Author Topic: WATCH LIVE: Kavanaugh rebuts Blasey Ford in testimony to Judiciary Committee  (Read 928 times)

Offline IsailedawayfromFR

https://www.washingtontimes.com/video/live-brett-kavanaugh-blasey-ford-hearing/

This man is devastated.

Charges need to be filed on someone for the pain he went through
No punishment, in my opinion, is too great, for the man who can build his greatness upon his country's ruin~  George Washington

Online DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
Judge Kavanaugh:  "I like beer!"     happy77
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Offline goatprairie

If every classmate of mine in high school was guilty of a major crime because they drank beer,  they'd all be in prison.
Here in Wisconsin one major inducement to go to any gathering is the promise of free beer.

Offline Chosen Daughter

• For there is no respect of persons with God. Romans 10:12-13
  • Ephesians 6:13 Stand Firm in the face of evil
I am stunned!  She said that lie detector test was administered on the day of her grandmothers funeral???  Who would do that??????????????!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  This is a sham.  Everyone knows that a lie detector test measures emotions.  It is probable that she was very emotional on that day.

She may believe that she was assaulted and maybe she even was?  I don't know but there is no collaborating evidence against Brett Kavanaugh.  Surely the lie detector was a sham.  I doubt that any professional would administer a test to someone coming from a funeral of their grandmother.  Furthermore she testified they came to her hotel room?  In between flights (fear of flying)?

Since lie detectors have been used in this testimony they should administer one to Brett Kavanagh and get this sham over.
« Last Edit: September 28, 2018, 01:25:36 am by Chosen Daughter »
AG William Barr: "I'm recused from that matter because one of the law firms that represented Epstein long ago was a firm that I subsequently joined for a period of time."

Alexander Acosta Labor Secretary resigned under pressure concerning his "sweetheart deal" with Jeffrey Epstein.  He was under consideration for AG after Sessions was removed, but was forced to resign instead.

Online Free Vulcan

• Technical
  • Ah, the air is so much fresher here...
I couldn't watch today. Did anyone press her on her dubious timeline of 'trying to remain anonymous' while doing everything to prepare to go public on her smears?
« Last Edit: September 28, 2018, 01:40:18 am by Free Vulcan »
The Republic is lost.

Offline goatprairie

I couldn't watch today. Did anyone press her on her dubious timeline of 'trying to remain anonymous' while doing everything to prepare to go public on her smears?
That was brought up by the prosecutor, but the fact that the prosecutor only got five minutes at a time to question Ford meant that she couldn't get a sustained inquiry going.
She'd be at a point where she was trying to nail down Ford about her memory, but then her time would elapse and a scummy Dem senator would get their five minutes.
The whole process was screwed up.

Offline Applewood

https://www.washingtontimes.com/video/live-brett-kavanaugh-blasey-ford-hearing/

This man is devastated.

Charges need to be filed on someone for the pain he went through

There should be a thorough investigation as to who is behind all this MeToo nonsense.  I'm reasonably sure it's some person or entity with deep pockets. And it's not just Democrats. 

Offline Chosen Daughter

• For there is no respect of persons with God. Romans 10:12-13
  • Ephesians 6:13 Stand Firm in the face of evil
I watched the whole thing.  Stayed up way to late.  It was heart wrenching to see the pain caused by this on Kavanaugh and his family.  However in my opinion it didn't help him to get angry about the drinking questioning.  Of course it was not fair.  Getting drunk does not make you a rapist and unless they have collaborating eyewitness accounts of Bret Kavanaugh ever forcing himself on anyone it isn't fair.  I am sure that was what he was thinking because he kept repeating his good record.

As for drinking I am sure that most Americans know what happens when people are inebriated.  If they had a witness that said he drank a lot he should have been honest.  He "fell asleep" is the same thing as "passing out drunk".  That is what naturally happens when a person drinks too much.  His comments about liking beer made him open to this.  He should have been honest.  What he should have done is said if anyone has any evidence that drinking affected my professional job, or has caused me to treat women with disrespect they should come forward.  Otherwise there is no reason for this questioning to have any affect on how I can perform my job as a Supreme Court Justice.

It actually made me cringe that as a judge he would blow up with anger during a testimony over drinking.  Honesty is always the best policy, especially under scrutiny.
« Last Edit: September 28, 2018, 02:28:20 pm by Chosen Daughter »
AG William Barr: "I'm recused from that matter because one of the law firms that represented Epstein long ago was a firm that I subsequently joined for a period of time."

