Author Topic: LIVE THREAD>>>Judicial Hearing  (Read 74348 times)

Offline TomSea

• All deserve a trial if accused
Re: LIVE THREAD>>>Judicial Hearing
« Reply #1125 on: September 28, 2018, 02:25:19 am »
Bold added.  I think it would serve the country well if that ends up the takeaway from all this.  Conservative or Republican or whatever you want to call it messaging really must include the fact that the left is so desirous of power that there is NO low that they will not stoop to to achieve it.  Killing babies, confiscating your wealth, your guns, your dignity are the things we know they want to use their power for - what else might they want to do that makes this loathsome display we saw today make sense?  It's kinda frightening to contemplate.

Well said.

Online DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
« Reply #1126 on: September 28, 2018, 02:27:55 am »
Breaking:  per Clarice Feldman on FB

There are emails that exist where Ford admits this is all nonsense.

More importantly or shocking.... There is a 'Gorsuch Letter' that is freaking her (Ford) out.

http://mobile.twitter.com/_ImperatorRex_/status/1045101030684446720?p=v
« Last Edit: September 28, 2018, 02:30:19 am by DCPatriot »
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Offline musiclady

« Reply #1127 on: September 28, 2018, 02:55:01 am »
It's been a long day and my fingers are numb..

Thanks all for a great thread and for your participation.. :kisses2:

Thank you, my friend!

This is as angry as I have been in a long, long, long time.
Character still matters.  It always matters.

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Use the time God is giving us to seek His will and feel His presence.

Offline AllThatJazzZ

• Adopt your next pet, preferably a senior.
« Reply #1128 on: September 28, 2018, 02:55:50 am »
It's been a long day and my fingers are numb..

Thanks all for a great thread and for your participation.. :kisses2:

@mystery-ak  Thank you for keeping us updated on the various Twitter responses. You're quite the multi-tasker! 

A government big enough to give you everything you want
is a government big enough to take away everything you have.

Online DCPatriot

« Reply #1129 on: September 28, 2018, 03:11:10 am »
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Online DCPatriot

« Reply #1130 on: September 28, 2018, 03:14:59 am »
Alex Bensky
September 24 at 12:53 PM

David Horowitz quotes a Lenin-era Chekist:

""We are not looking for evidence or witnesses to reveal deeds or words against the Soviet power? The first question we ask is: to what class does he belong, what are his origins, upbringing, education or profession? These questions define the fate of the accused."

In other words, the truth of an accusation and the punishment meted out to the accused are not dependant on the actual truth or falsity of the statement but on who says it. Some people simply by virtue of their status as members of certain groups make unassailable statements that must be treated as true and the status of the accused is the determinant of his fate.

Senator Hirono, for example, says Kavanaugh must be guilty because he's a conservative jurist. What's the difference and why would it be unfair to say the impulse is basically totalitarian?

Online DCPatriot

« Reply #1131 on: September 28, 2018, 03:23:05 am »
https://www.facebook.com/JeffHead/posts/10156087791889069

Jeff Head gives his two cents....    happy77

Online DCPatriot

« Reply #1132 on: September 28, 2018, 03:25:37 am »

Offline musiclady

« Reply #1133 on: September 28, 2018, 03:25:53 am »
Breaking:  per Clarice Feldman on FB

There are emails that exist where Ford admits this is all nonsense.

More importantly or shocking.... There is a 'Gorsuch Letter' that is freaking her (Ford) out.

http://mobile.twitter.com/_ImperatorRex_/status/1045101030684446720?p=v

Can't wait to hear more about this!
Character still matters.  It always matters.

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Use the time God is giving us to seek His will and feel His presence.

Offline edpc

• Professional Misanthrope - Briefer and Boxer
« Reply #1134 on: September 28, 2018, 03:34:58 am »
I know the history <nope>.  Probably far better than you do.

Then there’s no excuse for <NOPE> over it.
« Last Edit: September 28, 2018, 03:37:17 am by Mod2 »
I disagree.  Circle gets the square.

Online DCPatriot

« Reply #1135 on: September 28, 2018, 03:38:20 am »

Then there’s no excuse for <NOPE> over it.

@edpc

Sometimes I know it's time for me to go to bed when your avatar appears to be an animated GIF.      happy77 
« Last Edit: September 28, 2018, 03:39:57 am by Mod2 »

Offline catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
« Reply #1136 on: September 28, 2018, 03:40:09 am »
Can't wait to hear more about this!

Whew.....  I am back.   Still mentally tired after going through this roller coaster of a historical day.

I am cautiously optimistic that today is a turning point and Kav showed the entire GOP/and all conservatives that its worth fighting for for what is right and just.   

