Author Topic: Coming this fall: Amazon will be listening to us more than ever  (Read 488 times)

Online corbe

Coming this fall: Amazon will be listening to us more than ever
« on: September 22, 2018, 08:41:55 pm »
Coming this fall: Amazon will be listening to us more than ever

Jefferson Graham, USA TODAYPublished 9:00 a.m. ET Sept. 22, 2018

SEATTLE — To step into one of the Amazon Go stores here is to enter a retail experience unlike any other, anywhere.

You can gain entry only by swiping your smartphone app. And no money or credit cards are ever exchanged inside. You just pick up the items you want, throw them in an optional bag, and then walk out the door.

Amazon knows what you just bought, because it has dozens and dozens of cameras and sensors around the store, tracking your every move.

It's a trade-off one has to make – the joy of a hassle-free retail experience that makes one feel almost like you're shoplifting, weighed against being the most tracked shopper in history.

<..snip..>

https://www.usatoday.com/story/tech/talkingtech/2018/09/22/coming-fall-amazon-listening-and-watching-more-than-ever/1385501002/
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
Re: Coming this fall: Amazon will be listening to us more than ever
« Reply #1 on: September 23, 2018, 12:04:11 am »
I guess I'll never see the inside of one of those stores.
I have no smartphone and have no intention of ever getting one...