Author Topic: Ben Sasse: Neither Republicans nor Democrats have long term vision for the country  (Read 348 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Ben Sasse: Neither Republicans nor Democrats have long term vision for the country
by Naomi Lim
 | September 09, 2018 10:06 AM

A senator who frequently considers leaving the Republican Party accused both the GOP and the Democratic Party on Sunday for not having a vision for the country.

"I probably think about it every morning when I wake up and figure out why am I flying away from Nebraska to go to D.C. this week. Are we going to get real stuff done?" Sen. Ben Sasse, R-Neb., said during an interview with CNN of his thoughts about leaving his party and becoming an independent. "We should be focused on the long term, and I'd loved to see the party of Lincoln and Reagan get back to its roots."

While he praised President Trump for "some good" achievements, such as the nomination of Brett Kavanaugh to the Supreme Court, Sasse said "there is a lot of chaos and a lot of reality TV circus, and that is a little bit different from a long term view."

more
https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/news/ben-sasse-neither-republicans-nor-democrats-have-long-term-vision-for-the-country
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline skeeter

Its worth considering why so many Americans preferred to risk 'TV circus chaos' to the alternatives the two parties are offering.

If Mr Sasse has a specific vision, lets hear it.
« Last Edit: September 09, 2018, 03:23:38 pm by skeeter »

Offline Chosen Daughter

• For there is no respect of persons with God. Romans 10:12-13
  • Ephesians 6:13 Stand Firm in the face of evil
My guess is that he is going to run in 2020.  I was thinking Constitution party but it looks like Independent.  He is right about chaos and reality television.  Trumps whole presidency so far has been about him.  This country isn't about Trump.
AG William Barr: "I'm recused from that matter because one of the law firms that represented Epstein long ago was a firm that I subsequently joined for a period of time."

Alexander Acosta Labor Secretary resigned under pressure concerning his "sweetheart deal" with Jeffrey Epstein.  He was under consideration for AG after Sessions was removed, but was forced to resign instead.

Offline Emjay

• Womp, womp
It's a real shame about Ben Sasse.  He obviously has a great vision for America and the ability to see just how we've drifted from some ideals.

But he is now a fallen idol for me.  I liked him so much after his remarks during the Kavanaugh hearings.

But this reminds me of some of the people on TBR.  He does not have the patience to be an effective Senator in the long run.  Government, by its nature, is ponderous and slow moving.  Right now it's moving in the right direction but it's held back by the very things that frustrate Ben.  Division of powers, for example. 

If Trump had a better Congress behind him, he could have moved faster but he is moving.

To wake up every morning in despondency when you live in the greatest country in the world and have a great opportunity to make it even better is just sad.
Against stupidity, the Gods themselves contend in vain.

Offline Chosen Daughter

• For there is no respect of persons with God. Romans 10:12-13
  • Ephesians 6:13 Stand Firm in the face of evil
It's a real shame about Ben Sasse.  He obviously has a great vision for America and the ability to see just how we've drifted from some ideals.

But he is now a fallen idol for me.  I liked him so much after his remarks during the Kavanaugh hearings.

But this reminds me of some of the people on TBR.  He does not have the patience to be an effective Senator in the long run.  Government, by its nature, is ponderous and slow moving.  Right now it's moving in the right direction but it's held back by the very things that frustrate Ben.  Division of powers, for example. 

If Trump had a better Congress behind him, he could have moved faster but he is moving.

To wake up every morning in despondency when you live in the greatest country in the world and have a great opportunity to make it even better is just sad.

Oh, short romance.  Its OK, your both going to be fine after the breakup.
AG William Barr: "I'm recused from that matter because one of the law firms that represented Epstein long ago was a firm that I subsequently joined for a period of time."

Alexander Acosta Labor Secretary resigned under pressure concerning his "sweetheart deal" with Jeffrey Epstein.  He was under consideration for AG after Sessions was removed, but was forced to resign instead.

Offline jpsb

My guess is that he is going to run in 2020.  I was thinking Constitution party but it looks like Independent.  He is right about chaos and reality television.  Trumps whole presidency so far has been about him.  This country isn't about Trump.

Oh really?

Offline Emjay

• Womp, womp
I'll admit that I didn't know Ben Sasse from My Sassy Girl ... except that he is a Republican Senator from Nebraska, but I've read a lot more about him.

All his positions on core issues are very much like mine.  He opposed the Affordable Care Act; he says one abortion is one too many.

But he is way too much like some of the NTers here on TBR.  He could not stand Trump and voiced concerns about whether he could serve under Trump.

That is not mature thinking.  It is self-obsessed, purity thinking.  He may well end up being a one-term senator which might suit him okay.  He can go back to being a professor at the University of Texas.  We need conservative professors.
Against stupidity, the Gods themselves contend in vain.