Author Topic: DC restaurant: We've received death threats after Cruz, wife forced out by protesters  (Read 780 times)

Offline TomSea

• All deserve a trial if accused
DC restaurant: We've received death threats after Cruz, wife forced out by protesters
Megan Keller

The owner of the Washington, D.C., restaurant where protesters forced out Sen. Ted Cruz  (R-Texas) and his wife earlier this week says that his staff and their families have received death threats.

"I am blessed to work with the staff who have handled the harassment and life-threatening messages we and our families have received in the wake of the event," Fabio Trabocchi wrote in a statement released Wednesday.

"They have shown remarkable grit and calm," he said. "It is scary to hear anger directed at you and those you love— I am lucky to work with brave people who respect our work."

Read more at: https://thehill.com/blogs/blog-briefing-room/news/408625-dc-restaurant-weve-received-death-threats-after-cruz-and-wife

Offline TomSea

• All deserve a trial if accused
Anyone issuing death threats is obviously an idiot and should be prosecuted to the full extent of the law.

Unfortunately, it sounds like both sides (not Cruz, I'm talking about the general environment in the US) make threats, news stories was on Dr. Ford receiving threat as well as of course, Brett and his family.

To make threats against a restaurant and their owners is truly a milestone in moronic behavior.

The net might make it easier to make death threats, a few years ago, there was even some to-do about fans of opposing ice hockey teams making threats against the stars of teams.

Offline InHeavenThereIsNoBeer

Or they found themselves off the front pages, and wanted the attention back.

My avatar shows the national debt in stacks of $100 bills.  If you look very closely under the crane you can see the Statue of Liberty.

Offline verga

I am having a hard time feeling any kind of sympathy or charity towards any of these establishments that allow this harassment of public figures to occur, no matter what side of the aisle they are on.
In a time of universal deceit - telling the truth is a revolutionary act.
�More than any other time in history, mankind faces a crossroads. One path leads to despair and utter hopelessness. The other, to total extinction. Let us pray we have the wisdom to choose correctly.�-Woody Allen
If God invented marathons to keep people from doing anything more stupid, the triathlon must have taken him completely by surprise.

Offline mountaineer

We really don't know whether he's telling the truth. Anyone can make an allegation, cf., "Dr." Ford.
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline aligncare

Sure, there have always been political differences between democrats and republicans; the sixties certainly were no picnic. But, today feels different. We seem to be moving towards new, scary levels of irreconcilable differences and violence. Maybe it’s all that global warming?

Offline mountaineer

Maybe it’s all that global warming?
It gives "feeling under the weather" a whole new meaning. I'm under the weather, so I think I'll issue death threats, defame a good man's reputation and scream my way through a Senate committee hearing. Darn climate change!  22222frying pan
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline jmyrlefuller

• J. Myrle Fuller
  • Cat Mod
  • Realistic nihilist
    • Fullervision
Doesn't every controversial figure get death threats?
New profile picture in honor of Public Domain Day 2024