Author Topic: Grassley panel scraps Kavanaugh hearing, warns committee will vote without deal[the latest]  (Read 673 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Grassley panel scraps Kavanaugh hearing, warns committee will vote without deal
By Jordain Carney - 09/21/18 06:34 PM EDT

The Senate Judiciary Committee is postponing a high-stakes hearing set for early next week on the sexual assault allegation against Supreme Court nominee Brett Kavanaugh.

The committee announced on Friday that the Monday hearing — where both Kavanaugh and his accuser, Christine Blasey Ford, had been invited to speak — was being called off.

Instead, Grassley said in a statement Friday that he is giving Ford’s lawyers until 10 p.m. on Friday to respond to the GOP request for her to testify on Wednesday. If they do not, or if Ford declines to testify, Grassley said the Judiciary Committee will vote Monday on Kavanaugh's nomination.

“I’m providing a notice of a vote to occur Monday in the event that Dr. Ford’s attorneys don’t respond or Dr. Ford decides not to testify. In the event that we can come to a reasonable resolution as I’ve been seeking all week, then I will postpone the committee vote to accommodate her testimony. We cannot continue to delay,” Grassley said in a statement.

The announcement comes after lawyers for Ford and Judiciary Committee staffers struggled to reach an agreement on holding a hearing.

Lawyers for Ford said Thursday that she would not testify during the public hearing that Senate Republicans had set for Monday.

Instead, the two sides have been locked in a 24-hour back-and-forth over the terms of a potential hearing.

more
https://thehill.com/homenews/senate/407866-senate-panel-scraps-kavanaugh-hearing-set-for-monday
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline Emjay

• Womp, womp
Is he talking about today for the deadline?
Against stupidity, the Gods themselves contend in vain.

Online Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
Is he talking about today for the deadline?

The deadline for responding is put off until tomorrow.   9999hair out0000
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline Right_in_Virginia

The deadline for responding is put off until tomorrow.   9999hair out0000

Says who?  I think this is based on a twitter rumor.  Have you a link @Cyber Liberty

« Last Edit: September 22, 2018, 01:55:57 am by Right_in_Virginia »

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
No one can honestly say they aren't bending over backwards to accommodate this person.

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
This is old news now...Ford's atty wants 24 more hours to consider the GOP's latest offer....waiting to hear from Grassley again
Support the USO

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Says who?  I think this is based on a twitter rumor.  Have you a link @Cyber Liberty

Sean Hannity announced it...
Support the USO

Sean Hannity announced it...

Wait ... what?  Has anyone else heard/read that she is going to be interviewed on 60 minutes this Sunday??

Offline Emjay

• Womp, womp
Wait ... what?  Has anyone else heard/read that she is going to be interviewed on 60 minutes this Sunday??

Surely you jest.  That would be against all protocol
Against stupidity, the Gods themselves contend in vain.

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!

No..where did you hear that?..............this is going to really piss off Grassley...I hope....she can't talk to the committee but can do 60mins....I can see her now
Support the USO

Online Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵

Saw it on FNC, but the only story I see is the lawyers requested another day to decide.  It's after 10PM, so I don't know what's going on.  Grassley may tell them to pound sand. :shrug:
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

No..where did you hear that?..............this is going to really piss off Grassley...I hope....she can't talk to the committee but can do 60mins....I can see her now

Sorry ... I had three people working on this and it appears to be "jest" ...

Saw it on FNC, but the only story I see is the lawyers requested another day to decide.  It's after 10PM, so I don't know what's going on.  Grassley may tell them to pound sand. :shrug:

Thanks ... Myst said  she heard it there, too.  We don't have the cables on right now.

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Sorry ... I had three people working on this and it appears to be "jest" ...

Whew..I've been all over looking for that..lol
Support the USO

Offline Fantom

You girls..... funny stuf  333cleo

Clif note, as far as I can make out, is nutsi democrat operative has until Wednesday to drive her happy as to Washington. 

If she does not accept that gracious deadline.... vote Monday.
Those who profess to favor freedom, and yet deprecate agitation, are men who want crops without plowing up the ground, they want rain without thunder and lightning, they want the ocean without the awful roar of its many waters.

Frederick Douglass

Whew..I've been all over looking for that..lol

LOL!  It literally took four of us to confirm it was a joke.   :laugh:

On a positive note, the POTUS held a rally (huge, boisterous) in Missouri tonight for Senate candidate Josh Hawley.

Hawley, during his time at the mike, was talking about how Trump is keeping his promises including the one to appoint constitutionalist judges ... and then he went *there* and said:  "Including Brett Kavanaugh!!".  The crowd erupted in wild and sustained applause, hooting and hollering.

I hope Grassley heard about this.  Folks have been paying attention and understand what's really going on here.