Author Topic: Murkowski: FBI investigation into Kavanaugh would ‘clear up all the questions’  (Read 2420 times)

Offline dfwgator

Avenatti being trolled is the final straw, and the Rats know the jig is up.    The credibility is completely gone now.

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
Title of article (and no, I didn't bother to read it):
"Murkowski: FBI investigation into Kavanaugh would ‘clear up all the questions’"

What a dolt.

One more reason (that quakky gal senator from Hawaii is another) why once again, I assert that women should never be permitted to hold any position of political power, none at all.

There have been a few notable exceptions in human history, but by and large, they were notable aberrations that prove the rule.

Sorry, ladies of the forum.
That's my opinion and I ain't changin' it.
You can call me anything you wish, so give it your best shot.
I couldn't care less!

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
Bigun wonders:
"How do you undo a lynching?  Even if you stop it at the last moment the rope burns are forever there."

By spending the next 30 years on the High Court ruling against them with a vengeance.

THAT'S how you "undo" it.

A day or two ago someone said a recess appointment would be the wrong way to go here.

I say, exactly the opposite.

Without Murkowski and Collins (who could possibly "take Flake with them"), Kavanaugh loses.

But... hang on for minute. Stick with me here.
What if the Senate just postponed the vote for now?
Get their business done and adjourned as quickly as McConnell could get that taken care of?

And then... from out of nowhere --- BANG! --- Mr. Trump recess-appoints Kavanaugh to the Court.

It's completely Constitutional.
Nothing could be done to stop it.
Not even by the democrat-communists.

I believe most forum members believe (as do I) that the Pubbies will pick up 2 or 3 (or more) Senate seats in the midterms.

That means that when the Senate re-convenes in January, their majority will be up to 53, 54, maybe even 55. Flake and Corker will be gone. And we won't need the votes of Murkowski or Collins any more.

One of the first orders of Senate business can be the vote to confirm Kavanaugh to a lifetime appointment. If Mitch the turtle wants that now, it shouldn't be too difficult for him to arrange in January.

Can't anybody here play this game?
« Last Edit: September 26, 2018, 01:54:47 am by Fishrrman »

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
@Fishrrman  The Rats are creating their own nightmare.  Clarence Thomas hasn't wavered one iota from his original views, even though it seems most Justices drift left over time.  Kav may have had the potential to go left, but the Rats are doing a good teaching job him to stay right.  I think the Rats have figured this out, and they're horrified.

First rule of killing a King applies.
« Last Edit: September 26, 2018, 02:13:18 am by Cyber Liberty »
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline WarmPotato

• TheWarmPotato
  • Follow WarmPotato on YTB
    • My Youtube Channel
This is a witch hunt, plain and simple
Check out my youtube Channel!

https://youtu.be/b6E3JS3Dmaw

Offline IsailedawayfromFR

Title of article (and no, I didn't bother to read it):
"Murkowski: FBI investigation into Kavanaugh would ‘clear up all the questions’"

What a dolt.

One more reason (that quakky gal senator from Hawaii is another) why once again, I assert that women should never be permitted to hold any position of political power, none at all.

There have been a few notable exceptions in human history, but by and large, they were notable aberrations that prove the rule.

Sorry, ladies of the forum.
That's my opinion and I ain't changin' it.
You can call me anything you wish, so give it your best shot.
I couldn't care less!
I agree with those sentiments.

The emotional nature of women, with very few exceptions(Maggie Thatcher comes to mind) invariably cause women to act in less than conservative ways.

No politicians or judges should be women, with few exceptions.
No punishment, in my opinion, is too great, for the man who can build his greatness upon his country's ruin~  George Washington

Offline Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline skeeter

The emotional nature of women, with very few exceptions(Maggie Thatcher comes to mind) invariably cause women to act in less than conservative ways.

But I'm sure you'd agree that those who are conservative are damn good allies to have. They go for the throat and are wonderfully vicious, in a good way. I love em.

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member

Good job. You took a massively stupid statement and doubled down on it. 

Offline DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!

What's so "stupid" about it?

Obviously you've never seen that Star-Trek episode where the planet was governed by leggy women in short white togas?    :laugh:
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
What's so "stupid" about it?

Obviously you've never seen that Star-Trek episode where the planet was governed by leggy women in short white togas?    :laugh:

Oh, now I get it.  They are basing their opinions on Star Trek.  The original one, not the remakes.   :laugh:

Online Polly Ticks

I thought identity politics were the bastion of the Democrats.
Love is the most important thing in the world, but baseball is pretty good, too. -Yogi Berra

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
I thought identity politics were the bastion of the Democrats.

It's different now... /s
The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Here lies in honored glory an American soldier, known but to God

THE ESTABLISHMENT IS THE PROBLEM...NOT THE SOLUTION

Republicans Don't Need A Back Bench...They Need a BACKBONE!

