Author Topic: Lindsey Graham ... On Fire!  (Read 1867 times)

Offline mrclose

Lindsey Graham ... On Fire!
« on: September 27, 2018, 09:19:32 pm »
Lindsey Graham was on Fire!

For those that may have missed it ....
! No longer available
"Hell is empty, all the devil's are here!"
~ Self

Offline bilo

Re: Lindsey Graham ... On Fire!
« Reply #1 on: September 27, 2018, 11:48:16 pm »
This was probably his finest moment in politics. I hope all the weak knee Pubs were listening.
A stranger in a hostile foreign land I used to call home

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
« Reply #2 on: September 28, 2018, 12:25:12 am »
Dayum!  That was great!

Online Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #3 on: September 28, 2018, 12:28:41 am »
Dayum!  That was great!

Freaking great!  I had thought McCain had sucked all of his soul out of him.  I heard it live on radio, but then I saw it on YouTube, and he really laid it down.  He was plenty pissed, even more than  when he was the Manager of the Senate Impeachment trial in 1999.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline Frank Cannon

« Reply #4 on: September 28, 2018, 12:30:21 am »
Lindsey Graham ... On Fire!

Is this some sort of commentary on him being flaming?

Offline Polly Ticks

« Reply #5 on: September 28, 2018, 01:08:27 am »
Graham's indignation was second only to Judge Kavanaugh. He was eloquent in his censorship of the political gamesmanship on display by the Democratic committee members. I honestly didn't know he had it in him.
Love is the most important thing in the world, but baseball is pretty good, too. -Yogi Berra

Offline Emjay

• Womp, womp
« Reply #6 on: September 28, 2018, 01:20:56 am »
This was probably his finest moment in politics. I hope all the weak knee Pubs were listening.

Lindsey regained a lot of lost respect from me in his words at this hearing.
Against stupidity, the Gods themselves contend in vain.

Online Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #7 on: September 28, 2018, 01:25:35 am »
Lindsey regained a lot of lost respect from me in his words at this hearing.

Flake took a minute at the end.  He was forceful in his endorsement of Kav.  Corker Tweeted within minutes he was an "Aye" vote.  Let's see the two ladies resist that.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
« Reply #8 on: September 28, 2018, 01:28:16 am »
Flake took a minute at the end.  He was forceful in his endorsement of Kav.  Corker Tweeted within minutes he was an "Aye" vote.  Let's see the two ladies resist that.

Ladies, my a$$.

Offline Chosen Daughter

• For there is no respect of persons with God. Romans 10:12-13
  • Ephesians 6:13 Stand Firm in the face of evil
« Reply #9 on: September 28, 2018, 01:30:32 am »

Yes, good for him.  It was amazing that others didn't stand up for Brett.  I would have expected something from Ted Cruz or Ben Sasse also.   

Lindsey Graham is still gang of eight.  And given the opportunity to influence it would be toward amnesty.  So credit for today for standing up.
AG William Barr: "I'm recused from that matter because one of the law firms that represented Epstein long ago was a firm that I subsequently joined for a period of time."

Alexander Acosta Labor Secretary resigned under pressure concerning his "sweetheart deal" with Jeffrey Epstein.  He was under consideration for AG after Sessions was removed, but was forced to resign instead.

Offline Jazzhead

• Blue lives matter
« Reply #10 on: September 28, 2018, 01:34:02 am »
I've admired Lindsay Graham for many, many years.   I'm busting my buttons with pride and admiration at his spirited takedown of the ghouls passing for solons seeking to tear the fabric of this nation to shreds.   There are no good Democrats,  at least not until a couple of them, perhaps, stand up and vote for Judge Kavanaugh and the virtue of common decency. 
« Last Edit: September 28, 2018, 01:41:01 am by Jazzhead »
It's crackers to slip a rozzer the dropsy in snide

Offline Idiot

« Reply #11 on: September 28, 2018, 01:36:43 am »
First I must say that I can't stand Lindsey Graham.  Today for the first time in a LONG time....he was a man (so to speak).  God bless him for having the courage to say what needed to be said. 

At least he could see someone being wronged and said something about it.

Offline DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
« Reply #12 on: September 28, 2018, 01:41:23 am »
I've admired Lindsay Graham from many, many years.   I'm busting my buttons with pride and admiration at his spirited takedown of the ghouls passing for solons and want to tear the fabric of this nation to shreds.   There are no good Democrats,  at least not until a couple of them, perhaps, stand up and vote for Judge Kavanaugh and the virtue of common decency.

