Author Topic: GOP senator says he 'regularly' considers leaving Republican Party  (Read 65938 times)

Offline Right_in_Virginia

Re: GOP senator says he 'regularly' considers leaving Republican Party
« Reply #775 on: September 16, 2018, 05:42:12 pm »
Ummm, wasn't l'affaire de Stormy just a few years ago?  It was not in his youth.  It occurred during this 3rd marriage.

So, what would you have us do @Sanguine ?  Throw away this successful Presidency?  Spend our time tearing down the POTUS instead of supporting and helping him?

History is replete with courageous leaders who are flawed men.  Another example that springs to mind is Benjamin Netanyahu.  Here is a man who has been championed as not only courageous, but the "true leader of the free world".  But if Israelis had followed the lead of so many here, he would have died a political death because he did not measure up to their principles and sense of morality.

Bibi, too, had three wives.  The first, Miriam, was his "soul mate".  They married and lived in the US while they were in school.  While she was pregnant with their daughter, he began an affair with a British woman, Fleur, living in MA and attending the same university--they met in the library.  Miriam found out, kicked his ass to the curb and took their daughter, Noa, back to Israel.

Bibi continued the affair with Fleur eventually bringing her to Israel where she converted to Judaism and they married.  Fleur was sent packing when Bibi realized voters were less than enthralled with his British, formerly Christian wife.

Bibi played the field, as they say.  He was dating several women including Ruth who has been described as an attractive, sophisticated woman working in political public relations.  Another was a flight attendant, Sara, he met on a flight to Israel.  Sara was the antithesis of Ruth and was on her way out when she became pregnant.

It took Sara more than six months and the threat of going public and damaging his political momentum for her to get Bibi under the Huppah.   Sara was home taking care of their toddler son when hell broke loose with the news that there was an "indelicate" video of Bibi and Ruth --- an affair he never ended. 

Bibi went in front of the cameras and gave his "I have sinned" speech, Sara stayed with him after extracting promises and arrangements whereby she essentially knew everything he was doing and would never, ever again let him out of her sight.  To this day she travels with him, even on day trips, attends his meetings, "reviews" his meeting schedules and reminds flight attendants that all questions to the PM are to come through her; not one of them is to speak directly to him.

Does any of Netanyahu's history change your opinion of him.   Or are you able to accept that he is a flawed soul doing great things for his nation?

Offline jpsb

« Reply #776 on: September 16, 2018, 05:45:03 pm »
Hypocrisy is.

Trump fanatics tell us that what Trump did in his "youth" is immaterial to his character because 'every male in history does it".

But, when a Moore is accused to trying to court and date young women some 40 years ago - why, he's a pedophile unfit for consideration.

Moore was lied about and smeared, we (those of us that are GOPers) lost a Senate seat. We
should cut our pols a little slack. I blame the GOPe for losing that seat. Going back 40 years just
ain't right particularly when no charges were filed or even raised back then. There was zero
documentation from 40 years ago that Moore did anything improper.

Offline INVAR

• Dread To Tread
    • Sword At The Ready
« Reply #777 on: September 16, 2018, 05:52:16 pm »
There was zero documentation from 40 years ago that Moore did anything improper.

Irrelevant.

It is the seriousness of the charge that matters.

Unless you are Trump and you bragged about it.

Then it is okay and a positive attribute of how great he is at 'winning'.
Fart for freedom, fart for liberty and fart proudly.  - Benjamin Franklin

...Obsta principiis—Nip the shoots of arbitrary power in the bud, is the only maxim which can ever preserve the liberties of any people. When the people give way, their deceivers, betrayers and destroyers press upon them so fast that there is no resisting afterwards. The nature of the encroachment upon [the] American constitution is such, as to grow every day more and more encroaching. Like a cancer, it eats faster and faster every hour." - John Adams, February 6, 1775

Online Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
« Reply #778 on: September 16, 2018, 05:56:46 pm »
Irrelevant.

Unless you are Trump and you bragged about it.

Then it is okay and a positive attribute of how great he is at 'winning'.

Always have to bring Trump into it.   You truly are an asshat.
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.

