Author Topic: Report: Trump Thinks Grassley Badly Handling Kavanaugh Accuser’s Demands  (Read 423 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
24 Sep 2018

President Donald Trump is none too pleased with how Senate Judiciary Chairman Charles Grassley (R-IA) is handling demands made by attorneys for Christine Balsey Ford, the California psychology professor who is scheduled to testify Thursday about her decades-old sexual misconduct allegation against Supreme Court nominee Brett Kavanaugh, a new report says.

According to the Washington Post, President Trump believes Grassley has been “too accommodating” towards Ford, and he has grown tired of the professor’s legal team “getting their way” when it comes to setting the terms of their client’s testimony.

As Breitbart News reported, the chairman late Saturday evening granted yet another extension to Ford’s legal team to reply to a request that the accuser testify before lawmakers Wednesday. The following day, Ford’s legal team convinced members of Grassley’s staff to allow their client to appear before the panel on Thursday. The tentative agreement came after lawyers for Ford accused the Republicans of being “fundamentally inconsistent with the committee’s promise of a fair, impartial investigation into her allegations.” Earlier this month, Ford publically detailed her allegation to the Washington Post, accusing Kavanaugh, then in high school, of forcing her into a room and groping her at a house party around 1982.

The Post also reports that in the wake of allegations against Kavanaugh, President Trump believes, “Republicans are too easily manipulated by Democrats,” a view widely shared by his supporters, who see the likes of Sens. Mazie Hirono (D-HI) and Kirsten Gillibrand (D-NY) as bad faith actors attempting to derail the Supreme Court nominee’s confirmation for purely political purposes. Further, a Republican with knowledge of the president’s discussions on the matter says the White House “does not believe [Ford’s] accusations are credible.”

“In private talks, Trump has targeted Senate Majority Leader Mitch McConnell (R-KY) and Grassley for criticism, complaining that they have not been forceful enough in speeding up the process and have been too deferential to Ford’s attorneys, according to two people familiar with Trump’s concerns,” the Post reports.

more
https://www.breitbart.com/big-government/2018/09/24/report-trump-thinks-grassley-badly-handling-kavanaugh-accusers-demands/
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Online Maj. Bill Martin

• I'll make Mincemeat out of 'em"
Grassley and McConnell have to consider which course of action is most likely to secure the votes of Collins, Murkowski, Flake, Corker, etc..  The course of action most likely to do that isn't necessarily the same one that would be the most emotionally satisfying for many conservatives and the President.

Offline Emjay

• Womp, womp
Grassley and McConnell have to consider which course of action is most likely to secure the votes of Collins, Murkowski, Flake, Corker, etc..  The course of action most likely to do that isn't necessarily the same one that would be the most emotionally satisfying for many conservatives and the President.

Yeah, it's making me really sick but I don't fault Grassley.  He was in a tough spot.  He had to at least appear to accommodate the poor, abused woman.

But Thursday, it's gotta be over.
Against stupidity, the Gods themselves contend in vain.

Offline dfwgator

Yeah, it's making me really sick but I don't fault Grassley.  He was in a tough spot.  He had to at least appear to accommodate the poor, abused woman.

That's just it, there's nothing he could do to accommodate her that would satisfy them.  He is way too naïve.

Offline dfwgator

But Thursday, it's gotta be over.

I don't care how long it takes, and even if he's not confirmed.  This slime needs to be exposed.

Online Maj. Bill Martin

• I'll make Mincemeat out of 'em"
That's just it, there's nothing he could do to accommodate her that would satisfy them.  He is way too naïve.

We'll know by Thursday night whether or not it worked.

Offline libertybele

Personally, I think Kavanaugh is toast.  I don't think he's guilty, but he's been damaged.  Who will Trump pick next?  Mike Lee's name is now floating around.
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline truth_seeker

• Common Sense Results Oriented Conservative Veteran
Breitbart.com, "according to the Washington Post,"....here itheir interpretation of Trump's mind.

With this news, you are now as well informed as possible, based on your chosen news feed.

"God must love the common man, he made so many of them.�  Abe Lincoln

Offline Emjay

• Womp, womp
Personally, I think Kavanaugh is toast.  I don't think he's guilty, but he's been damaged.  Who will Trump pick next?  Mike Lee's name is now floating around.

Whoa... giving up way too soon.  Trump has indicated he is sticking with Brett and Brett has indicated he's not backing off.

Offline Emjay

• Womp, womp

If we let the democrats get away with this blatant ploy to defame an outstanding judge and man, we will never get another Supreme Court nominee confirmed.

It's time to stand our ground on this.

Online Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan

He's being lynched and regardless of the outcome, the rope burns will always be there!
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline Polly Ticks

Exactly right.  This is more of an optics battle than anything else, and they couldn't dismiss Ford's ridiculous claims out of hand without badly losing that battle.  I am also frustrated by the delays and the obvious ploys, but Grassley and McConnell are acting strategically rather than emotionally.
Love is the most important thing in the world, but baseball is pretty good, too. -Yogi Berra

Offline dfwgator

They are going to do the exact same thing to the next guy, and the next one..... If this shit doesn't stop NOW!

Offline bilo

Personally, I think Kavanaugh is toast. I don't think he's guilty, but he's been damaged.  Who will Trump pick next?  Mike Lee's name is now floating around.

If he's toast the Pubs will be toast.

Other than judges and temporary tax cuts what have the Pubs in Congress done to deserve being kept in office? obamacare is still on the books. The border is not secured. Immigration has not been reformed. So, if they can't confirmed a highly qualified individual what good are they?
A stranger in a hostile foreign land I used to call home

Offline dfwgator

Gee isn't it so much better that Doug Jones is now a Senator from Alabama than Roy Moore?