Poll

Will Christine Blasey Ford testify before the Senate Judiciary Comittee Monday?

Yes, She'll be there
2 (13.3%)
No, She'll chicken out
13 (86.7%)

Total Members Voted: 15

Voting closed: September 26, 2018, 07:52:25 pm

Author Topic: Kavanaugh Accuser Opens Negotiations on Testimony Next Week  (Read 1963 times)

Offline mrclose

Kavanaugh Accuser Opens Negotiations on Testimony Next Week
« on: September 20, 2018, 07:09:55 pm »

Uhhhh .... NO! :chairbang:

WASHINGTON — The woman who has accused Judge Brett M. Kavanaugh of sexual assault, in an apparent bid to jump-start negotiations, has told the Senate Judiciary Committee that she “would be prepared to testify next week,” so long as senators offer “terms that are fair and which ensure her safety,” according to an email her lawyers sent to committee staff members.

In the email, obtained by The New York Times, the lawyer for Christine Blasey Ford said that testifying Monday — the timetable Republicans have set for a hearing — “is not possible and the Committee’s insistence that it occur then is arbitrary in any event.” The lawyer reiterated that it is Dr. Blasey’s “strong preference” that “a full investigation” occur before her testimony — wording that stopped short of demanding an F.B.I. probe and suggested she is open to testifying without one.

https://www.nytimes.com/2018/09/20/us/politics/brett-kavanaugh-christine-blasey.html
"Hell is empty, all the devil's are here!"
~ Self

Online Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
Re: Kavanaugh Accuser Opens Negotiations on Testimony Next Week
« Reply #1 on: September 20, 2018, 07:16:23 pm »
Sorry.  Her 15 minutes are up.  Move to vote now and end this gwadamn circus that has been manufactured by the Rats.
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.

Offline TomSea

• All deserve a trial if accused
« Reply #2 on: September 20, 2018, 07:29:24 pm »
“a full investigation” occur before her testimony — wording that stopped short of demanding an F.B.I. probe and suggested she is open to testifying without one.

So, it's still a stall and little has changed.

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
« Reply #3 on: September 20, 2018, 07:33:13 pm »
Exactly, @TomSea.

Hey, @corbe, is there a poll as to whether or not she will show up?  I bet there's bets going somewhere on that question by now.

Online corbe

« Reply #4 on: September 20, 2018, 07:53:27 pm »
   Now with more poll goodness.  @Sanguine
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Online Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
« Reply #5 on: September 20, 2018, 07:57:17 pm »
   Now with more poll goodness.  @Sanguine

Oh shit.  Corbe fathered a poll.

Online catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
« Reply #6 on: September 20, 2018, 08:09:51 pm »
Uhhhh .... NO! :chairbang:

https://www.nytimes.com/2018/09/20/us/politics/brett-kavanaugh-christine-blasey.html

Perjury for the sake of one's personal political activism?  I hope she isn't that stupid.
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Online corbe

« Reply #7 on: September 20, 2018, 08:12:40 pm »
   Polling is a tough job, @The Ghost  but someone's got to do it.
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Online Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
« Reply #8 on: September 20, 2018, 08:17:30 pm »
Gee, folks...
What did I tell you?

Please take 30 seconds and read this:
http://www.gopbriefingroom.com/index.php/topic,332677.msg1798052.html#msg1798052

It ain't "over", 'till it's over.
We're not even "o'er the hump" yet...!

Offline austingirl

• Cruz 2016- a Constitutional Conservative at last!
« Reply #9 on: September 20, 2018, 08:33:45 pm »
She'll demand not to be questioned at all. No one can ask why she doesn't remember the date and location of the traumatic (imaginary) event that derailed her. Her high school yearbook will not be mentioned.
Principles matter. Words matter.

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
« Reply #10 on: September 20, 2018, 08:36:37 pm »
(Big) if she is there, she won't answer any inconvenient questions and will make all sorts of demands that make it impossible to get to the truth.  I voted "no".

Online Wingnut

« Reply #11 on: September 20, 2018, 08:36:54 pm »

Online corbe

« Reply #12 on: September 20, 2018, 08:37:25 pm »
Ford taps Obama, Clinton alum to navigate Senate hearing

BY TAL AXELROD - 09/20/18 03:32 PM

Dr. Christine Blasey Ford, the woman who accused Supreme Court nominee Brett Kavanaugh of committing sexual assault when they were in high school, has hired Democratic operative Ricki Seidman to help navigate a potential hearing in front of the Senate Judiciary Committee.

