Author Topic: Grassley to Feinstein: We won't delay Kavanaugh hearing  (Read 219 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Grassley to Feinstein: We won't delay Kavanaugh hearing
« on: September 25, 2018, 11:49:15 pm »
Grassley to Feinstein: We won't delay Kavanaugh hearing
By Jordain Carney - 09/25/18 07:21 PM EDT

Sen. Chuck Grassley (R-Iowa) is rejecting a request from Democrats to delay a Thursday hearing where Supreme Court nominee Brett Kavanaugh and Christine Blasey Ford are set to testify.

Grassley sent a letter to Sen. Dianne Feinstein (D-Calif.), the top Democrat on the committee, saying he would "respectfully decline" her request to postpone until the White House ordered an investigation into two sexual misconduct allegations against Kavanaugh.

"I respectfully decline your request. I am not going to silence Dr. Ford after I promised and assured her that I would provide her a safe, comfortable, and dignified opportunity to testify," Grassley wrote in the letter.

The letter was sent on Tuesday and publicly released just minutes after Grassley's office announced it had scheduled a Friday committee vote on Kavanaugh's nomination.

Grassley added in his letter to Feinstein that there was "no reason" for delay the hearing, after lawyers for Ford, one of Kavanaugh's accusers, agreed to the Thursday date after days of negotiations.

He added delaying a hearing would be "unfair" to Kavanaugh, who has repeatedly said he is willing to publicly testify in order to clear his name.

more
https://thehill.com/homenews/senate/408412-grassley-to-feinstein-we-wont-delay-kavanaugh-hearing
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34