Author Topic: Roy Moore calls on GOP to 'take a stand' and support Kavanaugh amid sex abuse allegation  (Read 5863 times)

Offline Sighlass

• Didn't vote for McCain Dole Romney Trump !

Well, the man was his own worst enemy in that campaign. The interview with Hannity was disastrous. After that, he dodged the press at every stop. When he did have people speak for him, they were the worst you could imagine. To top it all off, he tried to play down the idea he was bigoted by declaring he had one of them there jew attorneys.  Honor or not, it was a debacle.

You do spin for the liberals often.... Moore's wife defended her husband by mentioning they had a Jewish lawyer (not a "them there jew attorney").

I would dodge the press also, especially when the left were sending down fake people to try to make a mockery out of you at every turn. When the late night show people start hiring comedians to disrupt your speeches, then it has become an opportunity to make the circus they created the narrative instead of what Moore wanted to talk about. 

It all boils down to one thing, the left, the fake conservatives hate anyone that stands for Christian conservative values.

If being a true Christian conservative is bigoted, then count me as among the ranks. I doubt congress could of found a person more supportive of Israel than Roy Moore.
« Last Edit: September 24, 2018, 11:07:50 pm by Sighlass »
Exodus 18:21 Furthermore, you shall select out of all the people able men who fear God, men of truth, those who hate dishonest gain; and you shall place these over them as leaders over ....

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
Individual liberties will be gone and replaced with a "social credit score" (like what is being established in China right now) pretty soon if this continues.
Maybe the one with the most "likes" on Fecebook will prevail.  **nononono*

Moore's accusers were debunked, but retractions and facts aren't off the doorstep when BS travels around the world at lightspeed.
Funny how they evaporated after the election (sure sign of an astroturf movement or a smear campaign).

Amazing, too, that no one seemed to connect that the Homosexuals (of which Jones' son is one) were happy to strike back at the guy who lost his job to uphold the Alabama Constitution (on the subject of traditional marriage), and that just might be part of the reason the MSM was so happy to throw Moore out the window, while the GOPe wasn't any too enthused about having a guy who lost his job over the Ten Commandments monument taking a seat in Congress, and hoped he'd bow to pressure so they could replace him with someone who might play better with the crooks in DC. 

Note that Cruz wasn't in the forefront of the standard disavowing movement from the GOPe.
But then, when the GOPe has your back, it's because they have a firm grip on the knife they stuck in it. Not people to run the river with, I'm sad to say.
I reckon the evangelicals in Alabama were inclined to sit the election out, with the feeling there was no one they could support, and it is damning that they presumed guilt, but such was the saturation in the media of 40 year old allegations that had never been mentioned prior to that election.
There were plenty of other elections they could have pulled that rabbit out of the hat for, but they waited until Moore ran for Senate?
« Last Edit: September 24, 2018, 11:08:19 pm by Smokin Joe »
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
 888mouth
You do spin for the liberals often.... Moore's wife defended her husband by mentioning they had a Jewish lawyer (not a "them there jew attorney").

I would dodge the press also, especially when the left were sending down fake people to try to make a mockery out of you at every turn. When the late night show people start hiring comedians to disrupt your speeches, then it has become an opportunity to make the circus they created the narrative instead of what Moore wanted to talk about. 

It all boils down to one thing, the left, the fake conservatives hate anyone that stands for Christian conservative values.

If being a true Christian conservative is bigoted, then count me as among the ranks.

And you actually got to vote in that election didn't you?
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline Sighlass

888mouth
And you actually got to vote in that election didn't you?

Yes, son got to vote his first vote for Roy. I could tell it disappointed him he lost, since he didn't bother voting the next runoff election.
Exodus 18:21 Furthermore, you shall select out of all the people able men who fear God, men of truth, those who hate dishonest gain; and you shall place these over them as leaders over ....

Offline roamer_1

I don’t care if, in his personal life, my auto mechanic wears a latex cat suit and gets off on kittens licking his toes, if he can keep my baby running smoothly, I don’t care.

