Author Topic: Chuck Grassley sets Friday deadline for Christine Blasey Ford if she intends to testify  (Read 591 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Chuck Grassley sets Friday deadline for Christine Blasey Ford if she intends to testify
by Melissa Quinn
 | September 19, 2018 02:58 PM

Senate Judiciary Committee Chairman Chuck Grassley, R-Iowa, has informed lawyers for Christine Blasey Ford, a California professor who accused Supreme Court nominee Brett Kavanaugh of sexually assaulting her 36 years ago, that if she wishes to testify Monday before the panel about her claim, she must turn in prepared testimony to the committee by Friday morning.

Grassley outlined the requirement, citing committee rules, in a new letter sent to Ford's lawyers, Debra Katz and Lisa Banks, on Wednesday. The Iowa senator also continued to encourage Ford to testify before the panel.

“The Constitution assigns the Senate, and only the Senate, with the task of advising the president on his nominee and consenting to the nomination if the circumstances merit. We have no power to commandeer an executive branch agency into conducting our due diligence,” Grassley wrote in a letter. “The job of assessing and investigating a nominee’s qualifications in order to decide whether to consent to the nomination is ours, and ours alone.”

more
https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/news/chuck-grassley-sets-friday-deadline-for-christine-blasey-ford-if-she-intends-to-testify
« Last Edit: September 19, 2018, 08:03:48 pm by mystery-ak »
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline Emjay

• Womp, womp
She won't show and she will claim that she's too afraid because she and her family have had death threats, blah, blah, blah.
Against stupidity, the Gods themselves contend in vain.

Offline Frank Cannon

Well at least this shriveled old man is trying to reign this shit carnival in.

Offline bilo

“The job of assessing and investigating a nominee’s qualifications in order to decide whether to consent to the nomination is ours, and ours alone.”

I hope the kabuki theater ends pretty soon. Grassley should have called out Feinstein for the piece of garbage she is and shut this down from the get go. The problem though is the same problem we always have, "moderate" Pubs not holding the line. This kind of crap is not going to stop.

Now, how does Kavanaugh get his reputation back?
A stranger in a hostile foreign land I used to call home

Offline Right_in_Virginia

I think Grassley's doing a very good job walking through landmines on both sides of the aisle.

Offline skeeter

She won't show and she will claim that she's too afraid because she and her family have had death threats, blah, blah, blah.

I'm betting the rats will trot out one or two other friends of her's to corroborate her story.

No evidence, just heresay. Anything to delay the vote.

Grassley is not pleased with Ms. Feinstein:  [Rumors of ethics charges against her could be heard today]

« Last Edit: September 19, 2018, 11:37:04 pm by Right_in_Virginia »

Letter to Ford's attorneys:

Offline Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
DiFi should be expelled from the senate ASAP!
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline bilo

DiFi should be expelled from the senate ASAP!

If there are no consequences for this type of crap it will continue.

Offline Applewood

He is standing tough.  I just hope he doesn't cave.  Republicans have of late become experts at caving.

Offline Idiot

Chuck Grassley sets Friday deadline for Christine Blasey Ford if she intends to testify
by Melissa Quinn
 | September 19, 2018 02:58 PM

Senate Judiciary Committee Chairman Chuck Grassley, R-Iowa, has informed lawyers for Christine Blasey Ford, a California professor who accused Supreme Court nominee Brett Kavanaugh of sexually assaulting her 36 years ago, that if she wishes to testify Monday before the panel about her claim, she must turn in prepared testimony to the committee by Friday morning.

Grassley outlined the requirement, citing committee rules, in a new letter sent to Ford's lawyers, Debra Katz and Lisa Banks, on Wednesday. The Iowa senator also continued to encourage Ford to testify before the panel.

“The Constitution assigns the Senate, and only the Senate, with the task of advising the president on his nominee and consenting to the nomination if the circumstances merit. We have no power to commandeer an executive branch agency into conducting our due diligence,” Grassley wrote in a letter. “The job of assessing and investigating a nominee’s qualifications in order to decide whether to consent to the nomination is ours, and ours alone.”

more
https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/news/chuck-grassley-sets-friday-deadline-for-christine-blasey-ford-if-she-intends-to-testify
Ok...I don't know why...but I think she'll testify on Monday.  Things are MUCH TOO QUIET and I feel as though there is another shoe to drop.

Online catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
Ok...I don't know why...but I think she'll testify on Monday.  Things are MUCH TOO QUIET and I feel as though there is another shoe to drop.

No I am guessing this was a high stakes Hail Mary pass that the dims hoped would derail the nomination on hearsay alone.

Even her sponsor Difi has admitted she doesn't think her story is totally accurate.  Just don't see the lady risking a perjury charge for a political stunt.
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Online corbe

My Money's on Grassley and his wingman, Cocaine Mitch, to cram this nomination through, just as they did Gorsuch.   
   Sometimes the means does indeed, justify the ends.     
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Offline bilo

My Money's on Grassley and his wingman, Cocaine Mitch, to cram this nomination through, just as they did Gorsuch.   
   Sometimes the means does indeed, justify the ends. 

We are on the same page!

When you're dealing with an enemy who has no morals they know no shame. As a result anything goes, if you fight them with you're hands tied you lose. You can feel good about your high morals, but you lost.

Online Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.

If there is another shoe the rats are still working with a cobbler to create it.   I think they emptied all the dirty tricks from storage so they have to make up some new ones.
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.