Author Topic: Poll: McSally takes lead over Sinema in Arizona Senate race  (Read 930 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Poll: McSally takes lead over Sinema in Arizona Senate race
« on: September 12, 2018, 05:52:10 pm »
By Tal Axelrod - 09/12/18 10:18 AM EDT

Rep. Martha McSally (R-Ariz.) has taken a narrow lead over Rep. Kyrsten Sinema (D-Ariz.) in the Senate race to replace retiring Sen. Jeff Flake (R-Ariz.) according to a new ABC15–OH Predictive Insights poll released Wednesday.

It is McSally's first lead in the poll that comes just under eight weeks before the midterm elections.

The poll shows McSally overtaking Sinema with 49 percent of the likely vote compared to Sinema’s 46 percent, a difference that falls within the margin of error. Sinema had led by 6 points in the poll earlier this year.

Both candidates enjoy positive favorability ratings by similar margins. McSally has a 49-39 favorable/unfavorable rating, and Sinema has a 47-38 favorable/unfavorable rating.

more
http://thehill.com/homenews/campaign/406239-poll-mcsally-overtakes-sinema-in-arizona-senate-race
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline Hoodat

Re: Poll: McSally takes lead over Sinema in Arizona Senate race
« Reply #1 on: September 12, 2018, 05:58:38 pm »
Before this one's over, the Dems will be pulling Gabby Giffords out of retirement and sending her out to hit the campaign trail.

(Meanwhile, Conservative judge John Roll is still dead)
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."

-Ayn Rand-

Online Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
« Reply #2 on: September 12, 2018, 06:19:03 pm »
Before this one's over, the Dems will be pulling Gabby Giffords out of retirement and sending her out to hit the campaign trail.

Camera Hogg could head her campaign.
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.

Offline Emjay

• Womp, womp
« Reply #3 on: September 12, 2018, 06:49:40 pm »
By Tal Axelrod - 09/12/18 10:18 AM EDT

Rep. Martha McSally (R-Ariz.) has taken a narrow lead over Rep. Kyrsten Sinema (D-Ariz.) in the Senate race to replace retiring Sen. Jeff Flake (R-Ariz.) according to a new ABC15–OH Predictive Insights poll released Wednesday.

It is McSally's first lead in the poll that comes just under eight weeks before the midterm elections.

The poll shows McSally overtaking Sinema with 49 percent of the likely vote compared to Sinema’s 46 percent, a difference that falls within the margin of error. Sinema had led by 6 points in the poll earlier this year.

Both candidates enjoy positive favorability ratings by similar margins. McSally has a 49-39 favorable/unfavorable rating, and Sinema has a 47-38 favorable/unfavorable rating.

more
http://thehill.com/homenews/campaign/406239-poll-mcsally-overtakes-sinema-in-arizona-senate-race

Great news about McSally and it shows a trend.  I hope she wins.
Against stupidity, the Gods themselves contend in vain.

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #4 on: September 12, 2018, 06:54:05 pm »
Great news about McSally and it shows a trend.  I hope she wins.

@Emjay

There is a very good chance of it.  She was the best candidate to come out of the Primary, and she won it with >50%.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline cato potatoe

« Reply #5 on: September 12, 2018, 07:08:20 pm »
Like so many races, it's one that may tilt either way, depending on news events from elsewhere.  At least she closed the gap from earlier.

Offline Frank Cannon

« Reply #6 on: September 12, 2018, 07:18:07 pm »
Like so many races, it's one that may tilt either way, depending on news events from elsewhere. 

Can't that be said of absolutely every single US election since the beginning of time?

Offline Free Vulcan

• Technical
  • Ah, the air is so much fresher here...
« Reply #7 on: September 12, 2018, 07:54:46 pm »
I've noticed a number of polls that are trending the GOP's direction.

Considering that most are using Dem friendly samples, the DNC has got to be crapping their pants right now, slightly less than two months out.
The Republic is lost.

Offline Frank Cannon

« Reply #8 on: September 12, 2018, 07:57:40 pm »

Considering that most are using Dem friendly samples, the DNC has got to be crapping their pants right now, slightly less than two months out.

I have seen the same thing, yet all you see are MSM stories showing the Rats are going to stomp the GOP. This feels like 2016 all over again.

Online Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
« Reply #9 on: September 12, 2018, 08:12:39 pm »
If I hear "Historically the party in power loses seats in the midterm elections"

You know what CNN ....history doesn't mean squat in elections anymore.

Offline Free Vulcan

• Technical
« Reply #10 on: September 12, 2018, 11:43:15 pm »
If I hear "Historically the party in power loses seats in the midterm elections"

You know what CNN ....history doesn't mean squat in elections anymore.

You ain't joking. I'm hesitant to even make too many parallels to the last mid-term, '14. The situation is as dynamic as it's been since the late '60's, if not the Civil War.
The Republic is lost.

Offline Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
« Reply #11 on: September 12, 2018, 11:49:16 pm »

@Free Vulcan

Look for that trend to continue as time passes and the election gets closer.
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline LMAO

« Reply #12 on: September 12, 2018, 11:51:56 pm »
The only prediction I make for this November is there will be elections and they’ll be winners and losers
I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them.

Barry Goldwater

http://www.usdebtclock.org

My Avatar is my adult autistic son Tommy

Offline Formerly Once-Ler

« Reply #13 on: September 13, 2018, 12:45:15 am »
It is hard to understate my gratitude that the other 2 GOP candidates were recognized as the jokes they were.  Good luck McCainSally. Erk, sputter,  I mean McSally

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #14 on: September 13, 2018, 01:44:10 am »
It is hard to understate my gratitude that the other 2 GOP candidates were recognized as the jokes they were.  Good luck McCainSally. Erk, sputter,  I mean McSally

McCainSally?  If McSally wins in November, do I have you smearing her no matter what she does, like Trump, to look forward to?
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Online Wingnut

« Reply #15 on: September 13, 2018, 01:50:20 am »
McCainSally?  If McSally wins in November, do I have you smearing her no matter what she does, like Trump, to look forward to?

Do muslums date goats?

Offline Formerly Once-Ler

« Reply #16 on: September 13, 2018, 05:43:54 am »

If she moderates her voting enough to get re-elected 6 years later, I'm pretty sure that will be your job.  Darlings of the right have extremely short shelf lives.

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #17 on: September 13, 2018, 12:50:40 pm »
If she moderates her voting enough to get re-elected 6 years later, I'm pretty sure that will be your job.  Darlings of the right have extremely short shelf lives.

I hear ya.  This is the state that put McStain back in time after time, knowing what he is.  I do want to give her a chance first.  Meanwhile, we have another Senatorial election in 2020, because Kyl is only going to warm McStain's old seat until then.  I wonder if Ward is planning on running again?

McSally wasn't exactly the most conservative Representative in the other House of Congress (liberal Tucson was in her district), so she bears close watching.
I will NOT comply.

Offline Free Vulcan

• Technical
« Reply #18 on: September 13, 2018, 01:29:46 pm »
One thing about McSally is that if she wins, I doubt she will rock the boat much her first term and go along with the caucus. I hope anyway.
The Republic is lost.