Fact is, that Donald Trump is going to have a field day after this.

How easy is it...given his personality, to shred these cork soakers?

I'm emotionally exhausted.

Today alone, sobbed uncontrollably watching and listening to him.  You KNOW he's telling the truth.

But, I've NEVER been so enraged at the Democrat Party.  It's a good thing my commie lady friend didn't call to check up on me.
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
« Reply #13 on: September 28, 2018, 01:44:54 am »
Yes, good for him.  It was amazing that others didn't stand up for Brett.  I would have expected something from Ted Cruz or Ben Sasse also.   

Lindsey Graham is still gang of eight.  And given the opportunity to influence it would be toward amnesty.  So credit for today for standing up.

Cruz did a good job of defending him.

Offline corbe

« Reply #14 on: September 28, 2018, 01:54:23 am »

Grahmn was passionate, no doubt, and a side of him I've never seen, at least while McCain was alive.  Though Sasse seemed a bit after the fact rehashing issues that had already been covered 10 times, both Lee and Cruz hit it from a more legal standpoint and both were matter of fact simple and damning.
   Super Kav lite a fire under these Men with his compelling opening statement. 
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Offline DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
« Reply #15 on: September 28, 2018, 02:02:37 am »
   Grahmn was passionate, no doubt, and a side of him I've never seen, at least while McCain was alive.  Though Sasse seemed a bit after the fact rehashing issues that had already been covered 10 times, both Lee and Cruz hit it from a more legal standpoint and both were matter of fact simple and damning.
   Super Kav lite a fire under these Men with his compelling opening statement.

It was Game. Set. Match.

How much you wanna bet that there are going to be at least a dozen Democrats that vote to confirm?

And it will be unanimous on the GOP side.
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Offline corbe

« Reply #16 on: September 28, 2018, 02:07:29 am »
   That's certainly plausible @DCPatriot particularly dem Senators up for re election in Red States.
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Offline libertybele

« Reply #17 on: September 28, 2018, 02:24:12 am »

Granted he is still a member of the gang of eight ... after seeing him today, he spoke with passion and conviction and thougg I definitely don't agree with his view on amnesty, I do believe he stands by what he believes in.  A rarity these days from politicians.
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline berdie

« Reply #18 on: September 28, 2018, 02:26:13 am »
Cruz did a good job of defending him.

Yes he did.

I have never seen Graham stand up like that....and I must say I was impressed.

Offline TomSea

• All deserve a trial if accused
« Reply #19 on: September 28, 2018, 02:33:29 am »
Lindsey Graham was on Fire!

For those that may have missed it ....
! No longer available

Thanks for posting this, I hadn't seen a Republican Senator dish it out like that in ages.

Offline TomSea

« Reply #20 on: September 28, 2018, 02:37:40 am »
People griped about Grassley, yeah here, I won't name names....

But I guess, part of his job was to keep order, I thought he did very well, as the day moved on with the idiotic continuing requests for an FBI investigation, the part where he talked about how many days they had worked on this with Kavanaugh. I think he deserves a good word to.

It was short, I thought Sasse did very well.

Offline bilo

« Reply #21 on: September 28, 2018, 03:00:38 am »

I thought Ted Cruz covered the legal issues really well and then rightly turned his fire on Feinstein. She had Kavanaugh in her office for an interview and had the letter for 20 days already. Her office was also in the process of lining up attorneys for her and she never asked Kavanaugh anything.
A stranger in a hostile foreign land I used to call home

Offline TomSea

« Reply #22 on: September 28, 2018, 03:09:49 am »
Graham is putting a serious "lean" on Flake to do the right thing as well and vote for Kavanaugh.  If Flake does the right thing, credit or partial credit to Lindsay on this too.
« Last Edit: September 28, 2018, 03:11:28 am by TomSea »

Offline TomSea

« Reply #23 on: September 28, 2018, 03:10:39 am »
Graham and Cotton served for this country and certainly, I respect them for that alone.

Offline Maj. Bill Martin

• I'll make Mincemeat out of 'em"
« Reply #24 on: September 28, 2018, 12:17:05 pm »
Graham's always been a guy who tried to work with the other side, to maintain collegiality and decorum, etc..
because he thought that's how the Senate was supposed to behave.  With "decency".

That was the reaction of a man who felt betrayed, both personally and for Judge Kavanaugh.  What we saw was honest, righteous fury at the evildoers.

That'll be the defining moment of his Senate career - the thing they'll talk about when he passes.  He should be proud.