Author Topic: Ford's lawyer: Hearing doesn't appear to be designed for 'fair', 'respectful' treatment  (Read 791 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Ford's lawyer: Hearing doesn't appear to be designed for 'fair', 'respectful' treatment
By Jordain Carney - 09/24/18 10:27 PM EDT

A lawyer for Christina Blasey Ford—the woman accusing Supreme Court nominee Brett Kavanaugh of sexual assault—raised concerns on Monday about the setup for a public hearing where Ford will testify later this week.

Michael R. Bromwich, a lawyer for Ford, said in a letter to Sen. Chuck Grassley (R-Iowa), the chairman of the Judiciary Committee, that the plan for Thursday's public hearing "does not appear designed to provide Dr. Blasey Ford with fair and respectful treatment."

The letter casts some doubt on the deal Ford's team made with Senate Judiciary leaders to appear at a hearing on Thursday.

Bromwich in the letter pointed to the hiring of "an unnamed 'experienced sex crimes prosecutor,'" warning it could help turn the Judiciary Committee hearing into a "circus."

more
https://thehill.com/blogs/floor-action/senate/408212-fords-lawyer-hearing-doesnt-appear-to-be-designed-for-fair
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
...wait for it...it's coming....

Holds the vote!!
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
I'm convinced she can't testify.  She will not be able to answer questions truthfully under oath.  It ain't gonna happen. And, that's probably why the 2nd and possibly 3rd accusations have been launched.
« Last Edit: September 25, 2018, 03:18:25 am by Sanguine »

Offline cato potatoe

It's sad when an attorney pretends not to understand the concept of due process.  The lawyer associations would do themselves a favor in expelling this type from their ranks.  This is why people don't respect lawyers.

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
It's sad when an attorney pretends not to understand the concept of due process.  The lawyer associations would do themselves a favor in expelling this type from their ranks.  This is why people don't respect lawyers.

Progressivism/Post-modernism/leftism doesn't believe in rule of law, unless it accomplishes the goals.

Offline Frank Cannon

The Left shot the wad and came up snake eyes on this. Now they have to shoot a scattergun full of excuses into the air to see what will play for why these "Victims" all of a sudden can't testify.

Offline austingirl

• Cruz 2016- a Constitutional Conservative at last!
I have always doubted that Ford will actually testify under oath. Hope I'm right.
Principles matter. Words matter.

Offline Frank Cannon

I have always doubted that Ford will actually testify under oath. Hope I'm right.

There is no way she is. All her Soros funded mouthpieces are telegraphing that daily with their changing of the goalposts and narrative.

Offline Emjay

• Womp, womp
Ford's lawyer: Hearing doesn't appear to be designed for 'fair', 'respectful' treatment
By Jordain Carney - 09/24/18 10:27 PM EDT

A lawyer for Christina Blasey Ford—the woman accusing Supreme Court nominee Brett Kavanaugh of sexual assault—raised concerns on Monday about the setup for a public hearing where Ford will testify later this week.

Michael R. Bromwich, a lawyer for Ford, said in a letter to Sen. Chuck Grassley (R-Iowa), the chairman of the Judiciary Committee, that the plan for Thursday's public hearing "does not appear designed to provide Dr. Blasey Ford with fair and respectful treatment."

The letter casts some doubt on the deal Ford's team made with Senate Judiciary leaders to appear at a hearing on Thursday.

Bromwich in the letter pointed to the hiring of "an unnamed 'experienced sex crimes prosecutor,'" warning it could help turn the Judiciary Committee hearing into a "circus."

more
https://thehill.com/blogs/floor-action/senate/408212-fords-lawyer-hearing-doesnt-appear-to-be-designed-for-fair

And so it starts ....
Against stupidity, the Gods themselves contend in vain.

Offline TomSea

• All deserve a trial if accused
They are dancing around the issue, if the allegations are true and I was the one who made them, I'd be there pronto and wouldn't be griping about it.

Offline 240B

• Lord of all things Orange!
  • TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...
They are dancing around the issue, if the allegations are true and I was the one who made them, I'd be there pronto and wouldn't be griping about it.

The hearing is not about 'truth' or 'justice'. It is only about delaying the vote. Ford will not testify. There will be some last minute 'problem' of some kind and she will not be able to make it, or they will do some other delaying tactic. The Republicans are being played for fools with this.

The worst part of all of this is that Feinstein has proven beyond any doubt that many 'sexual assault' claims are politically motivated or they are charged for personal gain. Feinstein has made a mockery of claiming sexual assault for all women. I hope she is proud of herself for what she has done.

Claiming sexual assault at a high-school party that happened 36 years ago is just making fun of the whole thing. Now, every woman doing this will be looked at with suspicion. I can picture it already. Sexual Assault!? Yea sure, what in high-school? 40 years ago? Feinstein has made a joke of the entire #MeToo movement.
« Last Edit: September 25, 2018, 07:07:43 am by 240B »
You cannot "COEXIST" with people who want to kill you.
If they kill their own with no conscience, there is nothing to stop them from killing you.
Rational fear and anger at vicious murderous Islamic terrorists is the same as irrational antisemitism, according to the Leftists.

Online Right_in_Virginia

Online Right_in_Virginia

Online mountaineer

Giving this b-word a forum at all is better than she deserves and more than she's entitled to.  **nononono*
« Last Edit: September 25, 2018, 12:55:18 pm by mountaineer »
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline TomSea

• All deserve a trial if accused

Online Right_in_Virginia