If I need the best heart surgeon around to give me a second chance at a good quality life, I could care less if his personal morality in sexual matters falls short of perfect – as long as his skills at his work are exemplary.

Similarly, politicians don’t need to be choirboys to administer to the duties of government. Personal sexual morality has nothing to do with a person doing his job properly.

And that is precisely the problem.
If a man does not have the strength of character to live life well and keep his oaths, what exactly do you hang his promises upon for a guarantee?

Offline dfwgator

@dfwgator

Well, yeah, if politics is the most important thing to you.  Others just say "screw this" and walk away.

If you do "walk away" something is going to fill that void, and you're not going to like it.

Offline Smokin Joe

And that is precisely the problem.
If a man does not have the strength of character to live life well and keep his oaths, what exactly do you hang his promises upon for a guarantee?
Well, a man who twice lost his job over principle just might be getting smeared when allegations of decades old (alleged) improprieties surface just in time for an election. Especially when he has been a candidate for significant offices before that one, and not a peep was made.

Allegations from Kavanaugh's High School days have the same aroma about them.

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline roamer_1

Well, a man who twice lost his job over principle just might be getting smeared when allegations of decades old (alleged) improprieties surface just in time for an election. Especially when he has been a candidate for significant offices before that one, and not a peep was made.

Allegations from Kavanaugh's High School days have the same aroma about them.

Gee, ya think?

:beer:

Offline edpc

• Professional Misanthrope - Briefer and Boxer

If being a true Christian conservative is bigoted, then count me as among the ranks. I doubt congress could of found a person more supportive of Israel than Roy Moore.

It’s not ‘spin’ when it’s actually true.  These spokespeople were the worst representatives he could have possibly put on television in the homestretch.  You don’t blame him for avoiding the press, but all we hear about all the time here is how great it is that Trump does not ignore the press and their obvious bias. Moore lost, narrowly, in a state Trump carried by a nearly 2-1 margin.  Everyone knew how important the seat was, even off year.  Even after the loss, he embarrassingly claimed fraud and attempted to challenge the results.  As much as some would love to believe, it wasn’t McConnell, me, or @CatherineofAragon that kept him from victory.

! No longer available

! No longer available
« Last Edit: September 25, 2018, 02:30:50 am by edpc »
I disagree.  Circle gets the square.

Silver Pines

If you do "walk away" something is going to fill that void, and you're not going to like it.

@dfwgator

That's possible, it's true.  But when you don't like what's already running...

Silver Pines

It’s not ‘spin’ when it’s actually true.  These spokespeople were the worst representatives he could have possibly put on television in the homestretch.  You don’t blame him for a wedding the press, but all we hear about all the time here is how great it is that Trump does not ignore the press and their obvious bias. Moore lost, narrowly, in a state Trump carried by a nearly 2-1 margin.  Everyone knew how important the seat was, even off year.  Even after the loss, he embarrassingly claimed fraud and attempted to challenge the results.  As much as some would love to believe, it wasn’t McConnell, me, or @CatherineofAragon that kept him from victory.

! No longer available

! No longer available

@edpc

The speaker on this laptop is acting up...her voice faded into nothing.   *****rollingeyes*****

Conservatives are perfecting the victim act almost as well as some on the opposite side.  Poor Trump, poor Roy Moore...they're never to blame for anything.  In Moore's case, he was a crook with finances long before anyone got wind of the fact that he creeped on girls, but somehow, it isn't his fault.

Silver Pines

It just occurred to me...today @Emjay said something like "I can't believe you have the nerve to show your face around here re: Kavanaugh."

Think about what that means for a moment.  I think Moore is guilty, so I have no right to an opinion on Kavanaugh.  We should all march in lockstep, and no thought is allowed.  Every Republican, without exception, is automatically innocent.

Conservative thought is on the way out.  Oh, well...at least Jim Robinson would approve.

