Author Topic: Obama's bitter sore spot: The Trump economy By Monica Showalter  (Read 265 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Obama's bitter sore spot: The Trump economy By Monica Showalter
« on: September 08, 2018, 09:11:28 pm »
September 8, 2018
Obama's bitter sore spot: The Trump economy
By Monica Showalter

Back on center stage and partisan as ever, President Obama leaped back into politics Friday with a stemwinder stump speech on behalf of his fellow Democrats, declaring Democrats the fount of all progress, bringing up his favorite hobbyhorses, and, most notably, blasting Trump for his economy...before saying the economy was all his.

I think we know what Obama's sore spot is now.

His whole speech shows he has no idea how economies work.  According to the Daily Caller citing the speech:

Obama mentioned the financial crisis at the beginning of his term saying "When I came into office in 2009 we were losing 800,000 jobs a month."

"Millions of people were losing their homes.  Many were worried we were entering into a second Great Depression.  So we worked hard to end that crisis but also to break some of these longer-term trends," Obama said, "And initiated the longest streak of job creation on record.  We covered another 20 million Americans with health insurance and we cut our deficits by more than half, partly by making sure people like me who have been given such amazing opportunities by this country, pay our fair share of taxes, to help folks coming up behind us."

"I mention all this just so when you hear how great the economy is doing right now, let's just remember when this recovery started," Obama then said, "I'm glad it's continued but when you hear about this economic miracle that's been going on, when the job numbers come out, monthly job numbers, suddenly Republicans are saying 'It's a miracle.'  I have to remind them, actually, those job numbers are the same as they were in 2015 and 2016."

more
https://www.americanthinker.com/blog/2018/09/obamas_sore_spot_trumps_soaring_economy.html
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Online Free Vulcan

• Technical
  • Ah, the air is so much fresher here...
Re: Obama's bitter sore spot: The Trump economy By Monica Showalter
« Reply #1 on: September 08, 2018, 09:13:01 pm »
Sounds like Obama is becoming a leftist bigger clinger.
The Republic is lost.