Author Topic: Shaken Dutch lawmaker Wilders says no more Prophet cartoons, for now (see Americans stabbed in Nl)  (Read 411 times)

Offline TomSea

• All deserve a trial if accused
Shaken Dutch lawmaker Wilders says no more Prophet cartoons, for now

CERNOBBIO, Italy (Reuters) - Dutch lawmaker and anti-Islam campaigner Geert Wilders has said he has no plans, for now, to revive a competition of cartoons depicting the Prophet Mohammed after it emerged as a motive for a stabbing in Amsterdam last week.

Wilders, speaking on the sidelines of a conference in Italy, expressed shock over the attack, in which a man stabbed and injured two American tourists at Amsterdam’s central station. Dutch media identified the assailant as a 19-year-old Afghan.

The attack came after Wilders canceled plans to hold the cartoon competition, which had also drawn a complaint by Pakistan’s new foreign minister, who said cartoon depictions of the Prophet could incite hate and intolerance.

Read more at: https://www.reuters.com/article/us-amsterdam-stabbing-wilders/shaken-dutch-lawmaker-wilders-says-no-more-prophet-cartoons-for-now-idUSKCN1LO0S9

I hadn't kept up with the stabbing story, I didn't know this might have been the "motivation" to attack and stab Americans. The terrorist was shot dead I believe.

Edit on: The Americans were not killed. I'm not sure of their present condition. I thought one of the attacks was serious.
« Last Edit: September 09, 2018, 02:55:53 am by TomSea »

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
Somebody should create posters of Mohammed getting anally-raped by the Pope,who is using lard for lube.

The sooner the real war starts,the sooner it will end and we won't have to deal with this crap again until they can breed a few more generations of imbeciles.
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!