Author Topic: Democrats boast 10-point lead over Republicans on generic congressional ballot: Poll  (Read 471 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Democrats boast 10-point lead over Republicans on generic congressional ballot: Poll
by Anna Giaritelli
 | September 12, 2018 10:07 AM

Democrats now have the largest lead over Republicans since December in a hypothetical congressional match-up as both parties close in on the midterm elections, according to a Morning Consult/Politico poll released Wednesday.

Among registered voters polled Sept. 6-9, 45 percent said they would pick a liberal, compared with 35 percent who said they would select a conservative in a generic congressional race.

Another 19 percent of voters said they do not know which party's candidate they would support, the survey found.

The uptick in support for Democrats comes as President Trump's approval rating sits at 41 percent. The majority of voters — 55 percent — did not voice support for his administration.

In mid-December, Democrats held a 10-point advantage over Republicans in the same poll, but the GOP closed that gap for a few months, although the narrow lead was within the margin of error.

In February, more U.S. voters said they would pick a Republican congressional candidate than a Democrat, making it the first time in three months that the GOP had the lead in the generic ballot.

That survey found 39 percent of registered voters would pick a Republican candidate compared with the 38 percent who said they would vote for a Democrat.

The September online survey was conducted among 1,988 voters nationwide and had a 2 percentage point margin of error.

https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/news/democrats-boast-10-point-lead-over-republicans-on-generic-congressional-ballot-poll
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
YAWN!!!
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Online Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
YAWN!!!

888high58888

When a "generic" votes let us know.
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.

Offline Emjay

• Womp, womp
Against stupidity, the Gods themselves contend in vain.

Offline Free Vulcan

• Technical
  • Ah, the air is so much fresher here...
Four generic polls out today, all with wildly differing results:

2018 Generic Congressional Vote    Economist/YouGov    Democrats 44, Republicans 41    Democrats +3
2018 Generic Congressional Vote    NPR/Marist    Democrats 50, Republicans 38    Democrats +12
2018 Generic Congressional Vote    Rasmussen Reports    Democrats 46, Republicans 42    Democrats +4
2018 Generic Congressional Vote    Quinnipiac    Democrats 52, Republicans 38    Democrats +14

With the Dem leaning samples I've seen, if I were the DNC I wouldn't be comfortable at anything under a Dem +10.
The Republic is lost.

Online Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
Why don't they just call it a poll where we called a bunch of people who probably wont/are ineligible/are illegal aliens  to vote and see who they will vote for if they could.

tri22
« Last Edit: September 12, 2018, 08:10:25 pm by The Ghost »
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.

Offline 240B

• Lord of all things Orange!
  • TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...
This is Great! Bring on the Blue Wave. LOL The Dems are obsessed with bragging about how much they are going to win. And that is fine with me. All they are doing is convincing their base that there is no need for them to go through all the trouble to vote. And, it motivates the Republican base.

These polls help us much more than they do anything for the Dems, except to feed their inflated egos. Haha love it...
You cannot "COEXIST" with people who want to kill you.
If they kill their own with no conscience, there is nothing to stop them from killing you.
Rational fear and anger at vicious murderous Islamic terrorists is the same as irrational antisemitism, according to the Leftists.