Author Topic: Rubio asks DOJ to determine if Kerry violated federal laws meeting with Iranian officials  (Read 540 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Rubio asks DOJ to determine if Kerry violated federal laws meeting with Iranian officials
By Benjamin Brown | Fox News

Sen. Marco Rubio, R-Fla., requested that the Justice Department look into whether former Secretary of State John Kerry violated federal laws by meeting with the Iranian foreign minister, a move already blasted by top Trump administration officials.

In a letter to Attorney General Jeff Sessions on Tuesday obtained exclusively by Fox News, Rubio said that Americans “deserve to know that U.S. laws are enforced regardless of any individual’s past position.” He encouraged the department to determine whether Kerry violated the Logan Act or the Foreign Agents Registration Act.

The Logan Act prohibits unauthorized personnel to negotiate with a foreign government in relation to any disputes with the U.S., whereas the Foreign Agents Registration Act is a statute that requires persons or companies acting on behalf of foreign governments, political parties or individuals to disclose details of their interactions.

Last week, Secretary of State Mike Pompeo blasted his predecessor for "actively undermining" U.S. policy by holding meetings with Mohammad Javad Zarif since leaving office. Pompeo called it "unseemly and unprecedented" and "beyond inappropriate."

more
http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2018/09/18/rubio-asks-doj-to-determine-if-kerry-violated-federals-laws-meeting-with-iranian-officials.html

Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
Rubio is not entirely useless.

Offline Applewood

Rubio is not entirely useless.

Still can't trust him and will not vote for him.

Good on him for at least trying here.  But I doubt there will be an investigation or if there is, it will be a complete whitewash.

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
Still can't trust him and will not vote for him.

Good on him for at least trying here.  But I doubt there will be an investigation or if there is, it will be a complete whitewash.

Agreed on all counts.

Offline 240B

• Lord of all things Orange!
  • TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...
HAHAHAHAHAHAHA! Oh shit man. That is funny. Just bizarre that after all this time that ANYONE would expect Jeff Sessions to do ANYTHING. The most likely thing is he hasn't been to work for a couple of weeks now.

The the DOJ is closed for business. The only thing they do these days is prosecute any Republican they can find, seize money and goods from private citizens, and make speeches about how bad MS13 is. That pretty much sums it up.

But yea, expecting Sessions to actually DO something is ridiculous. All he wants to do is to hide in his locked office, play Fortnite all day, and wait it out until he is finally fired.

Sessions will do nothing to Kerry. One, he is a Democrat, and Two, he is a made man in the Clinton crime syndicate. Kerry is a made man. The most Sessions would ever 'dare' do to Kerry is to buy him dinner, if Kerry would ever agree to meet up with him. Please Mr. Kerry. Pretty Please...I'm buying...
You cannot "COEXIST" with people who want to kill you.
If they kill their own with no conscience, there is nothing to stop them from killing you.
Rational fear and anger at vicious murderous Islamic terrorists is the same as irrational antisemitism, according to the Leftists.