Author Topic: Roy Moore calls on GOP to 'take a stand' and support Kavanaugh amid sex abuse allegation  (Read 5807 times)

Offline Sighlass

• Didn't vote for McCain Dole Romney Trump !
@Sighlass

I wasn’t aware that military service gives a person a lifetime free pass to do whatever they want.

Nobody said that, all we want is some freaking shred of real proof before you destroy someone of 40 years of impeccable public service  (Horse pictures don't count, but I included one of Frank just in case). The only Catherine (of Aragon) picture I could find was her sitting on a horse-hair filled chair).

« Last Edit: September 25, 2018, 08:39:13 pm by Sighlass »
Exodus 18:21 Furthermore, you shall select out of all the people able men who fear God, men of truth, those who hate dishonest gain; and you shall place these over them as leaders over ....

Silver Pines

Nor was I aware that guilty until proven innocent is the new standard of jurisprudence. 
It's a "court" of public opinion, NO evidentiary standards nor facts required.
Y'all have fun playing with your torches and primitive farm implements.

@Smokin Joe

Well, that's as dishonest an accusation now as it was back then, but have fun.  You're not going to see anything that doesn't enable your POV.

Silver Pines

Nobody said that, all we want is some freaking shred of real proof before you destroy someone of 40 years of impeccable public service  (Horse pictures don't count, but I included one of Frank just in case). The only Catherine (of Aragon) picture I could find was her sitting on a horse-hair filled chair).

@Sighlass, you're making me sigh.  As was said a million times back then, you need hard proof in a court of law.  When a man is trying for a Senate seat, he isn't entitled, and public opinion is enough to sway one way or another.  When you live your life the way Moore has, you destroy yourself.  No help is needed.

This is the Catherine I love, from "The Tudors."  A great show, btw.

Offline Emjay

• Womp, womp
I've always heard the phrase 'Colossal Nerve.'  but it's appearing before our very eyes.
Against stupidity, the Gods themselves contend in vain.

Offline Sighlass

@Sighlass, you're making me sigh.  As was said a million times back then, you need hard proof in a court of law.  When a man is trying for a Senate seat, he isn't entitled, and public opinion is enough to sway one way or another.  When you live your life the way Moore has, you destroy yourself.  No help is needed.

This is the Catherine I love, from "The Tudors."  A great show, btw.

You are correct on one point, public opinion does determine election outcomes. I just expected more from a bright TBR member such as yourself to not be swayed by unsubstantiated rumors pieced together by a man that lost a divorce case to his wife in front of Roy Moore. A man that had a gay brother that worked at WAPO that was married by a lady SCOTUS justice while the legality of such things was in front of her. A point that Roy Moore brought to the attention of the nation. A man that was friends with one of the ladies that accused Roy of wrongdoing, a man that met with WAPO reporters and coordinated interviews that he had set up to be future complainants. 

The only thing I found that could of been conscrewed as "creepy" was that Roy did date younger women, (but did not admit to dating 17 or younger) after asking permission from their parents. Roy went to West Point (all male) then to Vietnam (not a dating paradise) then to law school at Alabama (mostly male), so he entered the dating scene late (as I did). He dated younger ladies, as I did, married a younger lady, as I did. He remained married (as I did) to the same woman for many decades. Quite a normal thing here, and most of America, but some see it differently. No laws were broken that had light shown upon them.

I problem with you was spreading rumors like Roy used malls for obtaining underage girls and was banned from the mall. Both accusations were found to be unsubstantiated. The closest fact was Roy did walk for his health and admitted doing so in a mall area (like a lot of people did). During the 80s, the mall was a pretty popular area, and I admit I used to cruise the same mall Moore was accused of frequenting (I had a hobby of car stereo building at the time and entered a few contests, never won). Gadsden was a good drive for me, but I went a few times, but preferred Chattanooga which was about the same distance away (and had better record stores). But everyone went to a mall back then, it was fun and lively for people of all walks of life. The Gadsden Mall was located on the riverbank, so it was somewhat scenic as well (though rumors of sinkholes that went for miles underground in the river abounded, so I was never tempted to swim there).

If (as another person on TBR) one does not like that Roy did date women a decade younger than himself and find that creepy, that is fine. I did it, my sister dated older men also, I don't feel it was wrong. Times and values have changed, but they are entitled to think that way. If someone is saying Roy was a pedophile then they either lack facts and are spreading unsubstantiated rumors which I do have a problem with. But there was nothing wrong legally with the way Roy lived his life that ever made light of day.

Now as far as "The Tudors" being a "great show". If the values of that show were compared to anything Roy was accused of, from rape, to homosexuality/bisexuality, to incest, to murder, to conniving, to plotting planning everything imaginable, yet you find Moore guilty just over rumors spread by liberals that wanted the position and would do anything to get it, including lying.

And the above was just one character in the Tudors (I tried to watch it, sister has series on disk, but it was too perverted for me to stomach).

http://tudors.wikia.com/wiki/George_Boleyn

Exodus 18:21 Furthermore, you shall select out of all the people able men who fear God, men of truth, those who hate dishonest gain; and you shall place these over them as leaders over ....

Offline Frank Cannon

Where did he serve? Is that where he developed his taste for Oriental food?

You win the Top Notch Award of the day for that. Congratulations!

Silver Pines

I've always heard the phrase 'Colossal Nerve.'  but it's appearing before our very eyes.

Oh, please elaborate.  I learn so much from your essays.

Silver Pines

You are correct on one point, public opinion does determine election outcomes. I just expected more from a bright TBR member such as yourself to not be swayed by unsubstantiated rumors pieced together by a man that lost a divorce case to his wife in front of Roy Moore. A man that had a gay brother that worked at WAPO that was married by a lady SCOTUS justice while the legality of such things was in front of her. A point that Roy Moore brought to the attention of the nation. A man that was friends with one of the ladies that accused Roy of wrongdoing, a man that met with WAPO reporters and coordinated interviews that he had set up to be future complainants. 

The only thing I found that could of been conscrewed as "creepy" was that Roy did date younger women, (but did not admit to dating 17 or younger) after asking permission from their parents. Roy went to West Point (all male) then to Vietnam (not a dating paradise) then to law school at Alabama (mostly male), so he entered the dating scene late (as I did). He dated younger ladies, as I did, married a younger lady, as I did. He remained married (as I did) to the same woman for many decades. Quite a normal thing here, and most of America, but some see it differently. No laws were broken that had light shown upon them.

I problem with you was spreading rumors like Roy used malls for obtaining underage girls and was banned from the mall. Both accusations were found to be unsubstantiated. The closest fact was Roy did walk for his health and admitted doing so in a mall area (like a lot of people did). During the 80s, the mall was a pretty popular area, and I admit I used to cruise the same mall Moore was accused of frequenting (I had a hobby of car stereo building at the time and entered a few contests, never won). Gadsden was a good drive for me, but I went a few times, but preferred Chattanooga which was about the same distance away (and had better record stores). But everyone went to a mall back then, it was fun and lively for people of all walks of life. The Gadsden Mall was located on the riverbank, so it was somewhat scenic as well (though rumors of sinkholes that went for miles underground in the river abounded, so I was never tempted to swim there).

If (as another person on TBR) one does not like that Roy did date women a decade younger than himself and find that creepy, that is fine. I did it, my sister dated older men also, I don't feel it was wrong. Times and values have changed, but they are entitled to think that way. If someone is saying Roy was a pedophile then they either lack facts and are spreading unsubstantiated rumors which I do have a problem with. But there was nothing wrong legally with the way Roy lived his life that ever made light of day.

Now as far as "The Tudors" being a "great show". If the values of that show were compared to anything Roy was accused of, from rape, to homosexuality/bisexuality, to incest, to murder, to conniving, to plotting planning everything imaginable, yet you find Moore guilty just over rumors spread by liberals that wanted the position and would do anything to get it, including lying.

And the above was just one character in the Tudors (I tried to watch it, sister has series on disk, but it was too perverted for me to stomach).

http://tudors.wikia.com/wiki/George_Boleyn

@Sighlass

I'm not getting into all of the details again.  I'll just say that it's hard to find conservatives outside of TOS and Breitbart who actually still believe Moore is guilty.  To be honest, I find it amazing.  But no minds are going to be changed.

I wouldn't call The Tudors perverted.  There was some sexual content, but my husband and I are adults, so we can handle it.  We don't confine our viewing to the Disney Channel. 

Offline Frank Cannon

I wouldn't call The Tudors perverted.  There was some sexual content, but my husband and I are adults, so we can handle it.  We don't confine our viewing to the Disney Channel.

What are you? Some sort of swingers? How dare you bring your filth on these pages. The only entertainment you should involve yourself in is the 700 Club or, if you cut the cord, passages from the bible.

« Last Edit: September 26, 2018, 12:23:28 am by Frank Cannon »

Silver Pines

What are you? Some sort of swingers? How dare you bring your filth on these pages. The only entertainment you should involve yourself in is the 700 Club or, if you cut the cord, passages from the bible.

@Frank Cannon

Until I started posting here and let you corrupt me, my viewing habits were limited to Little House On The Prairie reruns.

Is Pat still claiming that secondhand clothes may be cursed by witches?

Offline Sighlass

Be glad to compare movie lists with you... the 700 club must of just missed making my cut.

The Pianist
I See You/Kita Kita (Philippines love story 2017)
Tinker Tailor Soldier Spy
Wind River
Time Changers (Christian 2002)
Tora Tora Tora (Good Pearl Harbor movie)
Paul Apostle of Christ 2018
Night Crossing (Disney 1982) Anti-communist theme
North by Northwest (1959)
Land of Mine (Denmark after WW2 Mine cleanup)
Katyn (anti-communist)
The Railway Children (1970 Family)
The Cuckoo (Kukushka)
The Odessa
Riphagen
The Day of the Jackal
Naked Among the Wolves
The Yearling
All Mine to Give
The Treasure of th Sierra Madre
Au Revoir les Enfants
Battle Royale
Coup de Torchon
Zelary
An American Romance
Father is a Bachelor
David Copperfield
The Bothersome Man
L.A. Story
One Way Passage
Dead Silence
The Battle of Britain 1969
Cherish
The Ex-Mrs Bradford
Crocodile Dundee
12th Man
One Foot in Heaven
Maverick
Highlander
Places in the Heart
Pee-wee’s Big Adventure
Laddie
School for Scoundrels
Lone Star
A Return to Grace: Luther’s Life and Legacy
Twelfth Night
Captains Courageous
Memories of Murder
Nullification: The Rightful Remedy
The Last of Mrs. Cheyney
Summer Magic (Disney)
Whisky Galore!
PCU
The Lost City
Under Jakob’s Ladder
Waterfront
Sullivan’s Travels
Alone Yet Not Alone
Vir Altyd
The Replacement Gods (documentary)
Tap Roots
The Last Days of Disco
The Measure of a Man
I Remember Mama
Changeling
Sicario
Uncle Buck
Up for Love
The Book of Henry
I am David
Roy Roy: The Highland Rogue
Vor
The Teacher (Uciselha) Anti-Communist
Double Indemnity
Instalater
The Duellist
Ride the Pink Horse
An American Story
America Anarchist
Doctor Thorne
A Time Out of War
Three O’Clock High
The Last Remake of Beau Geste
The Conversation
The Lives of Others (Good Anti-Communist)
Dune
Doctor Zhivago
Red Dog
Explorers
Last Man Standing (series)
Burn Notice (series)
Cheaper by the Dozen (older version)
The Women
Doctor at Large
Only the Lonely
Planes, Trains & Automobiles
Without a Clue
Genesis
My Man Godfrey
This Beautiful Fantastic
The Bride Came C.O.D.
Key Largo
Twin Town
It Runs in the Family (my summer story)
The Taming of the Shrew
The Quiet Man
The Life and Death of Colonel Blimp
The Crimson Rivers
Becket
Northanger Abby
Lorna Doone
Ivanhoe
Life with Father
Cyrano
Rag Nymph
Meet Me in St. Louis
The Mayor of Casterbridge
Firelight
Nicholas Nickleby
Whisky Galore!
The Red Violin
The Visual Bible (series)
Rob Roy
Quigley Down Under
My Life in Ruins
The Claim
Broken Trail
The Legend of 1900
McLintock
Swiss Family Robinson
Where the Red Fern Grows
Fright Night
The African Queen
Young Frankenstein
The Killing Fields
Downfall
George of the Jungle
Babe
Amelie
A Man for All Season
Bicycle Thieves
A Private Function
Safe Haven
Thieves Highway
Little Dorrit
Extremely Loud and Incredible Close
God’s Not Dead
Moonrise Kingdom
On Guard (Le Bostu)
Groundhog Day
The Gods Must Be Crazy (I and II)
Gone with the Wind
Pride and Prejudice
The Civil War
Cranford (series)
The Good Earth
Roxanne
Risen
Les Miserables
Kingsman: The Secret Service
Kings Row
Ferris Bueller’s Day Off
Shooter
About Time
The Lord of the Rings (all three)
Poldark (series early, got PC/trashy after awhile)
My Big Fat Greek Wedding
The Boy in the Striped Pajamas
Breaking Away
The Thin Man (movie series)
The Incredibles
Life is Beautiful
It’s a Wonderful Life
Jesse Stone: Stone Cold
Big Fish
Starbuck
The Good the Bad and the Ugly
The Second Best Exotic Marigold Hotel
The Best Exotic Marigold Hotel
Bleak House
Restless Natives
Woodlawn
Harvey
Woman in Gold
Into the White
The Magic of Ordinary Days
The Counterfeiters
A Bag of Marbles
The Last Train to Auschwitz
Son of Saul (little strange)
Suskind (can be found on YouTube without subtitles)
Bitter Harvest (anti-Communist)
Max Manus: Man of War
The Way Back
The Book Theif
The Eagle has Landed
Wartime in Winter
Eye of the Needle
Anthropoid
Rush Limbaugh (TV show)