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
If we plant the rumor Kavanaugh drank with Beto, the press and the Dems will stfu about this non-story
The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Here lies in honored glory an American soldier, known but to God

THE ESTABLISHMENT IS THE PROBLEM...NOT THE SOLUTION

Republicans Don't Need A Back Bench...They Need a BACKBONE!

Offline TomSea

• All deserve a trial if accused
A lot of people including myself are supporting Kavanaugh, we have to.

But I got a letter this morning saying we are supporting him but the guy is still, certainly a product of being from inside the beltway elitist it seems to me.

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
A lot of people including myself are supporting Kavanaugh, we have to.

But I got a letter this morning saying we are supporting him but the guy is still, certainly a product of being from inside the beltway elitist it seems to me.

The guy is still what?

Online Maj. Bill Martin

• I'll make Mincemeat out of 'em"
The guy is still what?

Never mind, he's on a roll.  To where...I have no idea.

Offline austingirl

• Cruz 2016- a Constitutional Conservative at last!
I bet an investigation into Murkowski would answer a lot of questions, too.
Principles matter. Words matter.

Ok, how many conservative women have you seen elected to the US Senate?

52 have been elected so far.

And why have there not been more?
No punishment, in my opinion, is too great, for the man who can build his greatness upon his country's ruin~  George Washington

The only two currently are Fischer and Capito.

Like I said, with few exceptions, women are too liberal to serve as a conservative.

If you do not like conservatives, your best bet is to vote for the female.

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member

OK, here is what I was responding to:

I have to note that you are presenting an emotional, fact-free argument.

I also note that you have managed to insult every good, conservative woman on this board.

The reason that there are few conservative women in upper level politics is because: 1. there are fewer women than men overall in upper level politics, 2. there have been fewer women in the pipeline, but that is changing quickly, 3. conservative women place more value on family values than do democrat women and tend to walk the talk, and 4. women, generally, are not as interested in those endeavors. 

None of the above factors imply that women who do decide to go into these fields do a lesser job than do the men who go into those fields. 

Offline LauraTXNM

• Well-behaved women seldom make history.
@Sanguine  Brava!  You and the other rational reasoned conservative women here demonstrate the ridiculousness of that argument.

:thumbsup:
Micah 6:8  "...what doth the LORD require of thee, but to do justly, and to love mercy, and to walk humbly with thy God?"

Disclaimer: I am a liberal, progressive, feminist, here because I like talking to you all.  We're all this together.

OK, here is what I was responding to:

I have to note that you are presenting an emotional, fact-free argument.
Not an argument, but a fact that there are few conservative women in the Senate, ever.  And the Supreme Court has had zero, although SDOC started out sorta conservative she drifted substantially away from conservatism.  NO matter what you say about few women being in "upper politics", it is still a fact that women who do get there infrequently conservative.

I also note that you have managed to insult every good, conservative woman on this board.
How so?  I never attacked anybody on this board.  I addressed women who get into political office, and made that with exceptions.  I believe that response is proving my point on the emotional character I had made.

The reason that there are few conservative women in upper level politics is because: 1. there are fewer women than men overall in upper level politics,
but it is irrefutable that those women who do make it there are prone to be NOT conservative.  That is factual.  Check the ACU report card.

2. there have been fewer women in the pipeline, but that is changing quickly,
  Got any actual facts to back that one up?

3. conservative women place more value on family values than do democrat women and tend to walk the talk,
Of course they do and I am married to one, but what has that got to do with anything we have discussed?
and 4. women, generally, are not as interested in those endeavors. 
I believe you mean conservative women.

None of the above factors imply that women who do decide to go into these fields do a lesser job than do the men who go into those fields.
no one ever said that.  Did I not mention Maggie Thatcher? I lived in the UK during her years as PM and I admired her to no end.  I look at all politicians, both men and women, with her as the model to follow.

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
Not an argument, but a fact that there are few conservative women in the Senate, ever.  And the Supreme Court has had zero, although SDOC started out sorta conservative she drifted substantially away from conservatism.  NO matter what you say about few women being in "upper politics", it is still a fact that women who do get there infrequently conservative.

How so?  I never attacked anybody on this board.  I addressed women who get into political office, and made that with exceptions.  I believe that response is proving my point on the emotional character I had made.
but it is irrefutable that those women who do make it there are prone to be NOT conservative.  That is factual.  Check the ACU report card.
  Got any actual facts to back that one up?
Of course they do and I am married to one, but what has that got to do with anything we have discussed?I believe you mean conservative women.
no one ever said that.  Did I not mention Maggie Thatcher? I lived in the UK during her years as PM and I admired her to no end.  I look at all politicians, both men and women, with her as the model to follow.

Whatever...