Author Topic: Cotton to Blumenthal: You don't have credibility to question Kavanaugh  (Read 523 times)

Offline TomSea

• All deserve a trial if accused
Cotton to Blumenthal: You don't have credibility to question Kavanaugh
BY MEGAN KELLER - 09/27/18 07:01 PM EDT

Sen. Tom Cotton (R-Ark.) ripped into Sen. Richard Blumenthal (D-Conn.) on Thursday for lying about his military service and then questioning Supreme Court nominee Brett Kavanaugh's credibility.

"@SenBlumenthal lied for years about serving in Vietnam, which is all you need to know about his courage & honesty," Cotton, who is not on the Senate Judiciary Committee, tweeted during the questioning. "Maybe he should reconsider before questioning Judge Kavanaugh’s credibility."

Blumenthal has said he served in Vietnam, when he in fact sought at least five military deferments and eventually landed a spot in the Marine Reserve, where he was essentially guaranteed not to serve in the conflict itself, The New York Times reports.

Read more at: https://thehill.com/homenews/senate/408857-rep-sen-blumenthal-lied-for-years-should-reconsider-questioning-kavanaughs

Cotton said Blumenthal lied for years about serving in Vietnam.
« Last Edit: September 28, 2018, 02:45:50 am by TomSea »

Offline Frank Cannon

Re: Cotton to Blumenthal: You don't have credibility to question Kavanaugh
« Reply #1 on: September 28, 2018, 02:51:50 am »
Senator Dick is a habitual liar, has the face of a penis and is the vilest of the vile. I love that this self important pr*ck gets his past lies shoved in his face on a regular basis.

Online cato potatoe

« Reply #2 on: September 28, 2018, 02:51:55 am »
You don't often see one senator go after another like this.  My sense is the fight is on, and the gloves are off.

Offline bilo

« Reply #3 on: September 28, 2018, 02:54:09 am »
You don't often see one senator go after another like this.  My sense is the fight is on, and the gloves are off.

I pray they don't let up. Pound these pieces of garbage into the ground and keep pounding.
A stranger in a hostile foreign land I used to call home

Offline Emjay

• Womp, womp
« Reply #4 on: September 28, 2018, 02:54:53 am »

I think Kavanaugh's impassioned and believable defense of himself gave courage to a lot of squishes.  Just look at Lindsey Graham.  I was way impressed.
Against stupidity, the Gods themselves contend in vain.

Offline dfwgator

« Reply #5 on: September 28, 2018, 03:01:37 am »
Hmmmm, I'm starting to like the Post-McCain GOP.