Author Topic: First photos of 2 identified Korean War soldiers released  (Read 1080 times)

Offline TomSea

• All deserve a trial if accused
First photos of 2 identified Korean War soldiers released
« on: September 24, 2018, 01:31:21 am »
Excerpt:

First photos of 2 identified Korean War soldiers released
By Brad Hamilton
September 22, 2018

Master Sergeant Charles Hobert McDaniel (left) and Private First Class William Hoover Jones. EPA

The two, shown proudly wearing their Army uniforms in these official portraits, died within months of being deployed to Korea in 1950. Their remains were identified on Thursday.

Master Sgt. Charles H. McDaniel of Vernon, Indiana, served as a medic in a battalion overrun by Chinese forces near Unsan, 60 miles north of Pyongyang in October of that year. He was 32.

Army Pfc. William H. Jones of Nash County, North Carolina, was part of the 25th Infantry Division and declared missing on Nov. 26 1950 after his battalion made a fighting withdrawal from the Chinese.

More at: https://nypost.com/2018/09/22/first-photos-of-2-identified-korean-war-soldiers-released/

Per the above, both died fighting the Chinese. May eternal light shine upon them.
« Last Edit: September 24, 2018, 01:32:13 am by TomSea »

Offline Maj. Bill Martin

• I'll make Mincemeat out of 'em"
Re: First photos of 2 identified Korean War soldiers released
« Reply #1 on: September 25, 2018, 01:32:31 am »
That poor PFC on the right just looks so damn young in that picture.  Absolutely heartbreaking.

Offline goodwithagun

« Reply #2 on: September 25, 2018, 01:48:45 am »
A Hail Mary for both.
I stand with Roosgirl.

Offline TomSea

• All deserve a trial if accused
« Reply #3 on: September 25, 2018, 02:05:06 am »
It's a bit heartwrenching, I don't know if it was tough growing up in NC at that time, I do know, he gave all. He doesn't look to happy in his picture. God Bless both men, I hope they have gone on to a rich heavenly reward.