Seidman, now a senior principal at TSD Communications, confirmed her role in an interview with Politico.

Seidman worked as Joe Biden’s communication’s director during the 2008 general presidential election campaign after Biden was picked as Barack Obama’s running mate. She also assisted in guiding Sonia Sotomayor’s confirmation to the Supreme Court.

<..snip..>

https://thehill.com/homenews/senate/407662-ford-taps-obama-clinton-alum-to-navigate-senate-hearing

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
« Reply #13 on: September 20, 2018, 08:45:43 pm »
"navigate the hearing"?   

Offline andy58-in-nh

« Reply #14 on: September 20, 2018, 08:48:37 pm »
Ford taps Obama, Clinton alum to navigate Senate hearing

BY TAL AXELROD - 09/20/18 03:32 PM

Dr. Christine Blasey Ford, the woman who accused Supreme Court nominee Brett Kavanaugh of committing sexual assault when they were in high school, has hired Democratic operative Ricki Seidman to help navigate a potential hearing in front of the Senate Judiciary Committee.

Seidman, now a senior principal at TSD Communications, confirmed her role in an interview with Politico.

Seidman worked as Joe Biden’s communication’s director during the 2008 general presidential election campaign after Biden was picked as Barack Obama’s running mate. She also assisted in guiding Sonia Sotomayor’s confirmation to the Supreme Court.

<..snip..>

https://thehill.com/homenews/senate/407662-ford-taps-obama-clinton-alum-to-navigate-senate-hearing
And (surprise!!!):

Seidman, a senior principal at TSD Communications, in the past worked as an investigator for Sen. Ted Kennedy, and was involved with Anita Hill’s decision to testify against Supreme Court Nominee Clarence Thomas.
"The most terrifying force of death, comes from the hands of Men who wanted to be left Alone. They try, so very hard, to mind their own business and provide for themselves and those they love. They resist every impulse to fight back, knowing the forced and permanent change of life that will come from it. They know, that the moment they fight back, their lives as they have lived them, are over. -Alexander Solzhenitsyn

Online Wingnut

« Reply #15 on: September 20, 2018, 08:50:05 pm »
"navigate the hearing"?

Line coach.  She needs a lot of rehearsal time with an acting coach.  Must stay on script and sound convincing.

Online corbe

« Reply #16 on: September 20, 2018, 08:55:25 pm »
   Sandra Fluck v2.0

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
« Reply #17 on: September 20, 2018, 08:56:34 pm »
Line coach.  She needs a lot of rehearsal time with an acting coach.  Must stay on script and sound convincing.

Expect a lot of crying....and more claims of bullying the witness/accuser/liar
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
« Reply #18 on: September 20, 2018, 09:00:24 pm »
Repubs should get one person to ask her questions..preferably a woman who was once a prosecutor

Not good optics to have a whole bunch of men asking questions to a poor defenseless almost rape victim............/s
Support the USO

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”

Online corbe

« Reply #19 on: September 20, 2018, 09:05:05 pm »
   GOP got played again.

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
« Reply #20 on: September 20, 2018, 09:08:15 pm »
   GOP got played again.

They always do....I really expect Kavanaugh to withdraw...I feel so sorry for this man.
Support the USO

Online Wingnut

« Reply #21 on: September 20, 2018, 09:12:29 pm »
They always do....I really expect Kavanaugh to withdraw...I feel so sorry for this man.

Did Clarence Thomas withdraw?  Hell no.  He fought and called the ass holes trying to "lynch" him what they were. 

Offline austingirl

• Cruz 2016- a Constitutional Conservative at last!
« Reply #22 on: September 20, 2018, 09:17:45 pm »

Kavanagh is fighting back. I hope he doesn't withdraw.
Principles matter. Words matter.

Online catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
« Reply #23 on: September 20, 2018, 09:22:51 pm »
Kavanagh is fighting back. I hope he doesn't withdraw.

I don't think withdrawing is an option.  Getting another candidate vetted, groomed, and confirmed by January 20, 2019 might not be easy.

(in case unthinkably the GOP loses the senate)
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
« Reply #24 on: September 20, 2018, 09:26:11 pm »
Did Clarence Thomas withdraw?  Hell no.  He fought and called the ass holes trying to "lynch" him what they were.

These are different times...I gotta stop watching this my bp is sky high and now the last two nights I am dreaming about it.. **nononono*
Support the USO