Author Topic: Wallace: Rosenstein Issued 'Weak, Lawyerly' Denial of Bombshell NYT Report  (Read 373 times)

Online Right_in_Virginia

Wallace: Rosenstein Issued 'Weak, Lawyerly' Denial of Bombshell NYT Report
Fox News Insider, Sep 21. 2018

"Fox News Sunday" anchor Chris Wallace reacted Friday on "Shepard Smith Reporting" to a bombshell report that Deputy Attorney General Rod Rosenstein suggested last year secretly recording President Trump and enlisting Cabinet members to invoke the 25th Amendment to remove him from office.

[...]

Rosenstein has denied the report, calling it "factually incorrect."

"The New York Times’s story is inaccurate and factually incorrect," he said in a statement to Fox News.  "I will not further comment on a story based on anonymous sources who are obviously biased against the department and are advancing their own personal agenda. But let me clear about this: Based on my personal dealings with the president, there is no basis to invoke the 25th Amendment."

Wallace said he views the statement from Rosenstein as "very weak," and written in a "lawyerly" fashion.

"I think it's very careful," said Wallace, adding that Rosenstein only asserted there is "no basis" currently for the 25th Amendment to be considered.

He said Rosenstein did not specifically say anything about whether he discussed wearing a "wire" or brought up the 25th Amendment.

Wallace said the story will raise questions about Rosenstein's frame of mind right around the time he appointed Special Counsel Robert Mueller to investigate potential collusion between the Trump campaign and Russia.

More:  http://insider.foxnews.com/2018/09/21/chris-wallace-rosenstein-issued-weak-lawyerly-denial-bombshell-nyt-report

Offline Emjay

• Womp, womp
Wallace: Rosenstein Issued 'Weak, Lawyerly' Denial of Bombshell NYT Report
Fox News Insider, Sep 21. 2018

"Fox News Sunday" anchor Chris Wallace reacted Friday on "Shepard Smith Reporting" to a bombshell report that Deputy Attorney General Rod Rosenstein suggested last year secretly recording President Trump and enlisting Cabinet members to invoke the 25th Amendment to remove him from office.

[...]

Rosenstein has denied the report, calling it "factually incorrect."

"The New York Times’s story is inaccurate and factually incorrect," he said in a statement to Fox News.  "I will not further comment on a story based on anonymous sources who are obviously biased against the department and are advancing their own personal agenda. But let me clear about this: Based on my personal dealings with the president, there is no basis to invoke the 25th Amendment."

Wallace said he views the statement from Rosenstein as "very weak," and written in a "lawyerly" fashion.

"I think it's very careful," said Wallace, adding that Rosenstein only asserted there is "no basis" currently for the 25th Amendment to be considered.

He said Rosenstein did not specifically say anything about whether he discussed wearing a "wire" or brought up the 25th Amendment.

Wallace said the story will raise questions about Rosenstein's frame of mind right around the time he appointed Special Counsel Robert Mueller to investigate potential collusion between the Trump campaign and Russia.

More:  http://insider.foxnews.com/2018/09/21/chris-wallace-rosenstein-issued-weak-lawyerly-denial-bombshell-nyt-report

Interesting coming from Chris Wallace.
Against stupidity, the Gods themselves contend in vain.