Author Topic: Fox News analyst explains why Trump ‘doesn’t have the temperament for the hardest job on the planet’  (Read 1071 times)

Offline Machiavelli

• Curmudgeon
  • Realist
Fox News analyst explains why Trump ‘doesn’t have the temperament for the hardest job on the planet’ and is now likely to purge

Martin Cizmar
Raw Story
September 6, 2018

In the wake of a published New York Times op-ed by an anonymous senior Trump administration official who lambasted the “amoral” president and explained how insiders are thwarting him, debate has raged about how Trump will respond.

As President Trump rages about the “gutless” letter, the discussion has turned to what he’ll do now.

Fox News analyst A.B. Stoddard thinks Trump is going to respond by spiraling even more out of control. The Real Clear Politics editor went on Shep Smith’s show Thursday to explain how the “impulsive and erratic” Trump is going to react.

More

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GLbMcvuVXbw
! No longer available
« Last Edit: September 07, 2018, 11:45:20 pm by Machiavelli »

Offline corbe

History tells us that her theory is certainly plausible.
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Offline darroll

He seemed to do pretty well against the rocket man.

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
I'm waiting until Doris Kearns-Goodwin weights in.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline LMAO

I’ve said before, I do cut Donald Trump a lot more slack than I would any other president in the past because of his gross inexperience as a result of not holding any type of public office

But there are times when you defend yourself and he has that right to do that. But then there are times where  he needs to shut up. 
I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them.

Barry Goldwater

http://www.usdebtclock.org

My Avatar is my adult autistic son Tommy

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member

Offline InHeavenThereIsNoBeer

I'm sure glad we have a Fox News analyst to help us understand whether someone has the temperament for the hardest job on the planet.

I know when my math courses got really difficult, I always looked for help from the nearest Communications major in the room.  Oh wait, there weren't any.  Imagine that.
My avatar shows the national debt in stacks of $100 bills.  If you look very closely under the crane you can see the Statue of Liberty.

Offline Applewood

I’ve said before, I do cut Donald Trump a lot more slack than I would any other president in the past because of his gross inexperience as a result of not holding any type of public office

But there are times when you defend yourself and he has that right to do that. But then there are times where  he needs to shut up.

Trump cannot stop reacting to every little thing.  Sure, he could say the Woodward book and the op-ed are crap, but that should be it.  The endless theatrics and the melodrama are certainly not necessary.  Thing is, the more he carries on about both, the more he proves everything Woodward and the op-ed writer said about him and his administration. 

And even though some of his hires were atrocious, Trump does have some good people around him.  I wish he would listen to them more.  I get the feeling he doesn't listen to them at all.   

Offline austingirl

• Cruz 2016- a Constitutional Conservative at last!
And yet trump has been doing a darn good job with measurable results.  :pondering:
Principles matter. Words matter.

Offline Maj. Bill Martin

• I'll make Mincemeat out of 'em"
Even if he doesn't have "the temperament"...so what?  He's duly elected, and that isn't grounds to remove him.  The next election isn't until 2020, and his temperament isn't going to change in the interim.

So why should we care?
« Last Edit: September 08, 2018, 04:23:20 pm by Maj. Bill Martin »

Offline Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
I'm waiting until Doris Kearns-Goodwin weights in.

Has john McCain chimed in yet ?
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.

Offline skeeter

Offline darroll

When someone says I'm an a-hole, a few hairs do come up on my neck. (Unless they are right) :tongue2:

Offline Free Vulcan

• Technical
  • Ah, the air is so much fresher here...
And yet trump has been doing a darn good job with measurable results.  :pondering:

That one word: RESULTS!

Everyone wants their stained glass statesman and great speechifiers to inspires as we climb the lofty heights into the great intellectual expanse. We have many of those in the do-nothing House and Senate (*cough* Mitch McConnell *cough*), hence needed reforms don't get passed.

Personally, I want a guy who gets it done, even if it always isn't pretty.
The Republic is lost.

Offline Absalom

The Mod's namesake, an old Roman, told us:
" It is far better the ruler be feared rather than loved."
The Establishment has absolutely no fear of Trump
which is why they urinate on him continually.
A real danger for plain citizens is that, in a rage, he
will instigate an action so reckless that it will get him
thrown out of office.
Sadly his persona is cast in stone and he is too old
to either grasp this or change.

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
Title:
Fox News analyst explains why Trump ‘doesn’t have the temperament for the hardest job on the planet’

Au contraire.

He's "a man for the times".
The RIGHT guy to be there right now.

As the leftists./democrat-communists go further and further off their collective rockers, we have a president who FIGHTS BACK.

Name me ONE candidate from the 2016 "Republican crop" who would have, who could have been as effective and who could have accomplished as much as Mr. Trump has.

....   Still waitin'.