Author Topic: Rosenstein Suggested He Secretly Record Trump and Discussed 25th Amendment  (Read 2331 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
By Adam Goldman and Michael S. Schmidt

Sept. 21, 2018

WASHINGTON — The deputy attorney general, Rod J. Rosenstein, suggested last year that he secretly record President Trump in the White House to expose the chaos consuming the administration, and he discussed recruiting cabinet members to invoke the 25th Amendment to remove Mr. Trump from office for being unfit.

Mr. Rosenstein made these suggestions in the spring of 2017 when Mr. Trump’s firing of James B. Comey as F.B.I. director plunged the White House into turmoil. Over the ensuing days, the president divulged classified intelligence to Russians in the Oval Office, and revelations emerged that Mr. Trump had asked Mr. Comey to pledge loyalty and end an investigation into a senior aide.

Mr. Rosenstein was just two weeks into his job. He had begun overseeing the Russia investigation and played a key role in the president’s dismissal of Mr. Comey by writing a memo critical of his handling of the Hillary Clinton email investigation. But Mr. Rosenstein was caught off guard when Mr. Trump cited the memo in the firing, and he began telling people that he feared he had been used.

Mr. Rosenstein made the remarks about secretly recording Mr. Trump and about the 25th Amendment in meetings and conversations with other Justice Department and F.B.I. officials. Several people described the episodes, insisting on anonymity to discuss internal deliberations. The people were briefed either on the events themselves or on memos written by F.B.I. officials, including Andrew G. McCabe, then the acting bureau director, that documented Mr. Rosenstein’s actions and comments.

more
https://www.nytimes.com/2018/09/21/us/politics/rod-rosenstein-wear-wire-25th-amendment.html?smid=tw-nytimes&smtyp=cur
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline Frank Cannon

Rosenstein Suggested He Secretly Record Trump and Discussed 25th Amendment
« Reply #1 on: September 21, 2018, 06:09:53 pm »
https://www.nytimes.com/2018/09/21/us/politics/rod-rosenstein-wear-wire-25th-amendment.html

A Justice Department spokeswoman also provided a statement from a person who was present when Mr. Rosenstein proposed wearing a wire.

Offline Frank Cannon

Re: Rosenstein Suggested He Secretly Record Trump and Discussed 25th Amendment
« Reply #2 on: September 21, 2018, 06:10:22 pm »
Just breaking.

Offline Frank Cannon

« Reply #3 on: September 21, 2018, 06:16:15 pm »
TicToc by Bloomberg
‏Verified account @tictoc

TicToc by Bloomberg Retweeted Michael S. Schmidt

JUST IN: Rosenstein, who's overseeing the Russia investigation, suggested he secretly record Trump by wearing a wire and discussed recruiting cabinet members to invoke the 25th Amendment, The New York Times reports

TicToc by Bloomberg added,
Michael S. Schmidt
Verified account @nytmike
EXCLUSIVE: Rosenstein discussed invoking the 25th Amendment to oust Trump in the days after Comey was fired in May 2017. Rosenstein also discussed wearing a wire to secretly record his conversations with Trump. https://www.nytimes.com/2018/09/21/us/politics/rod-rosenstein-wear-wire-25th-amendment.html … w/@adamgoldmanNYT
10:56 AM - 21 Sep 2018

Offline Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
« Reply #4 on: September 21, 2018, 06:21:39 pm »
In the NY Times!!  :thud:
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline aligncare

« Reply #5 on: September 21, 2018, 06:28:04 pm »

Online 240B

• Lord of all things Orange!
  • TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...
« Reply #6 on: September 21, 2018, 06:30:02 pm »
It reads like another attempt by the NYT to muddy the water and to keep everything in turmoil as much as they possibly can. Maybe I missed it, but I did not get the point of the article. It was all just conjecture combined with claim and counter claim.
You cannot "COEXIST" with people who want to kill you.
If they kill their own with no conscience, there is nothing to stop them from killing you.
Rational fear and anger at vicious murderous Islamic terrorists is the same as irrational antisemitism, according to the Leftists.

Online DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
« Reply #7 on: September 21, 2018, 06:42:23 pm »
Just breaking.