Online roamer_1

« Reply #779 on: September 16, 2018, 05:58:15 pm »
Perhaps it is that I am a scientist, a skeptic, or perhaps it is the 'Doubting Thomas' in my nature, but I want proof. The best proof will be seen hanging from gibbets and adorned in orange coveralls and stainless chains.

ME TOO. That is all it takes.Until there is sign on the ground, it don't matter what may or may not be there, because without the sign on the ground, you can't track it anyway.  :shrug:

Offline INVAR

• Dread To Tread
    • Sword At The Ready
« Reply #780 on: September 16, 2018, 06:21:31 pm »
Always have to bring Trump into it.   You truly are an asshat.

It's actually not about Trump at all.

It's actually about you people.

It's about a debased and debauched culture and society that has become of itself, the new moral standard.

A standard that cannot in any capacity, maintain liberty or allow it to exist.

...Obsta principiis—Nip the shoots of arbitrary power in the bud, is the only maxim which can ever preserve the liberties of any people. When the people give way, their deceivers, betrayers and destroyers press upon them so fast that there is no resisting afterwards. The nature of the encroachment upon [the] American constitution is such, as to grow every day more and more encroaching. Like a cancer, it eats faster and faster every hour." - John Adams, February 6, 1775

Offline INVAR

• Dread To Tread
    • Sword At The Ready
« Reply #781 on: September 16, 2018, 06:27:05 pm »
No, as long as no felonies are committed I don't give a damn.

Of course not.

So you will not mind when I laugh at you if and when you and yours become outraged or upset when Democrats in office lie.

After all, lying is not a felony and a person with a habit of doing so is to be trusted - if they make the right promises and are in the right party.

As one of your compatriots on this board has insisted, we should expect our rulers to lie to us - because it keeps us safe from ugly truths.

Online corbe

« Reply #782 on: September 16, 2018, 06:29:51 pm »
   Is that another Thread Lock I'm smelling?
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Offline Axeslinger

« Reply #783 on: September 16, 2018, 06:30:27 pm »

It's actually about you people...A standard that cannot in any capacity, maintain liberty or allow it to exist.
@INVAR

I don’t know why they refuse to see it.   We’ve only said it 18000 times on this forum.  The problem isn’t trump...it’s the sycophants who view him as a savior and are willing to give it all away to prove themselves right.
"The two enemies of the people are criminals and government, so let us tie the second down with the chains of the Constitution so the second will not become the legalized version of the first." - Thomas Jefferson

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
« Reply #784 on: September 16, 2018, 06:31:14 pm »

If ya smelllllllllll-lalala...what the Mod...is...cookin
The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Here lies in honored glory an American soldier, known but to God

THE ESTABLISHMENT IS THE PROBLEM...NOT THE SOLUTION

Republicans Don't Need A Back Bench...They Need a BACKBONE!

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #785 on: September 16, 2018, 06:31:35 pm »
Other than on this board I do not hear a lot of anti trump posturing from the Christian community.Its those in the party trump threw out of the wheelhouse who are his loudest critics.

@skeeter

You could very well be right. My only contact with self-described Christians are on political boards.

In fact,you probably are because it seems like all the ones I see on political boards are "Boy Jorge Bush Christians" who supported a drunken cokehead homosexual president,and now claiming Trump is immoral because he humped some women for rent.
« Last Edit: September 16, 2018, 06:33:49 pm by sneakypete »
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
« Reply #786 on: September 16, 2018, 06:31:39 pm »
@INVAR

I don’t know why they refuse to see it.   We’ve only said it 18000 times on this forum.  The problem isn’t trump...it’s the sycophants who view him as a savior and are willing to give it all away to prove themselves right.

QFT
The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Here lies in honored glory an American soldier, known but to God

THE ESTABLISHMENT IS THE PROBLEM...NOT THE SOLUTION

Republicans Don't Need A Back Bench...They Need a BACKBONE!

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
« Reply #787 on: September 16, 2018, 06:32:55 pm »
@Sanguine

Just trying to bring a little reality into your imaginary world.