On second thoughts, nevermind, I don't care to see your list.
« Last Edit: September 26, 2018, 01:12:19 am by Sighlass »

Offline DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
@Sighlass

LOL!   It would be interesting to see the MY LIST of everybody's Netflix movies.

My Verizon recorded movies about 25, are mostly Westerns and Action.
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Offline TomSea

• All deserve a trial if accused
That is a great list of movies, I know this is off-topic. I'm just saying, I thought about a year or so ago, someone in the forum had, probably in the entertainment section, a list of their favorite movies. That "Yearling" is interesting, I posted Newsmax's 50 movies with American values (something like that) in the last two months, the Yearling was on that list as well.

I think that list was yours @Sighlass , but maybe it was someone else's.
« Last Edit: September 26, 2018, 01:32:50 am by TomSea »

Offline LegalAmerican

IIRC there was only one girl that accused Moore of improper behavior. Accusations from years ago
are now SOP from the Rats party. A presumption of innocence is a thing of the past. I miss the old
days where an accuser had the burden of proof not the accused.

Correct jpsb.  We still have many RINOS as republicans.  They all need to be voted out for lack of spine and no commitment to the American people. It is about their cushy job, go along to get along.  Vote republican down the line, & NO INCUMBENT if they are rino;s. LIKE MCCONNELL & GRASSLEY.   They act like this is something "new" happening in congress. BEING "BORKED',,ANITA HILL, remove the old farts!  Death threats to Brett & family. CONFIRM HIM, JUST FOR THAT KIND OF ATTACK!  The Rinos, suck.

Blasey-Ford is CIA.  Trail of sordid Kavanaugh sex smear leads straight to defense contractor linked to Clinton Foundation:
http://www.whatdoesitmean.com/index2662.htm

« Last Edit: September 26, 2018, 01:36:40 am by LegalAmerican »

Offline LegalAmerican

Yes when your father & brother do dirty work for CIA and Clintons fund it.

Blasey-Ford is CIA.  Trail of sordid Kavanaugh sex smear leads straight to defense contractor linked to Clinton Foundation:
http://www.whatdoesitmean.com/index2662.htm

Offline Sighlass

@Sighlass

LOL!   It would be interesting to see the MY LIST of everybody's Netflix movies.

My Verizon recorded movies about 25, are mostly Westerns and Action.

Wouldn't mind a good list to comb through of Westerns, one area I have not really dug into to sort out the "good, bad, and ugly"... lol... If you can get it in list format, post it for me, or pm me the list, thanks. @DCPatriot
« Last Edit: September 26, 2018, 01:51:36 am by Sighlass »

Offline WarmPotato

• TheWarmPotato
  • Follow WarmPotato on YTB
    • My Youtube Channel
They need to confirm Kavagnaugh already
Check out my youtube Channel!

https://youtu.be/b6E3JS3Dmaw

Offline Frank Cannon

Be glad to compare movie lists with you... the 700 club must of just missed making my cut.

