Author Topic: DEVELOPING: McConnell Blasts Democrats From Senate Floor Over “Orchestrated Hit” – Says Kavanaugh WI  (Read 1054 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
DEVELOPING: McConnell Blasts Democrats From Senate Floor Over “Orchestrated Hit” – Says Kavanaugh WILL BE VOTED ON
Cristina Laila by Cristina Laila September 24, 2018

Senate Majority Leader Mitch McConnell (R-KY) blasted Democrats and their 11th hour “me too” ambush from the Senate floor Monday afternoon.

McConnell said the resistance has become a smear campaign aided and abetted by members of the U.S. Senate.

Senator McConnell also said that Kavanaugh will be voted on the Senate Floor–up or down on the Senate floor.

FOX News Shannon Bream reported: McConnell says: This is what the so-called resistance has become, a smear campaign plain and simple – aided and abetted by members of the United States Senate.

more
https://www.thegatewaypundit.com/2018/09/developing-mcconnell-blasts-democrats-from-senate-floor-over-orchestrated-hit-says-kavanaugh-will-be-voted-on/
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline endicom

MCCONNELL’S STAND [UPDATED WITH STATEMENT]
« Reply #2 on: September 24, 2018, 09:35:18 pm »
Power Line
Scott Johnson
Sept. 24, 2018

Majority Leader Mitch McConnell just addressed the Kavanaugh nomination on the floor of the Senate (video below). I believe he accurately called out the Democrats’ machinations as a calculated political hit. He concluded his statement with the announcement that the nomination will come to the floor of the Senate for a vote soon after the hearing announced for this Thursday (left unstated: with or without the recommendation of the Judiciary Committee). The statement lacked a reiteration of the confidence he expressed this past Friday that the nomination will be confirmed, but McConnell knows that the contest cannot be avoided.

More... https://www.powerlineblog.com/archives/2018/09/mcconnells-stand.php

Offline rustynail

Re: MCCONNELL’S STAND [UPDATED WITH STATEMENT]
« Reply #3 on: September 24, 2018, 09:39:38 pm »
"this Thursday".. A transgender 'man' carrying Kavanaugh's love child could show up by then.

Offline endicom

« Reply #4 on: September 24, 2018, 09:48:49 pm »
"this Thursday".. A transgender 'man' carrying Kavanaugh's love child could show up by then.

For now I'm pleased to see McConnell call out the Dems for what they've done. We need more Pubs coming out to say the same.

Offline skeeter

« Reply #5 on: September 24, 2018, 09:50:31 pm »
Photgraphic evidence of Kavanaugh wearing a scuba mask in a crowded public pool in 1974.

Online Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
« Reply #6 on: September 24, 2018, 10:04:42 pm »

For now I'm pleased to see McConnell call out the Dems for what they've done. We need more Pubs coming out to say the same.

:amen:
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Online Right_in_Virginia

Mitch McConnell DESTROYS Democrats' 'Choreographed Smear Campaign' Against Kavanaugh
Space Force News, Sep 24, 2018, US Senate/Mitch McConnell

! No longer available

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VjRGGVSYtyA

Online Right_in_Virginia

This is said in McConnell style ... but he hit all the points and they're part of the Senate record.

Online Right_in_Virginia

Donald J. Trump ‏ Verified account
@realDonaldTrump 18m18 minutes ago

Brett Kavanaugh and his wife, Ashley, will be interviewed tonight at 7pmE on @marthamaccallum @FoxNews. This is an outstanding family who must be treated fairly!

Online DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
This is said in McConnell style ... but he hit all the points and they're part of the Senate record.

Isn't there anyone in the GOP that can speak in public without putting you to sleep? :shrug:
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Online Right_in_Virginia

Isn't there anyone in the GOP that can speak in public without putting you to sleep? :shrug:

Yes, but he's busy at the UN taking care of international business today.   :smokin:

Offline dfwgator

Mitch McConnell couldn't destroy a fly.

Online Right_in_Virginia

LOL.  Hey!  This IS McConnell in destroy mode.   :laugh:

Offline endicom

« Reply #14 on: September 24, 2018, 11:55:08 pm »
Topics merged.

Offline kidd

« Reply #15 on: September 25, 2018, 12:04:35 am »
If McConnell is angry enough to voice a bold opinion like this, then the rest of the Senate Republicans must be positively seething.

