline catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher

Willie Nelson: 'I don’t believe in closing the border. We have a statue that says: Y’all come in'

Illegally?...sorry Willie, I missed that part

O’Rourke will later be seen celebrating his strong performance by air-drumming to the Who in a Whataburger drive-thru.

You picked the wrong song Beto. You really should have picked a song from The Who's Tommy album, because you are Deaf, Dumb, and Blind to what Texas wants and needs

but you cannot argue Willie.”

F Willie.  He's a petrified Texas stoner version of Snoop Dog.

I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Offline Applewood

I like Willie and always have, but it pains me when celebrities render public opinions on political matters.  Most don't know what they're talking about and they just end up alienating many of their fans.

So I'll play recordings of Willie's songs and do my best to close my eyes and ears to his nonsense. 

Friend of mine sent me a You Tube link to one of Willie's recent performances.  The guy looks and sounds tired --understandable for a man in his 80s.    Time for retirement, but I don't know if Willie can afford to.

Offline catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
I like Willie and always have, but it pains me when celebrities render public opinions on political matters.  Most don't know what they're talking about and they just end up alienating many of their fans.

Willie's not as altruistic as he makes out.  Believe  me, he has been in on schemes which involve political wrangling.  Among others,  bio-diesel or legalized weed.
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Offline Applewood

Willie's not as altruistic as he makes out.  Believe  me, he has been in on schemes which involve political wrangling.  Among others,  bio-diesel or legalized weed.

Oh I know.  Farm Aid is another example.  I used to attend the concerts just for the music, not the anti-Republican propaganda.  But I found out that the organization is really all about liberal politics and its actual assistance to struggling family farms is minimal at best.  Money raised goes primarily to politicians and political causes, not to the farmers.