Author Topic: Never Forget!  (Read 2076 times)

Offline Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
Never Forget!
« on: September 11, 2018, 01:46:57 pm »
Never Forget!

« Last Edit: September 11, 2018, 01:55:11 pm by Bigun »
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Re: Never Forget!
« Reply #1 on: September 11, 2018, 01:57:41 pm »
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline verga

« Reply #2 on: September 11, 2018, 02:03:38 pm »
Images from that day are burned into my memory
In a time of universal deceit - telling the truth is a revolutionary act.
�More than any other time in history, mankind faces a crossroads. One path leads to despair and utter hopelessness. The other, to total extinction. Let us pray we have the wisdom to choose correctly.�-Woody Allen
If God invented marathons to keep people from doing anything more stupid, the triathlon must have taken him completely by surprise.

Offline Bigun

• The FairTax Plan
« Reply #3 on: September 11, 2018, 02:08:27 pm »
Images from that day are burned into my memory

And mine as well!

! No longer available

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline skeeter

« Reply #4 on: September 11, 2018, 02:23:14 pm »
And mine as well!

! No longer available

I was working in Palo Alto at the time, & took my lunch at Stanford Hospital giving blood. The place was packed - everyone wanted to do SOMETHING.

Hard to believe it was only 17 years ago.

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
« Reply #5 on: September 11, 2018, 02:24:17 pm »
I remember on 9/11 leaving my wife's house (we were just dating at the time) and looking towards downtown about 11pm on 9/11and for the first time in my life seeing the whole of the Midland Texas skyline shrouded in darkness. That's when the reality and the gravity of the situation we were facing that day really began to set in with me. I didn't sleep a wink that night...I just kept replaying what had transpired that day over and over in my head.
The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Here lies in honored glory an American soldier, known but to God

THE ESTABLISHMENT IS THE PROBLEM...NOT THE SOLUTION

Republicans Don't Need A Back Bench...They Need a BACKBONE!

Offline Bigun

• The FairTax Plan
« Reply #6 on: September 11, 2018, 02:28:01 pm »
I had just stopped in front of a TV in a hallway display case in the Communications Building at SHSU when the 2nd plane hit the tower.  I knew immediately what it meant.

- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
« Reply #7 on: September 11, 2018, 02:35:21 pm »
Timeline of Events of Sept. 11th 2001

7:58 am - United Airlines Flight 175 departs Boston for Los Angeles,

7:58 am - United Airlines Flight 175 departs Boston for Los Angeles carrying 56 passengers, two pilots,
and seven flight attendants. The Boeing 767 is hijacked after takeoff and diverted to New York.

7:59 am - American Airlines Flight 11 departs Boston for Los Angeles, carrying 81passengers, two pilots,
and nine flight attendants. This Boeing 767 is also hijacked and diverted to New York.

8:01 am - United Airlines Flight 93, a Boeing 757 carrying 38 passengers, two pilots,
and five flight attendants, leaves Newark, N.J., for San Francisco.

8:10 am - American Airlines Flight 77 departs Washington's Dulles International Airport for Los Angeles,
carrying 58 passengers, two pilots, and four flight attendants. The Boeing 757 is hijacked after takeoff.

8:46 am - American Flight 11 from Boston crashes into the North Tower at the World Trade Center.

9 am - President Bush arrives at Sarasota, Fla., school for speech. White House chief of staff Andrew Card tells him
a plane has crashed into the World Trade Center.

9:03 am - United Flight 175 from Boston crashes into the South Tower at the World Trade Center.
- U.S. Federal Aviation Administration shuts down all New York area airports.

9:05 am - President Bush is visiting a second-grade class when Card whispers to him that a second plane
has struck the towers. President delays plans to address the tragedy, deciding to get more information first.

9:21 am - Bridges and tunnels leading into New York City are closed.

9:25 am - All domestic flights are grounded by U.S. Federal Aviation Administration.

9:30 am - President Bush meets privately with National Security Adviser Condoleezza Rice, who briefs him.
He delivers first remarks on the tragedy and asks for a moment of silence for the victims and their families.

9:45 am - American Flight 77 crashes into The Pentagon.

10 am - Aboard Air Force One en route to Louisiana, President Bush calls Vice President Dick Cheney
and puts America's military on a high alert status. Sifts through reports from staff, including an erroneous report that a car bomb had struck the State Department.

Gets news that a plane has crashed near Pittsburgh.

10:05 am - The South Tower at the World Trade Center collapses.

10:05 am - The White House is evacuated.

10:10 am - A large section of one side of The Pentagon collapses.

10:10 am - United Flight 93 crashes in a wooded area in Pennsylvania, after passengers confront hijackers.
One passenger, Todd Beamer, calls his wife on a cell phone and tells her of the plan to overpower the hijackers.
The connection remains open after Beamer puts the phone down.
Lisa Beamer hears her husband tell the other passengers “Let’s roll” signaling the start of the attack.

10:28 am - The North Tower at the World Trade Center collapses.

11:40 am - President Bush arrives at Barksdale Air Force Base, La., where he makes a series of telephone calls from a general's conference room. Tells Cheney in telephone call, "It's the faceless coward that attacks." He also talks to Defense Secretary Donald Rumsfeld and New York Sen. Charles Schumer, D-N.Y.

1 pm - President Bush speaks to the country from a briefing room at Barksdale Air Force Base, Louisiana. (text below)

“I want to reassure the American people that the full resources of the federal government are working to assist
local authorities to save lives and to help the victims of these attacks. Make no mistake: The United States
will hunt down and punish those responsible for these cowardly acts.
I've been in regular contact with the Vice President, the Secretary of Defense, the national security team
and my Cabinet. We have taken all appropriate security precautions to protect the American people.
Our military at home and around the world is on high alert status, and we have taken
the necessary security precautions to continue the functions of your government.
We have been in touch with the leaders of Congress and with world leaders to assure them
that we will do whatever is necessary to protect America and Americans.
I ask the American people to join me in saying a thanks for all the folks who have been fighting hard to rescue our fellow citizens
and to join me in saying a prayer for the victims and their families.
The resolve of our great nation is being tested. But make no mistake: We will show the world that we will pass this test. God Bless.”

1:15 pm - President Bush departs conference room for Air Force One in a camouflaged Humvee. Talks to Cheney again en route to Offutt Air Force Base, Nebraska andschedules a 4 p.m. meeting of his national security staff. Also talks to New York Mayor Rudy Giuliani
and Gov. George Pataki. "I know your heart is broken and your city is strained and anything we can do, let me know," Bush says.

3:07 pm - President Bush arrives at U.S. Strategic Command at Offutt Air Force Base in Nebraska.

4:36 pm - President Bush departs for Washington. En route, he calls first lady Laura Bush and says, "I'm coming home, see you at the White House." Works with aides on his prime-time speech.

6 pm (approx) - Leaders and members from both sides of the U.S. House of Representatives and Senate make a joint statement
on the attacks and end the press conference with the singing of “God Bless America”.

7 pm - President Bush arrives at White House to prepare for address.

8:30 pm - President Bush speaks to nation from The Oval Office (text below).

“Good evening. Today our fellow citizens, our way of life, our very freedom came under attack in a series of deliberate
and deadly terrorist acts. The victims were in airplanes or in their offices:
secretaries, businessmen and women, military and federal workers, moms and dads, friends and neighbors.
Thousands of lives were suddenly ended by evil, despicable acts of terror.
The pictures of airplanes flying into buildings, fires burning, huge structures collapsing
have filled us with disbelief, terrible sadness and a quiet, unyielding anger.
These acts of mass murder were intended to frighten our nation into chaos and retreat. But they have failed.
Our country is strong. A great people has been moved to defend a great nation.
Terrorist attacks can shake the foundations of our biggest buildings, but they cannot touch the foundation of America.
These acts shatter steel, but they cannot dent the steel of American resolve.
America was targeted for attack because we're the brightest beacon for freedom and
opportunity in the world. And no one will keep that light from shining.
Today, our nation saw evil, the very worst of human nature, and we responded with the best of America,
with the daring of our rescue workers, with the caring for strangers and neighbors
who came to give blood and help in any way they could.
Immediately following the first attack, I implemented our government's emergency response plans.
Our military is powerful, and it's prepared. Our emergency teams are working in
New York City and Washington, D.C., to help with local rescue efforts.
Our first priority is to get help to those who have been injured and to take every
precaution to protect our citizens at home and around the world from further attacks.
The functions of our government continue without interruption. Federal agencies in Washington
which had to be evacuated today are reopening for essential personnel tonight
and will be open for business tomorrow.
Our financial institutions remain strong, and the American economy will be open for business as well.
The search is underway for those who are behind these evil acts.
I've directed the full resources for our intelligence and law enforcement communities
to find those responsible and bring them to justice.
We will make no distinction between the terrorists who committed these acts and those who harbor them.
I appreciate so very much the members of Congress who have joined me in strongly condemning these attacks.
And on behalf of the American people, I thank the many world leaders who have called to offer their condolences and assistance.
America and our friends and allies join with all those who want peace
and security in the world and we stand together to win the war against terrorism.
Tonight I ask for your prayers for all those who grieve, for the children whose worlds have been shattered,
for all whose sense of safety and security has been threatened. And I pray they will be comforted by a
power greater than any of us spoken through the ages in
Psalm 23: "Even though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I fear no evil for you are with me."
This is a day when all Americans from every walk of life unite in our resolve for justice
and peace. America has stood down enemies before, and we will do so this time.
None of us will ever forget this day, yet we go forward to defend freedom and all that is good and just in our world.
Thank you. Good night and God Bless America.”

8:35 pm - Bush attends national security meeting.

10:21 pm - Meeting has ended. Secret Service radio squawks with news that Bush has gone home to bed: "Trailblazer…Second floor of the residence."

« Last Edit: September 11, 2018, 02:42:03 pm by txradioguy »
The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
« Reply #8 on: September 11, 2018, 02:40:24 pm »
I had just stopped in front of a TV in a hallway display case in the Communications Building at SHSU when the 2nd plane hit the tower.  I knew immediately what it meant.

My mom called me and told me to turn on the TV that there'd been an accident in New York...a plane had hit the world Trade Center.  My first thought was "there was going to be an air traffic controller out of a job for this"

I turned on the TV to this:

! No longer available

I was watching as the second tower was hit and I knew it was no accident.

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
« Reply #9 on: September 11, 2018, 02:45:52 pm »
This year we also remember Ambassador Chris Stevens, former Air Force Staff Sgt. Sean Smith, former PO1 Navy SEAL Glen Doherty and SCPO (ret) former Navy SEAL Tyrone Woods, killed in the 9/11/2012 terrorist attack in Benghazi, Libya.

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
« Reply #10 on: September 11, 2018, 03:07:21 pm »

Offline Bigun

• The FairTax Plan
« Reply #11 on: September 11, 2018, 03:33:57 pm »

- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
« Reply #12 on: September 11, 2018, 03:37:14 pm »
! No longer available

@Bigun

Thank goodness for the internet and the sites that archive this footage...otherwise we might not ever see it.

Offline TomSea

• All deserve a trial if accused
« Reply #13 on: September 11, 2018, 04:25:18 pm »
The ceremonies this morning had a member of the family complain about those who conflate other events with 9/11/2001. I can think of a few instances where people do this, saying something like "This is France's 911", but I wonder if he is talking about Benghazi, as in post #1, please don't exploit the deaths of those who died in Benghazi with the much greater tragedy of 911.

Offline Bigun

• The FairTax Plan
« Reply #14 on: September 11, 2018, 04:28:33 pm »
The ceremonies this morning had a member of the family complain about those who conflate other events with 9/11/2001. I can think of a few instances where people do this, saying something like "This is France's 911", but I wonder if he is talking about Benghazi, as in post #1, please don't exploit the deaths of those who died in Benghazi with the much greater tragedy of 911.

@Tom Sea

I'm remembering both today.  You can do as you please!

- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline truth_seeker

• Common Sense Results Oriented Conservative Veteran
« Reply #15 on: September 11, 2018, 04:29:13 pm »
Our response was feeble. Weak.We were (and remain) unwiling to blame islam.

Didn't the US government help Saudi Arabia royal family members, to leave the US?

American voters elected a person named Hussein, to president.

We continued letting muslims immigrate to the US.
"God must love the common man, he made so many of them.�  Abe Lincoln

Offline skeeter

« Reply #16 on: September 11, 2018, 04:34:15 pm »
Our response was feeble. Weak.We were (and remain) unwiling to blame islam.

Didn't the US government help Saudi Arabia royal family members, to leave the US?

American voters elected a person named Hussein, to president.

We continued letting muslims immigrate to the US.

The same 'we' who refuse the execute the will of the American people on many other issues, too.

Most normal people knew exactly who to blame and what should be done about it.

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
« Reply #17 on: September 11, 2018, 04:34:22 pm »

Tom, it was the same enemy and the significance of the date was the same.  Just two incidents in the same war.

Offline Bigun

• The FairTax Plan
« Reply #18 on: September 11, 2018, 04:43:56 pm »

Let's Roll!

- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
« Reply #19 on: September 11, 2018, 04:45:03 pm »
Tom, it was the same enemy and the significance of the date was the same.  Just two incidents in the same war.

Exactly

Offline GrouchoTex

« Reply #20 on: September 11, 2018, 04:46:23 pm »
6 and 17 years have passed, and it is still difficult to look at the images.

I remember very well where I was when 9/11/2001 happened.

I'll never forget.

Offline TomSea

FBI official, dead of 9/11-related cancer, remembered as number of cases grows
« Reply #21 on: September 11, 2018, 05:35:28 pm »
By David Shortell and Nadia Kounang, CNN
Updated 6:51 AM ET, Mon June 18, 2018

Woodbridge, Virginia (CNN)Hundreds of FBI officials in dark suits bowed their heads in a Virginia chapel Friday as a pastor offered a prayer to God: "Your son gave his life so that we may live."

Before him and in the center of the vaulted space was the coffin of David LeValley, draped in an American flag. LeValley, the FBI's top agent in Atlanta, died in May of cancer brought on by his time as a first responder in the ruins of lower Manhattan after 9/11.

LeValley later told friends he thought he was going to die that morning as the first of the twin towers came down in front of him. But the terror attack would not claim him as a victim until nearly 17 years later -- long after the months he spent pulling survivors and evidence from the rubble of "the pile," after he raised three children and built a career as a thoughtful and selfless leader, his colleagues eulogized.

Continued at: https://www.cnn.com/2018/06/18/health/9-11-fbi-cancer/index.html

A whole lot of people died after 911 because of all the dust and whatever in the air.

As much as it has been often, correct, to fault the FBI in recent years, their rank-and-file foot-soldiers were at ground zero and deserve to be remembered. Those dying of other illnesses after the 911 date are around 15 I believe.

The great singer, Donna Summer probably passed away due to a related illness as well.

Offline skeeter

A whole lot of people died after 911 because of all the dust and whatever in the air.

As much as it has been often, correct, to fault the FBI in recent years, their rank-and-file foot-soldiers were at ground zero and deserve to be remembered. Those dying of other illnesses after the 911 date are around 15 I believe.

The great singer, Donna Summer probably passed away due to a related illness as well.

I can understand the acute cases, people who took ill immediately after being exposed to toxins in concentrated amounts.

But I do not know how it is possible to definitively link events on 9/11 to illnesses and deaths 17 years down the road. The human body is not that delicate.

Offline TomSea

Increase in number of people dying from 9/11-related illnesses could result in victims’ fund running out of money
By NOAH GOLDBERG  and THOMAS TRACY
SEP 10, 2018

The flood of people coming down with illnesses stemming from the toxic dust kicked up by the 9/11 terror attacks has been so great that the $7.3 billion dedicated to sufferers could run out before everyone has been helped, the Daily News has learned.

The 9/11 Victims Compensation Fund, which is responsible for providing financial assistance to those suffering from illnesses caused by Ground Zero contaminants, is already showing signs of strain.

“We do periodic assessments of our data,” VCF Special Master Rupa Bhattacharyya told the Daily News. The assessments, she said, create projections that will determine if the fund will be able to help everyone before it expires on Dec. 18, 2020.

Read more at: http://www.nydailynews.com/new-york/ny-metro-more-suffer-from-911-illnesses-20180906-story.html

Offline mountaineer

« Reply #24 on: September 11, 2018, 05:42:19 pm »
I suspect that proving a link between 9/11/01 and various subsequent illnesses is difficult. We have a friend, a social worker, who went to Ground Zero shortly after the attacks to help counsel people and she's had a multitude of health problems since then that she attributes to her fairly lengthy time in the area. It may be, but I'm not sure how one might prove it.
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org