Author Topic: Democrats poised to grill Brett Kavanaugh on drinking, partying in high school  (Read 562 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Democrats poised to grill Brett Kavanaugh on drinking, partying in high school
by Naomi Lim
 | September 23, 2018 09:52 AM

Democrats are poised to ask questions about the drinking culture of Supreme Court nominee Brett Kavanaugh's high school when the judge faces the Senate Judiciary Committee following a sexual misconduct allegation.

"We want to hear — I would be wanting to hear what kind of environment it was in high school," Sen. Mazie Hirono, D-Hawaii, said Sunday during an interview with CNN's "State of the Union."

"Apparently, there was a lot of drinking and partying going on," she continued. "This is why we need an investigation. We need an independent investigation that lays all of that out for us, so there's at least some chance of some outside entity, like the FBI, doing an investigation."

Hirono, who sits on the panel, added she would do everything in her power to ensure Kavanaugh's accuser, Christine Blasey Ford, can talk to the committee about her claim that Kavanaugh drunkenly forced himself on her during a high school party in the 1980s "free of intimidation, fear and the kind of threats she's already getting for even coming forward with this."

Ford, then a student at Maryland's Holton-Arms School, was 15 at the time of the alleged incident. Kavanaugh was a 17-year-old junior at nearby Georgetown Prep. He strongly denies the allegation.

Echoing Hirono was Senate Minority Whip Dick Durbin, D-Ill., who told ABC News' "This Week" that the alcohol line of inquiry was "relevant to the whole conversation."

more
https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/news/democrats-poised-to-grill-brett-kavanaugh-on-drinking-partying-in-high-school
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline libertybele

Wow...imagine...high school aged kids drinking and partying!  OMG!  Seriously ridiculous!

So...let me share...now this is over 30 years ago ... but I do remember it was 'Senior Swing Out' week and our class met at a park.  No liquor was allowed (ya right), but I don't recall any chaperones.  We wound up having the cops called on us and we needed to leave before the paddy wagon came for us.  No one was in a position to drive.  However, I was one of the more sober ones.  I didn't have a drivers license, but drove us the heck out of there anyways.  I remember pulling into a gas station for gas and dinging the side of my friend's car.  Luckily no one was hurt.  I don't remember the fine details being over 30 years ago, but I do know that a lot of high school age kids at the time drank, smoked and partied.

Should I now be arrested for driving without a license 30+ years ago?
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline Chosen Daughter

• For there is no respect of persons with God. Romans 10:12-13
  • Ephesians 6:13 Stand Firm in the face of evil
Wow...imagine...high school aged kids drinking and partying!  OMG!  Seriously ridiculous!

So...let me share...now this is over 30 years ago ... but I do remember it was 'Senior Swing Out' week and our class met at a park.  No liquor was allowed (ya right), but I don't recall any chaperones.  We wound up having the cops called on us and we needed to leave before the paddy wagon came for us.  No one was in a position to drive.  However, I was one of the more sober ones.  I didn't have a drivers license, but drove us the heck out of there anyways.  I remember pulling into a gas station for gas and dinging the side of my friend's car.  Luckily no one was hurt.  I don't remember the fine details being over 30 years ago, but I do know that a lot of high school age kids at the time drank, smoked and partied.

Should I now be arrested for driving without a license 30+ years ago?

Isn't this just ridiculous?  I am sure most of our Congress and Senators went to school and partied.  I know that I went to several keggers.  I even remember guys kissing me and getting out of control.  I shouldn't have been kissing while I was drinking, which I wasn't supposed to be doing, but I did.  I remember one guy.  He was slobbering all over my face.  It was scarry, but it ended at the kiss (if you could call it that.  Grinding that may be a little more serious but you don't get from kiss to grinding in zero flat.  She must admit that she allowed the kiss.  Two people, (two) at a party of young people.  Both engaging in a drink and kiss.  No rape.  This plays out over and over again in high schools everywhere.  She shouldn't have been drinking and kissing.  I am sure if she was at a drinking party in a bedroom with a boy she was drinking too and had poor judgment.

Even if it is true.  Kavanagh says it wasn't.

I would hope that they will be asking Ms. Ford what she was doing at a drinking party?  Why was she making out with a boy in a bedroom?  And if she understood that making out leads to grinding, especially when both parties have been drinking.  She probably didn't tell her parents because she was drunk and knew her parents would not be happy that she placed herself in a situation where she was consentually making out in a bedroom and it led to increase hormones of both people.  Perhaps she was grinding too and then realized that she didn't want that.  Fine.  There was no rape. 

The defense for her own actions?  That Kavanaugh was so drunk that it didn't result in rape?

She needs some therapy.

« Last Edit: September 23, 2018, 08:00:57 pm by Chosen Daughter »
AG William Barr: "I'm recused from that matter because one of the law firms that represented Epstein long ago was a firm that I subsequently joined for a period of time."

Alexander Acosta Labor Secretary resigned under pressure concerning his "sweetheart deal" with Jeffrey Epstein.  He was under consideration for AG after Sessions was removed, but was forced to resign instead.