The Pianist
I See You/Kita Kita (Philippines love story 2017)
Tinker Tailor Soldier Spy
Wind River
Time Changers (Christian 2002)
Tora Tora Tora (Good Pearl Harbor movie)
Paul Apostle of Christ 2018
Night Crossing (Disney 1982) Anti-communist theme
North by Northwest (1959)
Land of Mine (Denmark after WW2 Mine cleanup)
Katyn (anti-communist)
The Railway Children (1970 Family)
The Cuckoo (Kukushka)
The Odessa
Riphagen
The Day of the Jackal
Naked Among the Wolves
The Yearling
All Mine to Give
The Treasure of th Sierra Madre
Au Revoir les Enfants
Battle Royale
Coup de Torchon
Zelary
An American Romance
Father is a Bachelor
David Copperfield
The Bothersome Man
L.A. Story
One Way Passage
Dead Silence
The Battle of Britain 1969
Cherish
The Ex-Mrs Bradford
Crocodile Dundee
12th Man
One Foot in Heaven
Maverick
Highlander
Places in the Heart
Pee-wee’s Big Adventure
Laddie
School for Scoundrels
Lone Star
A Return to Grace: Luther’s Life and Legacy
Twelfth Night
Captains Courageous
Memories of Murder
Nullification: The Rightful Remedy
The Last of Mrs. Cheyney
Summer Magic (Disney)
Whisky Galore!
PCU
The Lost City
Under Jakob’s Ladder
Waterfront
Sullivan’s Travels
Alone Yet Not Alone
Vir Altyd
The Replacement Gods (documentary)
Tap Roots
The Last Days of Disco
The Measure of a Man
I Remember Mama
Changeling
Sicario
Uncle Buck
Up for Love
The Book of Henry
I am David
Roy Roy: The Highland Rogue
Vor
The Teacher (Uciselha) Anti-Communist
Double Indemnity
Instalater
The Duellist
Ride the Pink Horse
An American Story
America Anarchist
Doctor Thorne
A Time Out of War
Three O’Clock High
The Last Remake of Beau Geste
The Conversation
The Lives of Others (Good Anti-Communist)
Dune
Doctor Zhivago
Red Dog
Explorers
Last Man Standing (series)
Burn Notice (series)
Cheaper by the Dozen (older version)
The Women
Doctor at Large
Only the Lonely
Planes, Trains & Automobiles
Without a Clue
Genesis
My Man Godfrey
This Beautiful Fantastic
The Bride Came C.O.D.
Key Largo
Twin Town
It Runs in the Family (my summer story)
The Taming of the Shrew
The Quiet Man
The Life and Death of Colonel Blimp
The Crimson Rivers
Becket
Northanger Abby
Lorna Doone
Ivanhoe
Life with Father
Cyrano
Rag Nymph
Meet Me in St. Louis
The Mayor of Casterbridge
Firelight
Nicholas Nickleby
Whisky Galore!
The Red Violin
The Visual Bible (series)
Rob Roy
Quigley Down Under
My Life in Ruins
The Claim
Broken Trail
The Legend of 1900
McLintock
Swiss Family Robinson
Where the Red Fern Grows
Fright Night
The African Queen
Young Frankenstein
The Killing Fields
Downfall
George of the Jungle
Babe
Amelie
A Man for All Season
Bicycle Thieves
A Private Function
Safe Haven
Thieves Highway
Little Dorrit
Extremely Loud and Incredible Close
God’s Not Dead
Moonrise Kingdom
On Guard (Le Bostu)
Groundhog Day
The Gods Must Be Crazy (I and II)
Gone with the Wind
Pride and Prejudice
The Civil War
Cranford (series)
The Good Earth
Roxanne
Risen
Les Miserables
Kingsman: The Secret Service
Kings Row
Ferris Bueller’s Day Off
Shooter
About Time
The Lord of the Rings (all three)
Poldark (series early, got PC/trashy after awhile)
My Big Fat Greek Wedding
The Boy in the Striped Pajamas
Breaking Away
The Thin Man (movie series)
The Incredibles
Life is Beautiful
It’s a Wonderful Life
Jesse Stone: Stone Cold
Big Fish
Starbuck
The Good the Bad and the Ugly
The Second Best Exotic Marigold Hotel
The Best Exotic Marigold Hotel
Bleak House
Restless Natives
Woodlawn
Harvey
Woman in Gold
Into the White
The Magic of Ordinary Days
The Counterfeiters
A Bag of Marbles
The Last Train to Auschwitz
Son of Saul (little strange)
Suskind (can be found on YouTube without subtitles)
Bitter Harvest (anti-Communist)
Max Manus: Man of War
The Way Back
The Book Theif
The Eagle has Landed
Wartime in Winter
Eye of the Needle
Anthropoid
Rush Limbaugh (TV show)

On second thoughts, nevermind, I don't care to see your list.

God you're boring.

BTW # 14 down should be The Odessa File. Try to clean up your typos dammit.