I am proud of our side today. :patriot:
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Online DCPatriot

« Reply #1137 on: September 28, 2018, 03:54:03 am »
http://townhall.com/tipsheet/mattvespa/2018/09/27/breaking-we-have-the-votes-n2523402

BREAKING: We Have The Votes

With the Senate Judiciary Committee holding a vote at 9:30 A.M. tomorrow, a Senate insider has told Townhall that Kavanaugh has the votes to make it out of committee and the votes to be confirmed on the floor for a seat on the U.S. Supreme Court. Sens. Flake (R-AZ), Collins (R-ME), Murkowski (R-AK), and Manchin (D-WV) are expected to vote in favor of Kavanaugh. All the Republicans are voting yes. Also, in the rumor mill, several Democrats may break ranks and back Kavanaugh. That’s the ball game, folks.

It was an intense and hellacious day at the Senate Judiciary Committee. Christine Blasey Ford, the woman accusing Judge Brett Kavanaugh of an attempted rape while at a high school party, told her story of her alleged sexual assault. It was intense. It was emotional. And it still lacked evidence, witnesses, and other corroborating details. It’s an unprovable allegation, which is what Democrats want; it allows them to delay and run out the clock on this nomination. The FBI investigation talking point has been beaten to death by Senate Democrats, another delay tactic that has been undercut by past remarks by none other than Joe Biden. When he chaired the committee during the Clarence Thomas confirmation hearings, Biden famously said that FBI reports are inconclusive and should not be relied on during sexual misconduct allegations.

more at link above

Offline Applewood

« Reply #1138 on: September 28, 2018, 03:56:45 am »
My Republican senator said he will vote for Kavanaugh.  The idiot Dem Senator, on the other hand will vote the way his party tells him to.

(SIGH)

Online DCPatriot

« Reply #1139 on: September 28, 2018, 03:59:35 am »

I visited that Safeway a few times back then....it was the year my daughter was born and the year the Air Florida jet crashed into the 14th St bridge and into the icy Potomac....Stedwick diving in to save that women going under....1982

Offline Frank Cannon

« Reply #1140 on: September 28, 2018, 04:02:42 am »
My Republican senator said he will vote for Kavanaugh.  The idiot Dem Senator, on the other hand will vote the way his party tells him to.

(SIGH)

Don't worry. Casey's assistant might forget to keep telling that moron to keep breathing in and out to stay alive and he won't make the vote.

Offline edpc

• Professional Misanthrope - Briefer and Boxer
« Reply #1141 on: September 28, 2018, 04:10:06 am »
@edpc

Sometimes I know it's time for me to go to bed when your avatar appears to be an animated GIF.      happy77

Then Chris ‘Sailor Moon’ Jansing on MSNBC must make you bedridden.  She’s human anime.    :laugh:
I disagree.  Circle gets the square.

Online DCPatriot

« Reply #1142 on: September 28, 2018, 04:24:30 am »

Then Chris ‘Sailor Moon’ Jansing on MSNBC must make you bedridden.  She’s human anime.    :laugh:

LOL!  No seriously....your head begins to kind of float...the leaves make the shadow move on the face giving it motion.

I DO need an upgrade on my lenses.   

Offline truth_seeker

• Common Sense Results Oriented Conservative Veteran
« Reply #1143 on: September 28, 2018, 04:55:42 am »
https://www.facebook.com/JeffHead/posts/10156087791889069

Jeff Head gives his two cents....    happy77
Jeff Head is a fine, impressive man in his own right. His summary is excellent.

"God must love the common man, he made so many of them.�  Abe Lincoln

Online DCPatriot

« Reply #1144 on: September 28, 2018, 08:12:05 am »
Jeff Head is a fine, impressive man in his own right. His summary is excellent.

:beer:

Offline aligncare

« Reply #1145 on: September 28, 2018, 10:08:29 am »
With a 2009 sign up and only 15 posts @Jeff Head appears to be a nonparticipating member of TBR. I wonder why he stopped posting here?

Online Right_in_Virginia

« Reply #1146 on: September 28, 2018, 12:31:28 pm »

Online Right_in_Virginia

« Reply #1147 on: September 28, 2018, 12:33:50 pm »
Wired Sources

‏ @WiredSources 8h8 hours ago

JUST IN: President George W. Bush has called several moderate Republican senators, red-state Democrats to whip votes for Kavanaugh, a total surprising move for the former President who spent the past years trying to please his new friends in the mainstream media - WaPo

Offline aligncare

« Reply #1148 on: September 28, 2018, 12:59:14 pm »
Wired Sources

‏ @WiredSources 8h8 hours ago

JUST IN: President George W. Bush has called several moderate Republican senators, red-state Democrats to whip votes for Kavanaugh, a total surprising move for the former President who spent the past years trying to please his new friends in the mainstream media - WaPo

Thank Obama for starting this trend of ex-presidential activism as Obama has gone on to try to reconstruct his legacy – his mishandling the presidency – while openly criticizing the present administration.

Talk about unpresidential.

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
« Reply #1149 on: September 28, 2018, 01:20:23 pm »
I'm sorry to say...I didn't believe either of them.

But that may have been the plan???

@berdie

Really?  Why?
The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Here lies in honored glory an American soldier, known but to God

THE ESTABLISHMENT IS THE PROBLEM...NOT THE SOLUTION

Republicans Don't Need A Back Bench...They Need a BACKBONE!