Offline TomSea

• All deserve a trial if accused
https://napavalleyregister.com/news/national/govt-and-politics/woman-comes-forward-to-accuse-supreme-court-nominee-kavanaugh-of/article_b6916d02-3cc5-59d0-945b-a2a8cee46b16.html

Her official story goes that she was in a one-piece-swimming suit, see above story for that confirmed if one does not know it. Also, this apparently was not something like a HS party one might envision with say 60-100 people there or whatever number one might come up with. It sounded more like a small party/get together. Was their a pool there? Anyway, the official narrative also says he tried to take her suit off. The swimsuit is probably not too significant in this. And he put his hand over her mouth and she screamed? Seems to be part of the story too. No one apparently remembers the screaming at this point.  I would think, most young men could overpower a young woman all the same.

I'd be a bit afraid that someone could just pile on to the narrative and say it is so, we already had that happen somewhat with that one tweet from a woman who basically recanted.

From the article:

She says Kavanaugh groped her over her clothes, grinded his body against hers and tried to take off her one-piece swimsuit and the outfit she wore over it. Kavanaugh covered her mouth with his hand when she tried to scream, she says, and escaped when Judge jumped on them.

Outfit she wore over it.  :pondering:
« Last Edit: September 23, 2018, 08:23:01 pm by TomSea »

Offline Chosen Daughter

• For there is no respect of persons with God. Romans 10:12-13
  • Ephesians 6:13 Stand Firm in the face of evil
https://napavalleyregister.com/news/national/govt-and-politics/woman-comes-forward-to-accuse-supreme-court-nominee-kavanaugh-of/article_b6916d02-3cc5-59d0-945b-a2a8cee46b16.html

Her official story goes that she was in a one-piece-swimming suit, see above story for that confirmed if one does not know it. Also, this apparently was not something like a HS party one might envision with say 60-100 people there or whatever number one might come up with. It sounded more like a small party/get together. Was their a pool there? Anyway, the official narrative also says he tried to take her suit off. The swimsuit is probably not too significant in this. And he put his hand over her mouth and she screamed? Seems to be part of the story too. No one apparently remembers the screaming at this point.  I would think, most young men could overpower a young woman all the same.

I'd be a bit afraid that someone could just pile on to the narrative and say it is so, we already had that happen somewhat with that one tweet from a woman who basically recanted.

From the article:

Outfit she wore over it.  :pondering:

Yeah, not credible.  He didn't drag her into that bedroom.  She had to have gone willingly.  If Cavanaugh was the guy. (was)  Then two teenagers at a drinking party went to a bedroom to make out.  You don't get from 0-10 without some pre foreplay.  Covering her mouth seems like a precursor to rape.  But she says the only thing that saved her was he was too drunk.  Not too drunk to kiss and make out.  Just too drunk to rape.
AG William Barr: "I'm recused from that matter because one of the law firms that represented Epstein long ago was a firm that I subsequently joined for a period of time."

Alexander Acosta Labor Secretary resigned under pressure concerning his "sweetheart deal" with Jeffrey Epstein.  He was under consideration for AG after Sessions was removed, but was forced to resign instead.

Online Free Vulcan

• Technical
  • Ah, the air is so much fresher here...
Sooooooooo...can we then also talk about all her high school exploits of drinking and partying, and....other things?
The Republic is lost.

Offline Formerly Once-Ler

! No longer available

All I ask is that Dr. Ford reveal the details clearly, slowly, and breathy.
« Last Edit: September 23, 2018, 09:11:34 pm by Once-Ler »

Offline libertybele

Yeah, not credible.  He didn't drag her into that bedroom.  She had to have gone willingly.  If Cavanaugh was the guy. (was)  Then two teenagers at a drinking party went to a bedroom to make out.  You don't get from 0-10 without some pre foreplay.  Covering her mouth seems like a precursor to rape.  But she says the only thing that saved her was he was too drunk.  Not too drunk to kiss and make out.  Just too drunk to rape.

Ok ... but how is she going to prove that he covered her mouth??  How is he going to prove he didn't?  This supposedly happened 30 years ago ... how many people are actually going to remember witnessing such an event unless things got out of control and ugly?  Did someone pull him off of her?? Was one of her friends alarmed that she couldn't find her and interrupted the attack? 
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline TomSea

Also, Kavanaugh's response and also those of the 3 witnesses are either, "didn't happen" or with the woman, the final witness, Keyser, "I know nothing about this. I don't even know the guy".

It seems one tact that could have been taken is saying something like "Yes, I know the girl, we made out, that's about it", I guess "we went into the bedroom" is a bit of a sundry detail but if it has to be said, then do it.... but no, there is total "I don't know" about this whole thing from everyone else.
« Last Edit: September 23, 2018, 09:24:19 pm by TomSea »

Offline TomSea

Also as has been brought up, there are some horrific things that teens do, murder and so forth, but this I'm not sure what this is, if it was not a very serious offense, the guy was still a juvenile. I wonder if we even know what juvenile records are. They are suppose to be expunged. Easy to understand for say, something like shoplifting, misdemeanors.

Offline Formerly Once-Ler

Also as has been brought up, there are some horrific things that teens do, murder and so forth, but this I'm not sure what this is, if it was not a very serious offense, the guy was still a juvenile. I wonder if we even know what juvenile records are. They are suppose to be expunged. Easy to understand for say, something like shoplifting, misdemeanors.
It's a couple drunken teens fumbling in the dark remembered 37 years later.  Just another piece of the bizzarro world we share.