Author Topic: Flake says Kavanaugh hearings are ‘tearing the country apart’  (Read 501 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!

News
Flake says Kavanaugh hearings are ‘tearing the country apart’

By Mark Moore

September 30, 2018 | 7:05pm | Updated

GOP Sen. Jeff Flake said being confronted by two sexual assault victims in a Capitol elevator and the testimony from the accuser of Supreme Court nominee Brett Kavanaugh combined to make him realize the confirmation process was “tearing the country apart.”

“I don’t think anybody expected what happened on Friday to happen. And I can’t say that I did either,” the Arizona lawmaker told CBS’ “60 Minutes” in an interview that aired Sunday.

“I just knew that we couldn’t move forward, that I couldn’t move forward without hitting the pause button. Because, what I was seeing, experiencing, in an elevator and watching it in committee and just thinking, this is tearing the country apart,” he continued.

Flake and Democratic Sen. Chris Coons, both members of the Senate Judiciary Committee, launched a bipartisan effort last Friday to delay a confirmation vote on Kavanaugh for a week so the FBI could investigate the sexual impropriety claims made against him by Christine Blasey Ford.

Coons said his phone was “blowing up” with people relating to him their accounts of being sexually attacked as Ford testified.

more
https://nypost.com/2018/09/30/flake-says-kavanaugh-hearings-are-tearing-the-country-apart/
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline dfwgator

I'd like to tear Flake apart.

Offline Hoodat

Flake says Kavanaugh hearings are ‘tearing the country apart’

Divide Divide Divide.  It's what Democrats do.  And you are siding with them, Flake.
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."

-Ayn Rand-

Offline Free Vulcan

• Technical
  • Ah, the air is so much fresher here...
Flake I swear you are the biggest pansy elected official I've ever encountered.

This is not tearing the country apart. Quit being a drama queen and just do your job.
The Republic is lost.