Author Topic: Burning It All Down  (Read 281 times)

Offline corbe

Burning It All Down
« on: September 24, 2018, 02:53:35 pm »
Burning It All Down

by Marc Giller
16 mins-edited

There are no rules and standards anymore.

When you write a lot of commentary on the passing political scene, you develop a certain amount of cynicism about the people who are running the country. You understand that so much of what happens in Washington is pure theater—the speeches, the hearings, the playing for the cameras—all designed to fire up the voting base and, most importantly, keep the campaign dollars flowing.

In other words, most everything you see and hear is bullshit. It means nothing at all, and to be honest I think that most of the time government officials, whether elected or appointed, don’t even believe the stuff that spews from their mouths. Implied in their deception, however, is the assumption that we the public are foolish enough to believe them—especially when we have a news media that seems dedicated to spreading the lies, so long as they come from liberal Democrats.

Even so, as many times as I’ve joked about this clown show, there are some things that go so far beyond the pale that they stir up a vicious anger that resides deep inside me—an anger reserved for the evil and the unjust, who should be ostracized from society rather than being allowed anywhere near its levers of power.

<..snip..>

https://www.themaven.net/theresurgent/contributors/burning-it-all-down-PSWh7bH5DEa3YYBhaOQf1A/
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Silver Pines

Re: Burning It All Down
« Reply #1 on: September 24, 2018, 03:08:51 pm »
Really good article, @corbe.  Thank you.

The author got right to the heart of it—-it’s all about abortion.

His impression of where we are now is right on target.  Our own Jacobin mob is in charge.

Offline skeeter

Re: Burning It All Down
« Reply #2 on: September 24, 2018, 03:19:38 pm »
Pray the rats finally jump the shark this time.