Well, this will put Christine on the back burner for about 48 hrs. 
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Offline catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
« Reply #8 on: September 21, 2018, 06:51:21 pm »
So this little scheme could have been concocted or approved without Sessions?

I think they found their mole.
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Offline endicom

« Reply #9 on: September 21, 2018, 06:51:54 pm »

If true then they were after Trump just 4 months into his term. Or two months before his term. What do they fear?

Offline truth_seeker

• Common Sense Results Oriented Conservative Veteran
« Reply #10 on: September 21, 2018, 07:02:55 pm »
"Mr. Rosenstein disputed this account.
“The New York Times’s story is inaccurate and factually incorrect,” he said in a statement. “I will not further comment on a story based on anonymous sources who are obviously biased against the department and are advancing their own personal agenda. But let me be clear about this: Based on my personal dealings with the president, there is no basis to invoke the 25th Amendment.”

And finally Rod apologizes his #nevertrumper supporters, for not getting the job done.
"God must love the common man, he made so many of them.�  Abe Lincoln

Offline DB

« Reply #11 on: September 21, 2018, 07:06:02 pm »
If true then they were after Trump just 4 months into his term. Or two months before his term. What do they fear?

They are totally corrupt. They blatantly buried Benghazi, the Clinton foundation, Hillary's private unsecured Email server with highly classified documents on it that leaked all over the planet and a pay to play state department - and that's just the Clintons. They tried to heavily influence a presidential election for their preferred candidate. And that's just what we know about...

Online DCPatriot

« Reply #12 on: September 21, 2018, 07:09:09 pm »
They are totally corrupt. They blatantly buried Benghazi, the Clinton foundation, Hillary's private unsecured Email server with highly classified documents on it that leaked all over the planet and a pay to play state department - and that's just the Clintons. They tried to heavily influence a presidential election for their preferred candidate. And that's just what we know about...

"You'd better fix this shit...or else we're ALL gonna hang.   And if I go down, I'll take half of Washington, DC with me!"  ...Casey Stengel

wink777
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Offline Bigun

• The FairTax Plan
« Reply #13 on: September 21, 2018, 07:16:42 pm »

:amen:  All that and more!

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline Frank Cannon

« Reply #14 on: September 21, 2018, 07:19:14 pm »
Well, this will put Christine on the back burner for about 48 hrs.

Well that matter doesn't seem to be breaking their way so I guess the SLimes rummaged through their desks to find some distraction.

Online DCPatriot

« Reply #15 on: September 21, 2018, 07:25:29 pm »
Well that matter doesn't seem to be breaking their way so I guess the SLimes rummaged through their desks to find some distraction.

It's been suggested that Andrew McCabe said this while in CYA mode...to throw the scent off.

I think that it may be hearsay from Lisa Page's closed door interviews while she attended that meeting or Peter Strzok did and relayed it to her.

Offline Bigun

• The FairTax Plan
« Reply #16 on: September 21, 2018, 07:26:40 pm »
There was a story posted here sometime back about Rosenstein and Andrew McCabe being bosom buddies.  I'll see if I can dig that up.

- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline kevindavis007

« Reply #17 on: September 21, 2018, 07:28:35 pm »
I thought the New York Times was fake news? If so why people here are believing it?
Join The Reagan Caucus: https://reagancaucus.org/

Offline Frank Cannon

« Reply #18 on: September 21, 2018, 07:29:22 pm »
There was a story posted here sometime back about Rosenstein and Andrew McCabe being bosom buddies.  I'll see if I can dig that up.

That whole crowd are in deep together because they have been there forever and left to their own devices without supervision. You think Holder was trying to tamp down this subversion and criminality? He probably sent them all a Ramadan Lamb Leg every year as an atta boy.

Offline Frank Cannon

« Reply #19 on: September 21, 2018, 07:31:10 pm »
I thought the New York Times was fake news? If so why people here are believing it?

Yeah. Sorry for not getting your approval before I posted something so that we could all shit on one of your boys, Rosencreep, in the Justice Dept. Promise I won't do it again.

