Author Topic: Grassley grants Kavanaugh accuser extension on how to proceed on possible testimony  (Read 547 times)

Offline 240B

• Lord of all things Orange!
  • TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...

Reuters
Doina Chiacu, Richard Cowan
SEPTEMBER 21, 2018

WASHINGTON (Reuters) - U.S. Senate Judiciary Committee Chuck Grassley granted a deadline extension to a woman accusing Supreme Court nominee Brett Kavanaugh of sexual assault to decide if and how she will testify, the Republican said on Twitter.

The Senate Judiciary Committee had delayed a vote on Kavanaugh’s confirmation after California professor Christine Blasey Ford’s allegations emerged last week, and her lawyers and committee staff were negotiating the conditions of her testimony.

“Judge Kavanaugh I just granted another extension to Dr. Ford to decide if she wants to proceed (with) the statement she made last week to testify to the Senate,” Grassley wrote on Twitter. “She should decide so we can move on. I want to hear her. I hope you understand. It’s not my normal approach to be indecisive.”

Grassley did not say if a new deadline has been set.

(more)
https://www.reuters.com/article/us-usa-court-kavanaugh/grassley-grants-kavanaugh-accuser-extension-on-how-to-proceed-on-possible-testimony-idUSKCN1M11LX?il=0
You cannot "COEXIST" with people who want to kill you.
If they kill their own with no conscience, there is nothing to stop them from killing you.
Rational fear and anger at vicious murderous Islamic terrorists is the same as irrational antisemitism, according to the Leftists.

Offline Chosen Daughter

• For there is no respect of persons with God. Romans 10:12-13
  • Ephesians 6:13 Stand Firm in the face of evil
Baloney.  What's wrong with him?
AG William Barr: "I'm recused from that matter because one of the law firms that represented Epstein long ago was a firm that I subsequently joined for a period of time."

Alexander Acosta Labor Secretary resigned under pressure concerning his "sweetheart deal" with Jeffrey Epstein.  He was under consideration for AG after Sessions was removed, but was forced to resign instead.

Offline dfwgator

Baloney.  What's wrong with him?

Damn Republicans, gutless wonders the whole lot of 'em.

Offline RetBobbyMI

Fake tweet? How would we know if he wasn’t hijacked.
"Life is tough, but it's tougher when you're stupid."  -- John Wayne
"Talk sense to a fool and he calls you foolish.� ? Euripides, The Bacchae
"Sometimes I wonder whether the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on or by imbeciles who really mean it.� ? Laurence J. Peter, The Peter Principle
"A stupid man's report of what a clever man says can never be accurate, because he unconsciously translates what he hears into something he can understand.� ? Bertrand Russell, A History of Western Philosophy