Author Topic: Brett Kavanaugh right that he can no longer coach girls basketball?  (Read 365 times)

rangerrebew

s Brett Kavanaugh right that he can no longer coach girls basketball?
Erik Brady, USA TODAY Published 6:11 p.m. ET Sept. 28, 2018

“I love coaching more than anything I’ve ever done in my whole life,” Kavanaugh said in his opening statement on Thursday. “But thanks to what some of you on this side of the committee have unleashed, I may never be able to coach again.”

He just might be right. Oh, not the part about blaming Democrats on the Senate Judiciary Committee – that’s just to avoid placing blame on his wholly sympathetic accuser – but the may-never-coach-again part. The nation is newly vigilant on who coaches and trains its children given recent scandals in gymnastics and other sports.

Turns out, though, Kavanaugh is free to continue coaching in the Catholic Youth Organization and his daughters’ private school in Washington, according to Edward McFadden, spokesperson for the Archdiocese of Washington. He said a coach accused of sexual misconduct would have to go through the full legal process and be convicted before being banned.

McFadden told USA TODAY Sports’ A.J. Perez on Friday that “adult volunteers with extensive contact with children” go through fingerprinting, criminal background checks and training under what is called the VIRTUS program.

https://www.usatoday.com/story/sports/columnist/erik-brady/2018/09/28/brett-kavanaugh-right-he-can-no-longer-coach-girls-basketball/1459496002/
« Last Edit: September 29, 2018, 01:47:41 pm by mystery-ak »

rangerrebew

Re: s Brett Kavanaugh right that he can no longer coach girls basketball?
« Reply #1 on: September 29, 2018, 01:14:54 pm »
September 29, 2018
Despicable USA Today slurs Kavanaugh as possible pedophile
By Thomas Lifson

The campaign of personal destruction unleashed on Judge Brett Kavanaugh is revealing the depths to which the Democrats and their journalistic handmaidens have fallen.

Wait a minute! They haven’t fallen, they have leaped… into an abyss of lies, innuendo, and outright cruelty. An operation undertaken against a man admired by virtually everyone who has professionally or socially known and associated with him for decades.

https://www.americanthinker.com/blog/2018/09/despicable_usa_today_slurs_kavanaugh_as_possible_pedophile.html