Offline libertybele

« Reply #20 on: September 21, 2018, 07:36:54 pm »

...and Rosenstein was involved in Uranium One ... which he conveniently helped cover up and continues to bury any evidence  of more recent actions that would cause Hillary to wear an orange jump suit.
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline Bigun

• The FairTax Plan
« Reply #21 on: September 21, 2018, 07:39:04 pm »
That whole crowd are in deep together because they have been there forever and left to their own devices without supervision. You think Holder was trying to tamp down this subversion and criminality? He probably sent them all a Ramadan Lamb Leg every year as an atta boy.

They are all made men in the Clinton Mafia!

- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline Frank Cannon

« Reply #22 on: September 21, 2018, 07:39:30 pm »
And it looks like there might be a paper trail that these stupid bastards left behind....

Mr. Rosenstein made the remarks about secretly recording Mr. Trump and about the 25th Amendment in meetings and conversations with other Justice Department and F.B.I. officials. Several people described the episodes, insisting on anonymity to discuss internal deliberations. The people were briefed either on the events themselves or on memos written by F.B.I. officials, including Andrew G. McCabe, then the acting bureau director, that documented Mr. Rosenstein’s actions and comments.

None of Mr. Rosenstein’s proposals apparently came to fruition. It is not clear how determined he was about seeing them through, though he did tell Mr. McCabe that he might be able to persuade Attorney General Jeff Sessions and John F. Kelly, then the secretary of homeland security and now the White House chief of staff, to mount an effort to invoke the 25th Amendment.

According to the NYT, this all happened during the spring of 2017, shortly after Trump cited a letter that Rosenstein had penned criticizing former FBI Director James Comey's handling of the Clinton probe as justification to fire Comey. Rosenstein reportedly felt he had been "used" by the president as an excuse to fire Comey. Rosenstein soon began telling colleagues that he would ultimately be "vindicated" for his role in Comey's firing. Around the same time, he began to express his displeasure with Trump's handling of the hiring process for Comey's replacement.

The president’s reliance on his memo caught Mr. Rosenstein by surprise, and he became angry at Mr. Trump, according to people who spoke to Mr. Rosenstein at the time. He grew concerned that his reputation had suffered harm and wondered whether Mr. Trump had motives beyond Mr. Comey’s treatment of Mrs. Clinton for ousting him, the people said.

A determined Mr. Rosenstein began telling associates that he would ultimately be “vindicated” for his role in the matter. One week after the firing, Mr. Rosenstein met with Mr. McCabe and at least four other senior Justice Department officials, in part to explain his role in the situation.

During their discussion, Mr. Rosenstein expressed frustration at how Mr. Trump had conducted the search for a new F.B.I. director, saying the president was failing to take the candidate interviews seriously. A handful of politicians and law enforcement officials, including Mr. McCabe, were under consideration.

https://www.zerohedge.com/news/2018-09-21/rosenstein-suggested-secretly-record-trump-discussed-25th-amendment

Offline jpsb

« Reply #23 on: September 21, 2018, 07:43:52 pm »
It's been suggested that Andrew McCabe said this while in CYA mode...to throw the scent off.

I think that it may be hearsay from Lisa Page's closed door interviews while she attended that meeting or Peter Strzok did and relayed it to her.

I'm hearing Liza Page flipped and I don't doubt it. But don't think she is the source for this. I'c going
with McCabe in CYA mode.

Offline mrclose

« Reply #24 on: September 21, 2018, 07:46:02 pm »
McCabe memos say Rosenstein considered secretly recording Trump

Memos written by Andrew McCabe, then the acting FBI director, say deputy attorney general Rod J. Rosenstein suggested he secretly record his talks with President Trump, and that Rosenstein discussed possibly trying to remove him from office, according to people familiar with the matter.

The account, first reported by the New York Times, paints Rosenstein as so concerned in May 2017 in the wake of Trump’s firing of then-FBI director James B. Comey that he contemplated secretly recording conversations with the president. He also initiated discussions about invoking the 25th amendment, which details how the Cabinet can decide whether a president is no longer able to discharge the duties of the job, one of the McCabe memos said.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/world/national-security/mccabe-memos-say-rosenstein-considered-secretly-recording-trump/2018/09/21/f4aa9a62-bdca-11e8-8792-78719177250f_story.html?utm_term=.8c00418be5fd
"Hell is empty, all the devil's are here!"
~ Self