Stuff it, Pete.  If you want to be ugly and snarky, take it elsewhere.  I'm happy to discuss issues with you, but not so wild about being randomly insulted.

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
« Reply #788 on: September 16, 2018, 06:34:34 pm »
So what? We elected him to lead the nation, we did not elected him to be the Pope.

I agree.  However, that was not what I was responding to. 

The Trump love defensiveness is strong today.

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
« Reply #789 on: September 16, 2018, 06:36:11 pm »
Hypocrisy is.

Trump fanatics tell us that what Trump did in his "youth" is immaterial to his character because 'every male in history does it".

But, when a Moore is accused to trying to court and date young women some 40 years ago - why, he's a pedophile unfit for consideration.

What the heck does that have to do with what I said?  Sheesh.  Y'all need to take a break.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #790 on: September 16, 2018, 06:37:42 pm »
Irrelevant.

@INVAR

RIGHT! Who needs truth when you have morality on your side,huh?

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
« Reply #791 on: September 16, 2018, 06:37:45 pm »

I sure hope so.  The knee-jerk stupidity of this thread is astounding.
« Last Edit: September 16, 2018, 06:38:30 pm by Sanguine »

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #792 on: September 16, 2018, 06:39:49 pm »

It's about a debased and debauched culture and society that has become of itself, the new moral standard.

@INVAR

ROFLMAO! The Morality Police preaching to us about "truth,justice,and the 'murikan way"! and telling us "in slavery there is freedom!"

Offline INVAR

• Dread To Tread
    • Sword At The Ready
« Reply #793 on: September 16, 2018, 06:40:42 pm »
What the heck does that have to do with what I said?  Sheesh.  Y'all need to take a break.

You said not to riff on Moore because that was a different situation.

I disagree.

The hypocrisy displayed is stunning.

Online Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
« Reply #794 on: September 16, 2018, 06:42:38 pm »

I hope so.  It's far outlived it's usefulness.
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Online DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
« Reply #795 on: September 16, 2018, 06:42:52 pm »

LOL! 

We got ourselves a 'real' Judge Roy Bean here, ladies and gentlemen.

To him, there is no law and order among killers and thieves liars and adulterers...or the people that vote for and support them.

@INVAR  ...You have a fierce need not to be wrong.  As evidenced by your penchant of responding to each sentence, you have to have the last word on anything/everything.

The video would show the President saying he loves puppies...and you'd post that he hates kittens.
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Offline INVAR

• Dread To Tread
    • Sword At The Ready
« Reply #796 on: September 16, 2018, 06:44:00 pm »
@INVAR

ROFLMAO! The Morality Police preaching to us about "truth,justice,and the 'murikan way"! and telling us "in slavery there is freedom!"

You betcha.

While I am a willing slave to Christ and biblical morality - you sir are a slave to men, their lawlessness and debauchery.  You will have no liberty.

You will have freedom... for a time.  Until consequences make those chains you wear exceedingly uncomfortable.

Offline INVAR

• Dread To Tread
    • Sword At The Ready
« Reply #797 on: September 16, 2018, 06:45:05 pm »
@INVAR  ...You have a fierce need not to be wrong.  As evidenced by your penchant of responding to each sentence, you have to have the last word on anything/everything.

Yup.

Whatcha gonna do about it?

I advise putting me on ignore.

Online DCPatriot

« Reply #798 on: September 16, 2018, 06:46:33 pm »
I hope so.  It's far outlived it's usefulness.

That may be so, @Bigun

Want to thank @mystery-ak and the @Mod1 etc., for letting this thread stay open for as long as it is.  Ordinarily it would have been deep-sixed long ago.

Yes, we have fights, but they don't turn into food fights...we kind of moderated ourselves and they gave us a lot of rope.

"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Online DCPatriot

« Reply #799 on: September 16, 2018, 06:48:11 pm »
Yup.

Whatcha gonna do about it?

I advise putting me on ignore.

Au contraire.

You're part of my comedic relief here.   Carry on, sport. 
« Last Edit: September 16, 2018, 06:48:45 pm by DCPatriot »