Author Topic: Never Forget!  (Read 2075 times)

Offline darroll

Re: Never Forget!
« Reply #25 on: September 11, 2018, 05:45:00 pm »
We won't forget.

Offline Sighlass

• Didn't vote for McCain Dole Romney Trump !
« Reply #26 on: September 11, 2018, 06:08:39 pm »
I dread this day every year, not only did a scumbag Muslim terrorize a nation, but 10 years later my mom died on this day. Yes, I still cry and I am now.
« Last Edit: September 11, 2018, 06:09:33 pm by Sighlass »
Exodus 18:21 Furthermore, you shall select out of all the people able men who fear God, men of truth, those who hate dishonest gain; and you shall place these over them as leaders over ....

Offline verga

I can understand the acute cases, people who took ill immediately after being exposed to toxins in concentrated amounts.

But I do not know how it is possible to definitively link events on 9/11 to illnesses and deaths 17 years down the road. The human body is not that delicate.
WTC was one of the last buildings that legally had Asbestos as a building material. It was used in quite a bit of the structure.
When the towers collapsed the ACBM dust was spread far and wide. The incubation period for some of the cancers can be up to 20 years.
In a time of universal deceit - telling the truth is a revolutionary act.
�More than any other time in history, mankind faces a crossroads. One path leads to despair and utter hopelessness. The other, to total extinction. Let us pray we have the wisdom to choose correctly.�-Woody Allen
If God invented marathons to keep people from doing anything more stupid, the triathlon must have taken him completely by surprise.

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
WTC was one of the last buildings that legally had Asbestos as a building material. It was used in quite a bit of the structure.
When the towers collapsed the ACBM dust was spread far and wide. The incubation period for some of the cancers can be up to 20 years.

Not to mention for the first couple days the first responders (minus the firemen) didn't have any kind of respirators or masks to protect themselves from all of the dust in the air and the smoke from the burning rubble.
The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Here lies in honored glory an American soldier, known but to God

THE ESTABLISHMENT IS THE PROBLEM...NOT THE SOLUTION

Republicans Don't Need A Back Bench...They Need a BACKBONE!

Offline endicom

I can understand the acute cases, people who took ill immediately after being exposed to toxins in concentrated amounts.

But I do not know how it is possible to definitively link events on 9/11 to illnesses and deaths 17 years down the road. The human body is not that delicate.

As with Agent Orange, you'd have to compare the exposed group with the general population to get an idea of the actual effect of exposure. I should be among the Agent Orange exposed, BTW.

Offline Applewood

« Reply #30 on: September 11, 2018, 06:43:37 pm »
We won't forget.

We have to remember -- because in the near future those way younger than us will not know anything about 9-11 because their history books will have been scrubbed and everything commemorative of that day will be wiped out.  I read not long ago that some college decreed that the term "Never Forget" was somehow racist or offensive to Muslims.  Before long, like all the Civil War statues and confederate flags, all remembrances of 9-11 will be destroyed. 
« Last Edit: September 11, 2018, 07:45:23 pm by Applewood »

Offline montanajoe

« Reply #31 on: September 12, 2018, 12:52:32 am »
I was 50 then, went down to a recruiter in October looking for any way to get back in but all they had was NG maybe...

Still a bit mystified why the military cannot take a fit RA guy, with no medical issues,  that has been there done that irregardless of age.. :shrug:
« Last Edit: September 12, 2018, 12:53:28 am by montanajoe »

Offline truth_seeker

• Common Sense Results Oriented Conservative Veteran
« Reply #32 on: September 12, 2018, 05:48:10 am »
I was 50 then, went down to a recruiter in October looking for any way to get back in but all they had was NG maybe...

Still a bit mystified why the military cannot take a fit RA guy, with no medical issues,  that has been there done that irregardless of age.. :shrug:

Since WWII we have not fought a major war ALL OUT intending to win a decisive permanent victory--with unconditional surrender.

"God must love the common man, he made so many of them.�  Abe Lincoln

Offline verga

« Reply #33 on: September 12, 2018, 02:05:40 pm »
Since WWII we have not fought a major war ALL OUT intending to win a decisive permanent victory--with unconditional surrender.
That is because the wars are being "Fought" by politicians. Once you made the decision to fight you need to turn the military loose to prosecute the battle to the best of their ability. Wars must be fought with the intention of winning, they are not political deliberations.
In a time of universal deceit - telling the truth is a revolutionary act.
�More than any other time in history, mankind faces a crossroads. One path leads to despair and utter hopelessness. The other, to total extinction. Let us pray we have the wisdom to choose correctly.�-Woody Allen
If God invented marathons to keep people from doing anything more stupid, the triathlon must have taken him completely by surprise.

Online mountaineer

« Reply #34 on: September 12, 2018, 03:15:43 pm »
On a related note, please read the article I posted from The Federalist.
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline truth_seeker

• Common Sense Results Oriented Conservative Veteran
« Reply #35 on: September 12, 2018, 04:50:34 pm »
On a related note, please read the article I posted from The Federalist.

I read the full article. What the article failed to state, is our political and military are NOT willing to do the necessary things, to win decisive, permanent victory.

That might mean intentionally killing far greater numbers of non-combatants (women children, old people).

We are not willing to kill so many Afghans that Riyahd and Mecca and Tehran begs us to stop on behalf of all muslims.

At the end of WWII in Germany we undertook "denazification," whereby every German was examined, to find who might be intending to coninue waging war. (samething in Japan, btw)

Then we stayed on as occupation forces. The allies were not going to quit too early, and render the lives already lost, to have been in vain.

If put on the ballot, the necessity of killing 1,000 Afghan civilians per day in order to win, voters would reject it.

Today's "feel good" America, would not fight for our survival.

Here you can hear Yale PhD. Ben Sasse, on American Exceptionalism.

Good speech, and I not Sasse was not moved by 9-11-2001 to serve in uniform but instead merely in government.

https://www.c-span.org/video/?419276-5/foreign-policy-national-security-conference-senator-ben-sasse

"God must love the common man, he made so many of them.�  Abe Lincoln

Online mountaineer

« Reply #36 on: September 12, 2018, 05:42:21 pm »
If put on the ballot, the necessity of killing 1,000 Afghan civilians per day in order to win, voters would reject it.

Today's "feel good" America, would not fight for our survival.
Agreed.
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org