Alexander Acosta Labor Secretary resigned under pressure concerning his "sweetheart deal" with Jeffrey Epstein.  He was under consideration for AG after Sessions was removed, but was forced to resign instead.

Offline Maj. Bill Martin

• I'll make Mincemeat out of 'em"
I watched the whole thing.  Stayed up way to late.  It was heart wrenching to see the pain caused by this on Kavanaugh and his family.  However in my opinion it didn't help him to get angry about the drinking questioning.  Of course it was not fair.  Getting drunk does not make you a rapist and unless they have collaborating eyewitness accounts of Bret Kavanaugh ever forcing himself on anyone it isn't fair.  I am sure that was what he was thinking because he kept repeating his good record.

As for drinking I am sure that most Americans know what happens when people are inebriated.  If they had a witness that said he drank a lot he should have been honest.  He "fell asleep" is the same thing as "passing out drunk".  That is what naturally happens when a person drinks too much.  His comments about liking beer made him open to this.  He should have been honest.  What he should have done is said if anyone has any evidence that drinking affected my professional job, or has caused me to treat women with disrespect they should come forward.  Otherwise there is no reason for this questioning to have any affect on how I can perform my job as a Supreme Court Justice.

It actually made me cringe that as a judge he would blow up with anger during a testimony over drinking.  Honesty is always the best policy, especially under scrutiny.

There is and was no contention that Judge Kavanaugh currently abuses alcohol.  This was an investigation into alleged sexual misconduct, which he categorically denied.

The only relevant question -- which he actually did answer -- was whether he had blacked out and had missing memories.  He testified that he did not.  That is not the same thing as falling asleep after drinking.  If you remember falling asleep, it's not a blackout.  And an investigation that focuses on non-blackout causing alcohol consumption as a teen or in college is not remotely relevant -- it is simply an attempt to smear him in general.

Offline TomSea

• All deserve a trial if accused
We know a lady who blacked out and I don't even think she was drinking at the time though she had a drinking problem, she blacked out driving (thankfully, no one else was involved, I guess the car came to a safe halt), she had to go to the hospital or something, then, join AA and all of this. Severe alcoholics can have very harsh problems, DTs and so on.

So, Kavanaugh sounded like he is saying something like getting so drunk, you fall asleep, something like this. I can relate to that somewhat, your head is swirling, yet, alcoholism really is not the issue here.

Online GtHawk

• I don't believe in Trump anymore, he's an illusion
Re: WATCH LIVE: Kavanaugh rebuts Blasey Ford in testimony to Judiciary Committee
« Reply #10 on: September 28, 2018, 04:05:27 pm »
I am stunned!  She said that lie detector test was administered on the day of her grandmothers funeral???  Who would do that??????????????!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  This is a sham.  Everyone knows that a lie detector test measures emotions.  It is probable that she was very emotional on that day.

She may believe that she was assaulted and maybe she even was?  I don't know but there is no collaborating evidence against Brett Kavanaugh.  Surely the lie detector was a sham.  I doubt that any professional would administer a test to someone coming from a funeral of their grandmother.  Furthermore she testified they came to her hotel room?  In between flights (fear of flying)?

Since lie detectors have been used in this testimony they should administer one to Brett Kavanagh and get this sham over.
Exactly where is a lie detector test actually accepted as evidence?

Offline Applewood

Re: WATCH LIVE: Kavanaugh rebuts Blasey Ford in testimony to Judiciary Committee
« Reply #11 on: September 28, 2018, 04:30:42 pm »
When I was a young puppy, I drank as did all of my friends.  But I could not hold my liquor.  One or 2 drinks was my limit, and then I would doze off or even rest my head on the bar or table.   But that was sleep.  When it was time to leave, someone would nudge me, I'd wake up and I was alert and aware.   I remembered everything the next day. The only time I really passed out was when, at a New Years party and after a beer or two, someone gave me a Tequila Sunrise.    Next thing I remembered after that was waking up the next day in my own bed.  To this day I don't know how I got home or what I might have done after that drink, and none of my friends who were there remember either. 

I'm posting this to confirm that there is a big difference between falling asleep and passing out.

Offline Emjay

• Womp, womp
« Reply #12 on: September 28, 2018, 04:40:43 pm »
There should be a thorough investigation as to who is behind all this MeToo nonsense.  I'm reasonably sure it's some person or entity with deep pockets. And it's not just Democrats.

I agree but we both know it will never happen.
Against stupidity, the Gods themselves contend in vain.