Author Topic: Kavanaugh accuser Ford to Grassley: 'My fear will not hold me back from testifying'  (Read 184 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Kavanaugh accuser Ford to Grassley: 'My fear will not hold me back from testifying'
By Brett Samuels - 09/24/18 03:22 PM EDT

The woman who accused Supreme Court justice nominee Brett Kavanaugh of sexually assaulting her said she plans to testify Thursday despite getting death threats.

"While I am frightened, please know, my fear will not hold me back from testifying and you will be provided with answers to all of your questions. I ask for fair and respectful treatment," Christine Blasey Ford wrote in a letter sent Saturday to Senate Judiciary Chairman Chuck Grassley (R-Iowa).

In the time since Ford wrote to Grassley, the two sides agreed that she would testify on Thursday.

Ford, who came forward earlier this month to allege Kavanaugh pinned her down and groped her at a high school party in the 1980s, explained in her letter that she was hesitant to share her story, but ultimately felt a "civic duty" to notify her congresswoman of the allegations as the judge was being considered for a Supreme Court nomination.

"I felt that this was something that a citizen couldn’t NOT do," Ford wrote. "I felt agony yet urgency and a civic duty to let it be known, in a confidential manner, prior to the nominee being selected."

Kavanaugh, who is also expected to testify Thursday, has denied the allegation.

DEVELOPING

https://thehill.com/homenews/senate/408139-ford-to-grassley-my-fear-will-not-hold-me-back-from-testifying
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
@mystery-ak

Did she agree to testify under oath? If she actually does that I will be astounded.
« Last Edit: September 24, 2018, 07:46:55 pm by Bigun »
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien