Author Topic: LIVE THREAD>>>Judicial Hearing  (Read 74337 times)

Online Polly Ticks

Re: LIVE THREAD>>>Judicial Hearing
« Reply #925 on: September 27, 2018, 10:00:14 pm »
That effing Blumenthal just asked Kav if he believed Anita Hill!!!

Right?!  My eyes rolled so far back in my head that I saw the indelible memories written in my Hippocampus.
Love is the most important thing in the world, but baseball is pretty good, too. -Yogi Berra

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
« Reply #926 on: September 27, 2018, 10:00:17 pm »

Dan Bongino
‏Verified account @dbongino

I’ve never been more disgusted in my life. The cavalier attitude by which corrupted political actors destroy the lives of anyone crossing their politically ambitious paths has hit home for me while watching Kavanaugh. I only take solace in the comfort that there’s an Afterlife.
3:48 PM - 27 Sep 2018
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
« Reply #927 on: September 27, 2018, 10:00:58 pm »

Tom Cotton
‏Verified account @TomCottonAR

.@SenBlumenthal lied for years about serving in Vietnam, which is all you need to know about his courage & honesty. Maybe he should reconsider before questioning Judge Kavanaugh’s credibility.
5:53 PM - 27 Sep 2018

Stolen Valor
Support the USO

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”

Offline LauraTXNM

• Well-behaved women seldom make history.
« Reply #928 on: September 27, 2018, 10:01:17 pm »

After his impeachment.

So it seems like it's all been downhill since then?
Micah 6:8  "...what doth the LORD require of thee, but to do justly, and to love mercy, and to walk humbly with thy God?"

Disclaimer: I am a liberal, progressive, feminist, here because I like talking to you all.  We're all this together.

Online Ghost Bear

• Not an actual picture of me
« Reply #929 on: September 27, 2018, 10:01:19 pm »

See reply #892

So you blame the Dem's treatment of Bork on Trump too, then? Got it.  *****rollingeyes*****
Let it burn.

Offline AllThatJazzZ

• Adopt your next pet, preferably a senior.
« Reply #930 on: September 27, 2018, 10:01:57 pm »
Blumenthal: "False in one thing, false in all things." Really, Senator?

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2010/05/18/AR2010051802208.html

Senate hopeful Richard Blumenthal addresses report he lied about Vietnam record
By Ben Pershing
Wednesday, May 19, 2010

Connecticut Attorney General Richard Blumenthal (D) was alternately apologetic and defiant Tuesday as he battled to deflect a potentially devastating blow to his Senate campaign: an accusation that he had exaggerated his military service record....

A government big enough to give you everything you want
is a government big enough to take away everything you have.

Offline austingirl

• Cruz 2016- a Constitutional Conservative at last!
« Reply #931 on: September 27, 2018, 10:02:17 pm »
Right?!  My eyes rolled so far back in my head that I saw the indelible memories written in my Hippocampus.

888high58888
Principles matter. Words matter.

Offline kevindavis007

« Reply #932 on: September 27, 2018, 10:03:00 pm »

That is how I see it.
Join The Reagan Caucus: https://reagancaucus.org/ and the Eisenhower Caucus: https://EisenhowerCaucus.org

Offline endicom

« Reply #933 on: September 27, 2018, 10:03:19 pm »
Dan Bongino
18m18 minutes ago

The Hill Democrats were not ready for the storm that came their way. They’re used to people succumbing to their pressure tactics and slinking away. Kavanaugh & Graham stunned them. They’re not ready for the storm.

Too true. Wimpublicans can't seem to learn this lesson.

Offline AllThatJazzZ

• Adopt your next pet, preferably a senior.
« Reply #934 on: September 27, 2018, 10:03:39 pm »

:silly:

A government big enough to give you everything you want
is a government big enough to take away everything you have.

BassWrangler

« Reply #935 on: September 27, 2018, 10:03:43 pm »
Am at work, so can't stay long, but I just wanted to drop in and say how pleased I was with Senator Lindsay Graham's speech. It's about time someone on the Republican side of the Senate publicly called these Democrats on their disgraceful behavior.

And as an aside, I'm tired of hearing Republican Senators referring to the Dems as their "friends". They aren't your friends.

Offline LauraTXNM

• Well-behaved women seldom make history.
« Reply #936 on: September 27, 2018, 10:04:20 pm »
Sean Davis
‏Verified account @seanmdav
59s59 seconds ago

I've never seen anything like this. And I say that having personally elicited an epic Senate floor rant from Ted "The Hulk" Stevens. Graham's speech was spectacular, truthful, and much needed.

@mystery-ak  What did you do to Ted Stevens???  LOL. Edit:  oops, just saw this was a tweet.  Never mind ;)
« Last Edit: September 27, 2018, 10:06:54 pm by LauraTXNM »
Micah 6:8  "...what doth the LORD require of thee, but to do justly, and to love mercy, and to walk humbly with thy God?"

Disclaimer: I am a liberal, progressive, feminist, here because I like talking to you all.  We're all this together.

Offline Jazzhead

• Blue lives matter
« Reply #937 on: September 27, 2018, 10:05:31 pm »
Dan Bongino
49m49 minutes ago

Senator Whitehorse wants details on high school farting games. Dear America, this is the real Democrat Party. Disgraceful.

The World's Greatest Deliberative Body, hard at work.
It's crackers to slip a rozzer the dropsy in snide

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
« Reply #938 on: September 27, 2018, 10:05:34 pm »

After his impeachment.

Actually where judges are concerned it goes back to Reagan and the way they treated Judge Bork.  Then they really ramped it up with Justice Thomas...and every Justice nominated by a Republican since.
The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Here lies in honored glory an American soldier, known but to God

THE ESTABLISHMENT IS THE PROBLEM...NOT THE SOLUTION

Republicans Don't Need A Back Bench...They Need a BACKBONE!

Online Sighlass

• Didn't vote for McCain Dole Romney Trump !
« Reply #939 on: September 27, 2018, 10:06:08 pm »
Judge Moore was removed from his own office on the Alabama Supreme Court itself (or however that procedure works) 2 times. This is hardly impeccable service as one said the other day.

Odd, if one's job is to protect the laws/constitution of the state and that runs one against the liberal establishment to the point of being wrongfully removed from office. How does that tarnish one's service. He was elected to do a job, it cost him his job, but what job he did was impeccable to everyone except liberals who wanted a lacky.

Not one real conservative had a problem with Moore's job performance. Dear Tom, It was impeccable, and even some liberal lawyers agreed. The last time Roy was removed from office even the liberal NY Times agreed with him that the liberal judge on gay marriage didn't have the authority to make her rulling state wide.

Quote from: NYsLimes
Roy Moore is right that on its face, Granade’s order doesn’t require state probate judges all over Alabama — who weren’t named in the case Granade heard — to issue marriage licenses. Granade merely instructed Alabama’s attorney general not to enforce the state’s same-sex-marriage ban. That means a probate judge could go along with her decision

https://www.nytimes.com/2015/02/11/magazine/in-sort-of-defense-of-roy-moore.html

That is even ignoring the issue is a 10th amendment issue (state) instead of a broad reading of the 14th.

Roy gets removed because they know his objections are solid, and they don't want it to get to court, so they remove him (last time it wasn't even a correct removal, that required an unanimous vote which they didn't get) before he has a chance to challenge their rulings on constitutional ground. 

Quote from: TomSea
or however that procedure works

The canon group that has the power to judge judges is an interesting political creature in itself. It basically appoints people it wants to judge judges. Given the gene pool is mostly liberal lawyers, it gets packed with liberals and thus is not a true representation of the general public. Now the governor gets to appoint ONE member in the group, at least when you have a conservative governor you get ONE sane voice in the procedures. But all in all, judges know they have to do a dog and pony show for liberals if they want to keep their jobs. Roy has twice found this out, been removed from office twice now both times before he had the chance to prove in court his rulings were constitutional.

@TomSea
« Last Edit: September 27, 2018, 10:23:32 pm by Sighlass »
Exodus 18:21 Furthermore, you shall select out of all the people able men who fear God, men of truth, those who hate dishonest gain; and you shall place these over them as leaders over ....

Offline Frank Cannon

« Reply #940 on: September 27, 2018, 10:06:48 pm »
Serious question for you all.  I was a kid during the Reagan-Bush years, in a Republican (maybe Rockefeller?) family, and I thought based on my parents' commentary there was still some bipartisanship in Congress.  Did things start getting really nasty during the Clinton years?

No. It started 5 minutes after the Twin Towers went down when lying creeps blamed Bush for it.
« Last Edit: September 28, 2018, 01:07:35 am by Mod2 »

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
« Reply #941 on: September 27, 2018, 10:06:51 pm »

Caleb Hull
‏Verified account @CalebJHull

Heartless people just doxxed Orrin Hatch while he was speaking and his poor wife has been receiving calls nonstop ON HER BIRTHDAY and their home address was made public.

This is how low they will go. Absolutely disgusting.
Support the USO

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
« Reply #942 on: September 27, 2018, 10:08:06 pm »

Roger Simon
‏ @rogerlsimon
51m51 minutes ago

Lindsey Graham now owns the #KavanaughConfirmationHearing.  Kavanaugh has been very good, but Graham changed the ballgame.
66 replies 524 retweets 1,936 likes
Support the USO

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
« Reply #943 on: September 27, 2018, 10:08:41 pm »

There wasn’t really as much bipartisan ship as people want to believe even back in the 80’s. The only reason it’s more noticible now is because there’s more media outlets covering what happens.
The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Here lies in honored glory an American soldier, known but to God

THE ESTABLISHMENT IS THE PROBLEM...NOT THE SOLUTION

Republicans Don't Need A Back Bench...They Need a BACKBONE!

debrawiest

« Reply #944 on: September 27, 2018, 10:09:11 pm »
Roger Simon
‏ @rogerlsimon
51m51 minutes ago

Lindsey Graham now owns the #KavanaughConfirmationHearing.  Kavanaugh has been very good, but Graham changed the ballgame.
66 replies 524 retweets 1,936 likes

McCain must be rolling over in his grave.

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
« Reply #945 on: September 27, 2018, 10:10:05 pm »

Rosie Fights for Kavanaugh
‏ @almostjingo
22m22 minutes ago

Never forget when @SenWhitehouse's monster son, drove drunk after slamming 4 beers and 3 shots of GIN in less than two hours with his friend who had weed. Ask your son about quarters Sheldon. Ask your son about his yearbook.
Support the USO

Offline Frank Cannon

« Reply #946 on: September 27, 2018, 10:10:15 pm »
Sen Whore-ono is easily one of the stupidest people I have ever seen. How can someone as brain damaged at that be running any part of this country?

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
« Reply #947 on: September 27, 2018, 10:10:23 pm »

Josh Dawsey
‏Verified account @jdawsey1
7m7 minutes ago

White House is standing by Kavanaugh, and Trump is pleased with his testimony. Two WH officials say to expect formal support after hearing ends.
Support the USO

Offline Jazzhead

• Blue lives matter
« Reply #948 on: September 27, 2018, 10:10:39 pm »
Sen Dianne Feinstein
‏Verified account @SenFeinstein

Millions of Americans are watching a victim of sexual assault be cross examined while Republicans have refused to call the individual she places in the room with Brett Kavanaugh. Dr. Blasey Ford's courage in the face of this treatment is remarkable.
2:01 PM - 27 Sep 2018

Millions of Americans are watching the ranking Democratic member of the Judiciary Committee debase the Senate in her zeal to destroy the reputation of an honest man.   
It's crackers to slip a rozzer the dropsy in snide

Offline austingirl

• Cruz 2016- a Constitutional Conservative at last!
« Reply #949 on: September 27, 2018, 10:10:44 pm »
Hirono on the attack. Praises Ford. Attacks Kav saying he is not entitled to be on the SC.
Principles matter. Words matter.