Silver Pines

I don’t care if, in his personal life, my auto mechanic wears a latex cat suit and gets off on kittens licking his toes, if he can keep my baby running smoothly, I don’t care.

If I need the best heart surgeon around to give me a second chance at a good quality life, I could care less if his personal morality in sexual matters falls short of perfect – as long as his skills at his work are exemplary.

Similarly, politicians don’t need to be choirboys to administer to the duties of government. Personal sexual morality has nothing to do with a person doing his job properly.

@aligncare

The founders would strongly disagree with you on that. 

Offline Frank Cannon

A NEVER ENDING ROY MOORE THREAD AT TBR!!!!!!!! YEE HAW!!!!!

Offline Emjay

• Womp, womp
It just occurred to me...today @Emjay said something like "I can't believe you have the nerve to show your face around here re: Kavanaugh."

Think about what that means for a moment.  I think Moore is guilty, so I have no right to an opinion on Kavanaugh.  We should all march in lockstep, and no thought is allowed.  Every Republican, without exception, is automatically innocent.

Conservative thought is on the way out.  Oh, well...at least Jim Robinson would approve.

I made two bets @CatherineofAragon   Little bets with myself.  I won one and I hope I win both.

I bet myself that you could not resist making another reply to me and I bet that Ford gal won't show up Thursday.
Against stupidity, the Gods themselves contend in vain.

Offline Sighlass

Thank goodness Frank Cannon (aka. William Conrad) is here to sheriff the thread.

Wasn't easy finding a shot of his big fat butt sitting on a horse.

Offline Frank Cannon

Thank goodness Frank Cannon (aka. William Conrad) is here to sheriff the thread.

Wasn't easy finding a shot of his big fat butt sitting on a horse.

And just like Roy Moore, William Conrad fondles lots of underage girls in the cult 1977 classic Moonshine County Express.....

Offline Sighlass

And just like Roy Moore, William Conrad fondles lots of underage girls in the cult 1977 classic Moonshine County Express.....

And in season one episode one, Frank Cannon defends a decorated Vietnam vet from being falsely accused. Something certain people now would rather seen thrown under a bus now days, with no proof required.

« Last Edit: September 25, 2018, 03:15:11 am by Sighlass »

Silver Pines

And in season one episode one, Frank Cannon defends a decorated Vietnam vet from being falsely accused. Something certain people now would rather seen thrown under a bus now days, with no proof required.

@Sighlass

I wasn’t aware that military service gives a person a lifetime free pass to do whatever they want.

Offline TomSea

• All deserve a trial if accused
Anyway, back to Roy Moore without reliving the whole scenario, I thought that was mainly about pursuing underage girls, not groping...he was accused of that once incident in a car in the parking lot at a diner, that's very much hearsay.
« Last Edit: September 25, 2018, 02:18:33 pm by TomSea »

Offline Smokin Joe

@Sighlass

I wasn’t aware that military service gives a person a lifetime free pass to do whatever they want.
Nor was I aware that guilty until proven innocent is the new standard of jurisprudence. 
It's a "court" of public opinion, NO evidentiary standards nor facts required.
Y'all have fun playing with your torches and primitive farm implements.

C S Lewis

Offline Smokin Joe

Anyway, back to Roy Moore without reliving the whole scenario, I thought that was mainly about pursuing underage girls, not groping...he was accused of that once incident in a car in the parking lot at a diner, that's very much hearsay.
But....but...that was 'substantiated' by the forged signature of his assistant in the yearbook.

C S Lewis

Offline Frank Cannon

@Sighlass

It is. That's why the poster is a fan of Jeffery Dahmer and not the President.

Offline Smokin Joe

It is. That's why the poster is a fan of Jeffery Dahmer and not the President.

Where did he serve? Is that where he developed his taste for Oriental food?

C S Lewis

Offline Maj. Bill Martin

• I'll make Mincemeat out of 'em"
Where did he serve? Is that where he developed his taste for Oriental food?

« Last Edit: September 25, 2018, 03:16:38 pm by Maj. Bill Martin »