They MUST all speak out in anger against this travesty.
Maybe then Jeff Flake will come to his senses.

All the women I know see right through this democrat tactic are concerned how their male children will be treated when they try to attain an important position in their future.

Offline kidd

Mitch McConnell has been an absolute star for installing conservative Federal judges.
He used the nuclear option against the democrats and got Gorsuch in. He has been installing conservatives to lower courts at a very rapid pace.

Give credit where it is due.

Offline Chosen Daughter

• For there is no respect of persons with God. Romans 10:12-13
  • Ephesians 6:13 Stand Firm in the face of evil
The women are psychiatrists and liberal social justice warriors that made these storied up.

In other words its all about abortion and gender identity politics
« Last Edit: September 25, 2018, 01:08:09 am by Chosen Daughter »
AG William Barr: "I'm recused from that matter because one of the law firms that represented Epstein long ago was a firm that I subsequently joined for a period of time."

Alexander Acosta Labor Secretary resigned under pressure concerning his "sweetheart deal" with Jeffrey Epstein.  He was under consideration for AG after Sessions was removed, but was forced to resign instead.

Offline bilo

Senator McConnell also said that Kavanaugh will be voted on the Senate Floor–up or down on the Senate floor.

Good! I would bet he knows he has the votes.

It's been pretty popular to say Grassley has done a good job, but has he really. He has given something like 4 extensions of his deadline to the loon making the stupid accusations. He could have brought this to a head last week. Instead, he's letting a crazy person dictate how a US Senate committee conducts itself. Grassley should have held to his original deadline and file ethics charges against Feinstein. This kind of garbage has to be stopped.
A stranger in a hostile foreign land I used to call home

rangerrebew

McConnell Rips Democrats To Pieces
« Reply #19 on: September 25, 2018, 01:07:23 pm »

McConnell Rips Democrats To Pieces
1 hour ago

Written by AFL

Senate Majority Leader Mitch McConnell: “Senate Democrats and their allies are trying to destroy a man’s personal and professional life on the basis of decades-old allegations that are unsubstantiated and uncorroborated.”

Kavanaugh has vehemently denied Ramirez’s allegations, as well as earlier claims by Ford.

Did McConnell finally find his backbone? Never did I think people like McConnell and Graham would grow a spine. Good job, McConnell, hold to it. Now, less talk and a lot more action.

https://eaglerising.com/62550/mcconnell-rips-democrats-to-pieces/

rangerrebew

Re: McConnell Rips Democrats To Pieces
« Reply #20 on: September 25, 2018, 01:08:48 pm »
It couldn't have been Benedict McConnell. It must have been a look-alike. :whistle:

Online Maj. Bill Martin

• I'll make Mincemeat out of 'em"
Re: McConnell Rips Democrats To Pieces
« Reply #21 on: September 25, 2018, 01:23:09 pm »
McConnell takes a lot of crap, much of it unfair.

Where McConnell "fails" is that he's unwilling to fight for symbolic victories that are defeats in practical terms.  He doesn't push for votes where he knows he would lose, even if some believe there may be a political advantage in making a stand on principle.  He cares about winning votes, and is careful to avoid alienating key swing voting Senators just to make those symbolic points.  So, though some wish he'd call out the Collins and Murkowskis of the Senate more frequently, he doesn't do it.  And he doesn't embarrass them because he still wants their votes on other critical issues.

But when he thinks the votes are there, he is willing to piss off the Democrats and ram those votes through.  He has done that consistently since Trump has been elected.  He's got a one vote margin, and hasn't shown the slightest hesitation in terms of maximizing that authority regardless of Democrat squawking.

Here...the GOP is in a fight that it still can win, so McConnell is coming out guns blazing to try to win that fight.  Good for him.  His practicality isn't as emotionally satisfying as a "give me liberty or give me death" approach, but for a legislator, that kind of practicality ends up paying dividends.

Offline endicom

Offline austingirl

• Cruz 2016- a Constitutional Conservative at last!
Now Ford's lawyers are pointing to Mitch's speech as why the hearing is not respectful, an excuse to weasel out of having their client testify.
Principles matter. Words matter.

Online Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
Now Ford's lawyers are pointing to Mitch's speech as why the hearing is not respectful, an excuse to weasel out of having their client testify.

They'll find a way to weasel out. Count on that!
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien