Author Topic: Why China Has Its Eyes Set On Greenland, Could Threaten US Air Force Base  (Read 396 times)

Offline To-Whose-Benefit?

• Wulf Anson Author
zerohedge
 Tyler Durden
Mon, 09/10/2018 - 04:15

[excerpt]

https://www.zerohedge.com/news/2018-09-09/why-china-has-its-eyes-set-greenland-could-threaten-us-air-force-base

As China seeks to become a power player in the Arctic, Beijing has recognized that Greenland is the answer to faster shipping routes and access to mineral deposits to further the Belt and Road Initiative.

So when Greenland issued a solicitation to build three new airports, a Chinese company, controlled by Beijing, and once blacklisted by the World Bank — submitted a bid for the project.

Denmark, which has final say on national security issues involving all things Greenland, strongly objected. Greenland then asked China Communications Construction Company (CCCC), which has worked on large infrastructure projects around the world, to remain one of its finalists for the projects, setting up for future negotiations between both governments, said Defense News.
My 'Viking Hunter' High Adventure Alternate History Series is FREE, ALL 3 volumes, at most ebook retailers including Ibooks, Barnes and Noble, Kobo, and more.

In Vol 2 the weapons come out in a winner take all war on two fronts.

Vol 3 opens with the rigged murder trial of the villain in a Viking Court under Viking law to set the stage for the hero's own murder trial.

http://wulfanson.blogspot.com

Offline skeeter

Re: Why China Has Its Eyes Set On Greenland, Could Threaten US Air Force Base
« Reply #1 on: September 10, 2018, 03:31:09 pm »
Why does China think it needs Greenland when it can just build its own island?

Offline TomSea

• All deserve a trial if accused
« Reply #2 on: September 10, 2018, 05:16:37 pm »
This goes along with Chinese ships in the North Atlantic. That story was posted I think last week and my first reaction was, what are they doing there?

Offline To-Whose-Benefit?

• Wulf Anson Author
« Reply #3 on: September 10, 2018, 06:13:48 pm »
This goes along with Chinese ships in the North Atlantic. That story was posted I think last week and my first reaction was, what are they doing there?

I think the headline covers that.

Possibly threaten US Air Force Base.
My 'Viking Hunter' High Adventure Alternate History Series is FREE, ALL 3 volumes, at most ebook retailers including Ibooks, Barnes and Noble, Kobo, and more.

In Vol 2 the weapons come out in a winner take all war on two fronts.

Vol 3 opens with the rigged murder trial of the villain in a Viking Court under Viking law to set the stage for the hero's own murder trial.

http://wulfanson.blogspot.com