Author Topic: Court refuses release of ‘Moroccan Barbie’ accused of unintentional murder  (Read 363 times)

Offline TomSea

• All deserve a trial if accused
Court refuses release of ‘Moroccan Barbie’ accused of unintentional murder
Monya Ghanemi – Al Arabiya.net Wednesday, 19 September 2018

The Moroccan judiciary refused to release Miss Morocco Nouhaila Lmelki who has been jailed while she waits trial on charges of killing of two homeless children by running them over in Marrakech earlier in September.

The Court of First Instance in Marrakech decided to postpone Lmelki’s trial until next Tuesday. Lmelki, dubbed Morroco’s Barbie, faces charges of “unintentional murder, excessive speeding and driving under the influence of alcohol.”

The penalty for unintentional murder in a car accident caused by the driver due to his inattention or negligence ranges between time in prison from three months to five years and a fine between 7,500 and 30,000 Moroccan dirham.

Read more at: https://english.alarabiya.net/en/News/north-africa/2018/09/19/Court-refuses-release-of-Moroccan-Barbie-accused-of-unintentional-murder.html

Sentences sound pretty mild. She should be fully punished. She ran over some poor homeless kids. Their life is bad enough. One hears stories about driving in the 3rd world, hit someone, drive on! 

We can and do treat drunk drivers leniently sometimes as well.

Sometimes, you don't know how alcohol will affect you, say especially, some hard liquor at a young age. I'm sure it's done a lot of damage.

I once lived next door to a guy who, everyone told me, was in a dwi accident, he was drunk and someone was killed, a young lady. I'm unsure if the young lady was with him or he had some sort of head-on crash, I didn't ask that. It certainly seemed like a dark cloud was over that apartment.  I wouldn't be able to live with myself.
« Last Edit: September 21, 2018, 05:28:11 pm by TomSea »