Author Topic: Fed raises interest rates, flags end of the stimulus era  (Read 850 times)

Offline jmyrlefuller

• J. Myrle Fuller
  • Cat Mod
  • Realistic nihilist
    • Fullervision
Fed raises interest rates, flags end of the stimulus era
« on: September 26, 2018, 06:47:56 pm »
https://www.msn.com/en-us/money/markets/fed-raises-interest-rates-flags-end-of-the-stimulus-era/ar-AAAGmST?ocid=spartandhp

by Howard Schneider and Jason Lange
September 26, 2018

Fed policymakers lifted the benchmark overnight lending rate by a quarter of a percentage point to a range of 2.00 percent to 2.25 percent. It still foresees another rate hike in December, three more next year, and one increase in 2020. That would put the U.S. central bank's benchmark overnight lending rate at 3.4 percent, roughly half a percentage point above its estimated "neutral" rate of interest, at which rates neither stimulate nor restrict the economy.

(excerpt)
New profile picture in honor of Public Domain Day 2024

Online catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
Re: Fed raises interest rates, flags end of the stimulus era
« Reply #1 on: September 26, 2018, 07:09:46 pm »

Fed policymakers lifted the benchmark overnight lending rate by a quarter of a percentage point to a range of 2.00 percent to 2.25 percent.

(excerpt)
[/quote]

Seems like forever since we have been able to get good rates on bonds.   Three smiles for me.  happy77 happy77 happy77
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.