Author Topic: Ted Cruz has a plan on how to help Republicans win BIG in November!  (Read 524 times)

Offline Elderberry

• TBR Contributor
The Right Scoop Sep. 7, 2018

Ted Cruz was on Fox Business this morning where the discussed his plan on how to better Republican chances for winning big in November. And it has everything to do with the wall!

Watch --Just over a third of the way through Cruz was asked about the impending government shutdown over the wall funding. Cruz said he absolutely supports funding the wall and added that he’s pushing the Senate to take up another budget reconciliation in order to fully fund the wall.

! No longer available

More: https://therightscoop.com/ted-cruz-has-a-plan-on-how-to-help-republicans-win-big-in-november/

Offline Suppressed

Re: Ted Cruz has a plan on how to help Republicans win BIG in November!
« Reply #1 on: September 09, 2018, 04:05:18 pm »
This video brings to mind a question I have... I don't understand why more conservatives aren't pushing the REINS Act he mentions.
+++++++++
“In the outside world, I'm a simple geologist. But in here .... I am Falcor, Defender of the Alliance” --Randy Marsh

“The most effectual means of being secure against pain is to retire within ourselves, and to suffice for our own happiness.” -- Thomas Jefferson

“He's so dumb he thinks a Mexican border pays rent.” --Foghorn Leghorn

Offline Emjay

• Womp, womp
« Reply #2 on: September 09, 2018, 04:55:45 pm »
The Right Scoop Sep. 7, 2018

Ted Cruz was on Fox Business this morning where the discussed his plan on how to better Republican chances for winning big in November. And it has everything to do with the wall!

Watch --Just over a third of the way through Cruz was asked about the impending government shutdown over the wall funding. Cruz said he absolutely supports funding the wall and added that he’s pushing the Senate to take up another budget reconciliation in order to fully fund the wall.

! No longer available

More: https://therightscoop.com/ted-cruz-has-a-plan-on-how-to-help-republicans-win-big-in-november/

I watched this segment.  Ted Cruz was great as always, and he has some good ideas, not totally innovative but things that haven't been used enough lately to get legislation passed.

He was more on board with the Wall than I have ever seen him.  I think he recognizes that it is important in both actual effectiveness and in a symbolic sign of victory in the fight against the country being overwhelmed by illegals.

I've been discussing and thinking about Ben Sasse who made such a great impression during the hearings by using his time to discuss his thoughts about how America should be run. 

Ben and Ted ... such a contrast.  Neither one wanted Trump, but Ted has manned up, faced reality and has worked closely with the President and supported him on key issues.  I think they actually have a decent relationship now mostly because Ted Cruz lives in reality and doesn't wake up every morning wondering if he can 'stand another day in DC.'
Against stupidity, the Gods themselves contend in vain.

Offline libertybele

« Reply #3 on: September 10, 2018, 05:10:05 am »
Cruz has been for building a wall for quite sometime, long before the 2016 election. Along came Donald Trump who was able to market the idea of a border wall as his and won the presidency.  Of course Cruz is correct, building a wall would retain the GOP majority.

! No longer available
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline Chosen Daughter

• For there is no respect of persons with God. Romans 10:12-13
  • Ephesians 6:13 Stand Firm in the face of evil
« Reply #4 on: September 10, 2018, 05:28:02 am »
I watched this segment.  Ted Cruz was great as always, and he has some good ideas, not totally innovative but things that haven't been used enough lately to get legislation passed.

He was more on board with the Wall than I have ever seen him.  I think he recognizes that it is important in both actual effectiveness and in a symbolic sign of victory in the fight against the country being overwhelmed by illegals.

I've been discussing and thinking about Ben Sasse who made such a great impression during the hearings by using his time to discuss his thoughts about how America should be run. 

Ben and Ted ... such a contrast.  Neither one wanted Trump, but Ted has manned up, faced reality and has worked closely with the President and supported him on key issues.  I think they actually have a decent relationship now mostly because Ted Cruz lives in reality and doesn't wake up every morning wondering if he can 'stand another day in DC.'

You make the same mistake you made with Sasse.  Ted Cruz was calling for the wall long before Trump even came onto the scene.  Yes Ted Cruz is supporting President Trump on immigration because he has always supported that.  You made the same error with Ben Sasse the other day at confirmation hearing.  You decided that Sasse supporting Cavanaugh was tied to support for Trump.  Yes Trump nominated him and Sasse approves.  I am sure that both Senators will support Trump when they agree with policy but it doesn't tie them to undeserved loyalty when he is wrong. 

AG William Barr: "I'm recused from that matter because one of the law firms that represented Epstein long ago was a firm that I subsequently joined for a period of time."

Alexander Acosta Labor Secretary resigned under pressure concerning his "sweetheart deal" with Jeffrey Epstein.  He was under consideration for AG after Sessions was removed, but was forced to resign instead.