Author Topic: Trump's New Advisor Calls Global Warming A Cult Movement & Pure Belief Disguised As Science  (Read 901 times)

Offline To-Whose-Benefit?

• Wulf Anson Author
Climate Depot
Mark Morano, Sept 6, 2018

[excerpt]

http://www.climatedepot.com/2018/09/06/trumps-new-science-advisor-calls-global-warming-a-cult-movement-pure-belief-disguised-as-science/

President Trump's new top science advisor Dr. Will Happer of Princeton University has told The Scientist that the significance of climate change has been "tremendously exaggerated" and has "become sort of a cult movement in the last five or 10 years."

Happer: "The world has lots and lots of problems, but increasing CO2 is not one of the problems. So [the accord] dignifies it by getting all these yahoos who don't know a damn thing about climate saying, 'This is a problem, and we're going to solve it.' All this virtue signaling. You can read about it in the Bible: Pharisees and hypocrites and phonies."

Happer: “The incredible list of supposed horrors that increasing CO2 will bring the world is pure belief disguised as science,”

Dr. Happer Testifies to Congress: ‘Warming and increased CO2 will be good for mankind’
 â€“ ‘CO2 is not a pollutant and it is not a poison and we should not corrupt the English language by depriving ‘pollutant’ and ‘poison’ of their original meaning’
My 'Viking Hunter' High Adventure Alternate History Series is FREE, ALL 3 volumes, at most ebook retailers including Ibooks, Barnes and Noble, Kobo, and more.

In Vol 2 the weapons come out in a winner take all war on two fronts.

Vol 3 opens with the rigged murder trial of the villain in a Viking Court under Viking law to set the stage for the hero's own murder trial.

http://wulfanson.blogspot.com

Offline Applewood

When you're right, you're right. 

Online DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Online Free Vulcan

• Technical
  • Ah, the air is so much fresher here...
Global warming theory is based on one fundamental, doubly flawed assumption, that: 1) the .05% concentration in the atmosphere creates a greenhouse effect that, 2) reflects that energy downward to the Earth from a colder to warmer mass.

The Republic is lost.

• Wulf Anson Author
Climate Researchers Warn Only Hope For Humanity Now Lies In Possibility They Are Making All Of This Up

the Onion 8/7/18

https://www.theonion.com/climate-researchers-warn-only-hope-for-humanity-now-lie-1828171232

GENEVA—Saying the time to act has come and gone, a group of researchers from the U.N. Intergovernmental Panel on Climate Change warned Tuesday that any hope for the future of humanity now hinges on the possibility that scientists like themselves are simply making all of this up. “After reviewing our climate models and projections of worldwide CO2 emissions, we have come to the conclusion that the only scenario in which the human race survives is if our thousands upon thousands of meticulous empirical studies on climate change turn out to be something we’ve been lying about all along,” said climate scientist Philip Vanderwall, who stated that unless the entire scientific community has spent the past 50 years falsifying reams of data as part of a coordinated disinformation campaign to sabotage the global economy, the world’s low-lying coastal regions are as good as done for. “The evidence indicates our planet still might stand a chance of averting a complete climate catastrophe as long as my colleagues and I belong to a cabal of charlatans who are secretly paid huge sums of money to trick everyone into believing excess greenhouse gases will precipitate record-breaking natural disasters and worldwide famine. Otherwise, we’re all doomed.” On a personal note, Vanderwall added that he hopes that one day, his grandchildren will discover that he was involved in a massive, nefarious conspiracy spanning every country on the face of the earth, because it is the only thing that can possibly save them.
My 'Viking Hunter' High Adventure Alternate History Series is FREE, ALL 3 volumes, at most ebook retailers including Ibooks, Barnes and Noble, Kobo, and more.

Vol 3 opens with the rigged murder trial of the villain in a Viking Court under Viking law to set the stage for the hero's own murder trial.

Offline Absalom

Er...............doesn't Co2 promote growth???????

Offline LMAO

Science can debate whether or not the change in climate we are seeing currently is either natural cycle or anthropogenic.

But for those who believe it’s anthropogenic, yeah, it’s definitely become a religion
I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them.

