Author Topic: When I challenge the president, I do it directly... (Nikki Haley)  (Read 275 times)

Offline endicom

When I challenge the president, I do it directly... (Nikki Haley)
« on: September 07, 2018, 11:11:23 pm »
When I challenge the president, I do it directly. My anonymous colleague should have, too.

Washington Post
Nikki Haley
Sept. 7, 2018

We have enough issues to deal with in the world, so it’s unfortunate to have to take time to write this, but I feel compelled to address the claims in the anonymous “resistance” op-ed published this week in the New York Times. The author might think he or she is doing a service to the country. I strongly disagree. What this “senior official in the Trump administration” has done, and is apparently intent on continuing to do, is a serious disservice — not just to the president but to the country.

I, too, am a senior Trump administration official. I proudly serve in this administration, and I enthusiastically support most of its decisions and the direction it is taking the country. But I don’t agree with the president on everything. When there is disagreement, there is a right way and a wrong way to address it. I pick up the phone and call him or meet with him in person.

More... https://www.washingtonpost.com/opinions/when-i-challenge-the-president-i-do-it-directly-my-anonymous-colleague-should-have-too/2018/09/07/d453eaf6-b2ae-11e8-9a6a-565d92a3585d_story.html?noredirect=on&utm_term=.f108a1ac0389