Author Topic: The Democratic establishment roars back  (Read 711 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
The Democratic establishment roars back
« on: September 12, 2018, 03:04:47 pm »
 The Democratic establishment roars back

What the 2020 contenders learned from the four early presidential state primaries this year.

By NATASHA KORECKI

09/12/2018 05:09 AM EDT

The primary election season is close to finished. Nearly all of the November midterm match-ups are set.

And now that New Hampshire settled its primary contests Tuesday, there’s a little more clarity about the landscape in another much-anticipated election: the 2020 presidential race.

For the first time since Donald Trump’s election, voters in Iowa, Nevada, South Carolina and New Hampshire — the four critical early presidential states — have spoken in statewide and congressional elections, offering a glimpse into what the massive Democratic presidential field can expect in the 2020 primaries.

What are the lessons of the 2018 early-state primaries? Democrats are sick of losing. In statewide contests, they didn’t back hardline Bernie Sanders or Hillary Clinton-aligned candidates so much as candidates who had a message they care about and a solid campaign operation.

Even typically left-leaning Iowa Democrats ushered in a more centrist candidate who seemed best positioned to win in a general election. And in each of the gubernatorial contests in these states, old-school campaign tactics still seemed to work — the Democrat who spent the most on TV messaging was the victor.

more
https://www.politico.com/story/2018/09/12/2020-democrats-early-states-midterms-815792
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Online Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
Re: The Democratic establishment roars back
« Reply #1 on: September 12, 2018, 03:06:48 pm »
There is NOTHING "democratic" about the Democrat Party!
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline Frank Cannon

« Reply #2 on: September 12, 2018, 03:14:02 pm »
Love how this water carrier for the Left at Polutico is overlooking all the radicals that made it through Primaries. You also have the head of the DNC and his lackey pushing the party even farther left.

Online Maj. Bill Martin

• I'll make Mincemeat out of 'em"
« Reply #3 on: September 12, 2018, 03:20:13 pm »
You also have the head of the DNC and his lackey pushing the party even farther left.

Good point.  The head of the DNC used to be an "establishment" position.  Now, it is controlled by the radical leftists.

Offline skeeter

« Reply #4 on: September 12, 2018, 03:21:49 pm »
Look for the democrat party to continue to roar right up until about two weeks before the election, when suddenly races will tighten. Then, as usual, what actually happens will bear no resemblance at all to the previous three months of media forecasts.

Online Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
« Reply #5 on: September 12, 2018, 04:27:23 pm »
Look for the democrat party to continue to roar right up until about two weeks before the election, when suddenly races will tighten. Then, as usual, what actually happens will bear no resemblance at all to the previous three months of media forecasts.

Yup!  Never fails! 
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline Emjay

• Womp, womp
« Reply #6 on: September 12, 2018, 05:43:23 pm »
Good point.  The head of the DNC used to be an "establishment" position.  Now, it is controlled by the radical leftists.

Yes.  The democrat party has taken an even scarier turn.  They are now the Dark Side and the enemy of the people.

That's why all Republicans, even those who are currently mad as hell, need to realize that we cannot let pique with various senators or the President lull us into letting the democrats get any power ever.
Against stupidity, the Gods themselves contend in vain.

Online Hoodat

« Reply #7 on: September 12, 2018, 05:51:43 pm »
The last time I saw this much confidence from the Democrats, Hillary Clinton was running for President.
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."

-Ayn Rand-

Online Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
« Reply #8 on: September 12, 2018, 05:53:10 pm »
The last time I saw this much confidence from the Democrats, Hillary Clinton was running for President.

LOL. 

Yep. 
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.

Offline skeeter

« Reply #9 on: September 12, 2018, 05:54:46 pm »

Score.

Offline To-Whose-Benefit?

• Wulf Anson Author
« Reply #10 on: September 13, 2018, 10:04:23 pm »
Democrats do nothing but roar.

So why is their roaring news now?
My 'Viking Hunter' High Adventure Alternate History Series is FREE, ALL 3 volumes, at most ebook retailers including Ibooks, Barnes and Noble, Kobo, and more.

In Vol 2 the weapons come out in a winner take all war on two fronts.

Vol 3 opens with the rigged murder trial of the villain in a Viking Court under Viking law to set the stage for the hero's own murder trial.

http://wulfanson.blogspot.com