Author Topic: Study: If you favor Jif peanut butter over Skippy, you’re probably a conservative  (Read 6027 times)

Offline Frank Cannon

Otherwise, usually what's on special.

Lamar, that doesn't mean you are Conservative or Liberal. It means you are just a cheap son of a bitch.

Online roamer_1

Well, I'll be damned.... it's Jif creamy peanut butter.   I had to run and check.   wink777

See @INVAR ??   Now get the hell off my back.   :laugh:

Yeah @DCPatriot ... But you had to run and check. Speaks volumes.
 :tongue2:

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
Lamar, that doesn't mean you are Conservative or Liberal. It means you are just a cheap son of a bitch.

Cheap?  Have you priced the Future Essentials?
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Online roamer_1

[https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XfR9iY5y94s#]

Yes, quite.
Vegemite brings chunder.

Offline Frank Cannon

Cheap?  Have you priced the Future Essentials?

I thought that was a can of government peanut butter. Didn't know it was nonsense for preppers.

Online Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
Yes, quite.
Vegemite brings chunder.

Beer flowing  brings the chunder.   I don't know wtf Vegemite brings!
« Last Edit: September 17, 2018, 11:53:54 pm by The Ghost »
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
I thought that was a can of government peanut butter. Didn't know it was nonsense for preppers.

They have a whole line of that prepper stuff.  $8,500 will get you a four-year supple (for one person).
« Last Edit: September 18, 2018, 12:07:45 am by Cyber Liberty »
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Offline Frank Cannon

They have a whole line of that prepper stuff.  $8,500 will get you a four-year supple (for one person).

Well when the apocalypse hits, your going to be wishing you dropped that $8500 for canned breadcrumbs and low grade peanut butter.

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
Well when the apocalypse hits, your going to be wishing you dropped that $8500 for canned breadcrumbs and low grade peanut butter.

If the apocolypse hits 40 years from now, you're golden with the Future Essentials.
I will NOT comply.

Offline Frank Cannon

If the apocolypse hits 40 years from now, you're golden with the Future Essentials.

Someone told me it already happened.

Online roamer_1

I am golden either way... Because I can quite readily deduce that I will not be here 40 years from now...
And most of my long term storage is dehydrated and freeze dried. Thrive Life ... And it is just a normal part of my pantry.

Offline IsailedawayfromFR

Skippy started from a pickle factory in California.  Maybe Mad Maxine grew up eating it.

Has to be Jif for this conservative.

DOI:10.7312/columbia/9780231162333.003.0006
This chapter charts the history of the Skippy brand of peanut butter. Skippy was launched in 1933, five years after Peter Pan, amid the Great Depression. Skippy peanut butter was the brainchild of Joseph Rosefield (birth name Rosenfield), a native of Louisville, Kentucky. The Rosefield Packing Company would be the most successful business to come out of Alameda, California. Before the company turned its attention exclusively to the manufacture of peanut butter, it was one of the largest pickle makers in the state of California. By the 1920s the Rosefield Packing Company was making its first brand of peanut butter called Luncheon. Rosefield then developed a more successful concept and patented it: stabilizing peanut butter via the process of hydrogenation. Skippy peanut butter expanded rapidly. When Skippy turned profitable in 1940, it began to advertise. Skippy would eventually become America's best-selling peanut butter for more than thirty years.
« Last Edit: September 18, 2018, 10:21:19 pm by IsailedawayfromFR »
No punishment, in my opinion, is too great, for the man who can build his greatness upon his country's ruin~  George Washington

Offline RoosGirl

Smuckers natural is the best.

Online Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
Smuckers natural is the best.

You are nutz.  That greasy ass stuff on the top when you open the jar looks like someone sharted in the jar.

Offline Frank Cannon

You are nutz.  That greasy ass stuff on the top when you open the jar looks like someone sharted in the jar.

Don't listen to that batty prepper broad. Her definition of haute cuisine is cooking a dead rat on a stick over a tire fire.

Online Wingnut

Don't listen to that batty prepper broad. Her definition of haute cuisine is cooking a dead rat on a stick over a tire fire.

She has a enough used tires around her trailer to cook vittles for a year! 

Offline Frank Cannon

She has a enough used tires around her trailer to cook vittles for a year!

She can't burn too many. That would destroy the habitat of her lucrative mosquito farm.

Online Wingnut

She can't burn too many. That would destroy the habitat of her lucrative mosquito farm.

Ah...A west nile farm!   Well there is an untaped market.

Offline the_doc

Is there a difference between the two?  I really don't even pay attention. Usually what is on sale that is chunky.

Gosh, I certainly don't like chunky Grey Poupon.

Offline Frank Cannon

Gosh, I certainly don't like chunky Grey Poupon.

I don't either, but if you can find the Chunky Milk on the discount rack you are in for a treat. It is a whole new experience.

Online Wingnut

I don't either, but if you can find the Chunky Milk on the discount rack you are in for a treat. It is a whole new experience.

Good stuff!  If you love the taste going down you are in for a real treat on its return!

Offline Frank Cannon

Good stuff!  If you love the taste going down you are in for a real treat on its return!

It's about the same isn't it?

« Last Edit: September 19, 2018, 12:23:53 am by Frank Cannon »

Offline RoosGirl

That "greasy ass stuff on the top" is peanut oil.  It would separate out of regular peanut butter if they didn't add hydrogenated oil to keep it from separating.  You can pour the peanut oil off and then give the jar a mix with a long spoon or knife and stick it in the fridge and it's perfect.

Offline Gefn

• "And though she be but little she is fierce"-Shakespeare
  • Cat Mod
  • Quos Deus Vult Perdere Prius Dementat
I like crunchy over smooth
G-d bless America. G-d bless us all                                 

Adopt a puppy or kitty from your local shelter
Or an older dog or cat. They're true love❤️

Online Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
I was allergic to peanut butter as a kid (got hives from it).
I never touch the stuff.