Author Topic: Lindsey Graham ... On Fire!  (Read 1866 times)

Offline Right_in_Virginia

Re: Lindsey Graham ... On Fire!
« Reply #25 on: September 28, 2018, 12:37:40 pm »
Graham's always been a guy who tried to work with the other side, to maintain collegiality and decorum, etc..
because he thought that's how the Senate was supposed to behave.  With "decency".

That was the reaction of a man who felt betrayed, both personally and for Judge Kavanaugh.  What we saw was honest, righteous fury at the evildoers.

Agree ..... that Graham is the Senator who always reached across the aisle made his statement all the more powerful, and believable.

Offline Jazzhead

• Blue lives matter
« Reply #26 on: September 28, 2018, 12:50:15 pm »
Graham's always been a guy who tried to work with the other side, to maintain collegiality and decorum, etc..
because he thought that's how the Senate was supposed to behave.  With "decency".

That was the reaction of a man who felt betrayed, both personally and for Judge Kavanaugh.  What we saw was honest, righteous fury at the evildoers.

That'll be the defining moment of his Senate career - the thing they'll talk about when he passes.  He should be proud.

Well said, @Maj. Bill Martin .   A lot of us who've invested a lot of years in promoting collegiality and process in the name of public service have been radicalized by the thuggish tactics of the Dems.  It is one thing to disagree.  It is quite another to conduct character assassination of good people for the most selfish of motives.   

As I've noted above,  I've been a fan of Lindsay Graham for years, even as many others have despised him for declining to be a rank partisan.   For now,  until I see evidence that at least some Dems stand for the virtue of common decency,  I say to hell with 'em all.   Just like the hell they've put Judge Kavanaugh through.     
It's crackers to slip a rozzer the dropsy in snide

Offline Polly Ticks

« Reply #27 on: September 28, 2018, 12:52:55 pm »

That'll be the defining moment of his Senate career - the thing they'll talk about when he passes.  He should be proud.

I think you're right about that.

This was definitely one of those 'history in the making' moments, and Graham acquitted himself very well.
Love is the most important thing in the world, but baseball is pretty good, too. -Yogi Berra

Offline aligncare

« Reply #28 on: September 28, 2018, 01:03:37 pm »
He impressed the heck outta me. It came definitely from the gut.

Offline GrouchoTex

« Reply #29 on: September 29, 2018, 12:19:21 pm »
Lindsey regained a lot of lost respect from me in his words at this hearing.

I agree.

Offline libertybele

« Reply #30 on: September 30, 2018, 03:00:14 am »

Yes without a doubt, he didn't hold back and rightfully so...and then Trump orders an FBI investigation  22222frying pan
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.