Offline Sighlass

God you're boring.

BTW # 14 down should be The Odessa File. Try to clean up your typos dammit.

What do you think, that insults will stop folks from responding to you with opinions you don't like?

Thanks for the clarification on the movie title. I catch myself doing this often, a slight form of aphasia I presume. You will find it in a lot of my posts (skipped words, insert incorrect words, phrases out of order) , thus why I often edit them if I catch it (or wife points it out).
« Last Edit: September 26, 2018, 04:09:23 am by Sighlass »

Offline Frank Cannon

What do you think, that insults will stop folks from responding to you with opinions you don't like?

Thanks for the clarification on the movie title. I catch myself doing this often, a slight form of aphasia I presume. You will find it in a lot of my posts (skipped words, insert incorrect words, phrases out of order) , thus why I often edit them if I catch it (or wife points it out).

Yeah. I wish you would skip more words......like all of them in that last post.

Offline LegalAmerican

I don’t care if, in his personal life, my auto mechanic wears a latex cat suit and gets off on kittens licking his toes, if he can keep my baby running smoothly, I don’t care.

If I need the best heart surgeon around to give me a second chance at a good quality life, I could care less if his personal morality in sexual matters falls short of perfect – as long as his skills at his work are exemplary.

Similarly, politicians don’t need to be choirboys to administer to the duties of government. Personal sexual morality has nothing to do with a person doing his job properly.

Many ^5's!    Wish the "judgmental religious ' on here could understand that.  NO ONE IS PERFECT, not even them. "Who among you, will cast the first stone"?  Actually makes them hypocrites!  Ignorant way of looking a things.  GOD IS THE FINAL JUDGE, NOT HUMAN BEINGS.  When the judgmental religious do that, they are UN-CHRISTIAN.  Shock.

:thumbsup:

Offline Sighlass

Many ^5's!    Wish the "judgmental religious ' on here could understand that.  NO ONE IS PERFECT, not even them. "Who among you, will cast the first stone"?  Actually makes them hypocrites!  Ignorant way of looking a things.  GOD IS THE FINAL JUDGE, NOT HUMAN BEINGS.  When the judgmental religious do that, they are UN-CHRISTIAN.  Shock.

You have got to be the must ignorant person at TBR that I have ran across.

1 Corinthians 2:15

We are to judge everything... Your "judge not" verse is addressed to whom? Hypocrites, then the rest of the verse is for how a hypocrite is to get right and start judging rightly again. This is first grade Christian stuff... Milk, not meat.

Christians are to judge angels for goodness sake.

Do you not know that we will judge angels? How much more the things of this life!

Did you catch that.... "How much more the things of this life"......

Lets let Paul frame it...

Do you not know that the saints will judge the world? And if the world will be judged by you, are you unworthy to judge the smallest matters? Do you not know that we shall judge angels? How much more, things that pertain to this life? I say this to your shame. Is it so, that there is not a wise man among you, not even one, who will be able to judge between his brethren?  (1 Cor. 6:2-5)

If God were the only judge, the sins of all men would be “clearly evident, preceding them to judgment” (1Tim. 5:24a).

Those who rebuke the wicked will have delight, and a good blessing will come upon them.” (Prov. 24:25).

@LegalAmerican

Jesus said, “Do not judge according to appearance, but judge with righteous judgment” (John 7:24).

Thus over and over I stress "judge rightly".... Every Christian knows nobody is perfect, but we can judge for those that strive to be more perfect than they were. Those that glorify their past sins vs those that want to not repeat them.

How about your "cast the first stone"... Have you actually read it? What story does it tell beyond your paraphrase quote?

Lets see, woman that was rightfully accused of breaking Jewish law runs up to Jesus for help. Jesus knows he is being watched and as a Jew can not support Jewish law that requires the death penalty for such an act. Does Jesus condemn the crowd for their judgement? Nope, Does he say what she did was right thus circumventing Jewish law? Nope. He is Jesus, he determines that she is honestly sorry and forgives her (his right, he is Jesus)...but leaves her with a stern warning, don't do it again. Jesus thus side steps trouble before his time is due, and goes on his merry way. Jesus at no time suggested what the crowd was doing was wrong, that they broke Hebrew law and that they judged wrongly.

BTW.... since you by your own words can't judge what I just said, kindly don't bother to reply. It is a waste of my time and everyone else.

« Last Edit: October 01, 2018, 01:08:17 am by Sighlass »