Author Topic: In tight re-election battle, Scott Walker doesn't see Trump's predicted 'red wave' in Wisconsin  (Read 237 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
In tight re-election battle, Scott Walker doesn't see Trump's predicted 'red wave' in Wisconsin
by Al Weaver
 | September 21, 2018 12:00 AM

SCHOFIELD, Wis. — Wisconsin Gov. Scott Walker has a message for Republican voters who believe the 2018 election is in the bag and that they shouldn't go to the polls in November: Stop being complacent.

For months, Walker, the two-term governor of the Badger State, has been sounding the alarm for voters to take the midterms seriously as he seeks a third term in office — a direct contrast with President Trump's repeated claim that a "red wave" is in the offing. Walker, who is in the latest iteration of a fight for his political life against Democratic challenger Tony Evers, isn't taking the idea face value as he worries about Republicans being at a massive disadvantage in November. He senses trouble.

"I warned people in January when there was this special election for the state Senate. I warned people in April on the [state] Supreme Court. I still even heard people today ... saying 'you've got no problem,' because they figure we won three times," Walker says during a stop at one of his campaign offices about two hours north of Madison.

more
https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/news/campaigns/in-tight-re-election-battle-scott-walker-doesnt-see-trumps-predicted-red-wave-in-wisconsin
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34