Barry Goldwater

http://www.usdebtclock.org

My Avatar is my adult autistic son Tommy

Offline kevindavis007

No S**t Sherlock
Join The Reagan Caucus: https://reagancaucus.org/ and the Eisenhower Caucus: https://EisenhowerCaucus.org

Ronald Reagan: “Rather than...talking about putting up a fence, why don’t we work out some recognition of our mutual problems and make it possible for them to come here legally with a work permit…earning here they pay taxes here.”

Offline Applewood

I remember as a little kid being taught that it was beneficial to the trees. 

Offline Slide Rule

Climate Researchers Warn Only Hope For Humanity Now Lies In Possibility They Are Making All Of This Up

the Onion 8/7/18

https://www.theonion.com/climate-researchers-warn-only-hope-for-humanity-now-lie-1828171232

GENEVA—Saying the time to act has come and gone, a group of researchers from the U.N. Intergovernmental Panel on Climate Change warned Tuesday that any hope for the future of humanity now hinges on the possibility that scientists like themselves are simply making all of this up.

“After reviewing our climate models and projections of worldwide CO2 emissions, we have come to the conclusion that the only scenario in which the human race survives is if our thousands upon thousands of meticulous empirical studies on climate change turn out to be something we’ve been lying about all along,”

said climate scientist Philip Vanderwall, who stated that unless the entire scientific community has spent the past 50 years falsifying reams of data as part of a coordinated disinformation campaign to sabotage the global economy, the world’s low-lying coastal regions are as good as done for. “The evidence indicates our planet still might stand a chance of averting a complete climate catastrophe as long as my colleagues and I belong to a cabal of charlatans who are secretly paid huge sums of money to trick everyone into believing excess greenhouse gases will precipitate record-breaking natural disasters and worldwide famine. Otherwise, we’re all doomed.” On a personal note, Vanderwall added that he hopes that one day, his grandchildren will discover that he was involved in a massive, nefarious conspiracy spanning every country on the face of the earth, because it is the only thing that can possibly save them.

My god. I think you got it Sherlock.

:)
White, American, MAGA, 3% Neanderthal, and 97% Extreme Right Wing Conservative.

Recommended

J Boswell, The Life of Samuel Johnson
E Burke, Reflections on the Revolution in France
N Davies, Europe: A History
R Feynman, The Feynman Lectures on Physics
R Penrose, The Road To Reality & The Emperor's New Mind
K Popper, An Open Society and Its Enemies & The Logic of Scientific Discovery
A Solzhenitsyn, The Gulag Archipelago, & Everything he wrote

Offline Formerly Once-Ler

President Trump's new top science advisor Dr. Will Happer of Princeton University...
You can read about it in the Bible.

This is fine.

Offline Timothy Dennis

The heating and cooling of the Earth is as old as the Earth itself. It is cyclical. The Scripture instructs that "the Earth abides forever". These "the sky is falling" leftist cultists are angling for environmental regulations that are designed to diminish and erode economies in an effort to realize a one-world government headed up by an elite cabal. Basically, these elite want a world consisting of across-the-board economic dependency that produces populations rendered easily controllable and easily manipulated.

• Wulf Anson Author
Archeologists digging out the remains of a 1400 year old building from a bog in Ireland noted the growth rings in the wood were larger spaced, indicating a warmer period.

Can't pin that one on industrial pollution or cars and trucks.

It's the nuclear life cycle of the sun, stupid.
« Last Edit: September 09, 2018, 06:09:39 pm by To-Whose-Benefit? »

Offline kevindavis007

Science can debate whether or not the change in climate we are seeing currently is either natural cycle or anthropogenic.

But for those who believe it’s anthropogenic, yeah, it’s definitely become a religion

But when it comes to other science like Space Exploration and such, they want NASA to focus on Earth.
Join The Reagan Caucus: https://reagancaucus.org/ and the Eisenhower Caucus: https://EisenhowerCaucus.org

Ronald Reagan: “Rather than...talking about putting up a fence, why don’t we work out some recognition of our mutual problems and make it possible for them to come here legally with a work permit…earning here they pay taxes here.”

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
From the article:
President Trump's new top science advisor Dr. Will Happer of Princeton University has told The Scientist that the significance of climate change has been "tremendously exaggerated" and has "become sort of a cult movement in the last five or 10 years."

How refreshing and encouraging to hear this.

I hope this guy keeps talkin' as much as he can.

Online Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan

@Absalom

Only if you are a plant.  Surprisingly,  human beings depend on plants for many things.  In fact, we can't live without them!
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien